Wishlist Ideas You Want to See

Have a new general feature to suggest, or think one should be tweaked? Share your ideas here.
Squeak

Re: Wishlist Ideas You Want to See

Post by Squeak »

Triple Post:

I'd like to suggest craftable shotglasses (2 fingers of liquid) out of rock via the stonework recipes. And then castable so I can cart around my flask of whiskey and whip out a rose-gold shotglass to pass around instead of my flask.

Also, would like to see a "signet" option, similar to a craftermark that's tacked on with the SIGN command. Something that is approved (sorry staff) that gives another option when SIGNing letters. I.e. SIGN SIGNET will, with a small bit of RT, add your signet to it. I imagine it reading like:
-Chimaera #6857
A dab of bronze wax, imprinted with a vertical pistol over a flourished C, secures a folded length of dogwood-rose colored ribbon to the bottom of the page

(Not *really* necessary, just easier than typing all of that out for every letter :D)
Bonehead

Post by Bonehead »

Mount or animal healing/tending manually.

If somebody has Animal Husbandry, maybe a decent level or Druidry with an ability or something, it makes sense they would be able to approach a mount calmly enough to heal them of any wounds, at least to me.
Wut?
artus

Post by artus »

Not sure if anyone posted, but I've been thinking of something like old Clok survey when it tells you what's actually forageable in the room instead of just what's in the room. It doesn't really affect older players much but newbies likely have no clue they can forage bluestem with scythe or milkweed is forageable with forage milkweed keyword. Let's say they go in and try to find something to eat and then they find all these crawlgrass or whatever with nothing coming out of it, they'll either try and see if they can forage and use wrong keyword, or forage in general and get nothing. They definitely won't find milkweed that way. There are even instances of myself trying to forage for peppergrass or sage just for the sake of testing stuff. We have a lot of plants here and little idea of what we can actually forage and make use of, unless it's told in game or something.
Lexx416

Post by Lexx416 »

Rias says, "I'm not sure on Mummers. Bard-only, yeah, as I don't like the idea of people considering them an option to finagle Words of Power into their Berserker build or something silly like that. It'll be similar to Berserkers, Rangers, and Primalists going through their druidic initiation ritual. An optional thing a certain class can do to unlock some occult powers."

I think it would be cool to see a future scholar class/node and warrior class/node that lets non-bards use limited words of power. I'm not sure what exactly either of those things would/should look like, but something like a slightly mystical "mind over matter" warrior or occult academic delving into weird mental stuff sound like they'd be cool.
"You hear the Woses, the Wild Men of the Woods... Remnants of an older time they be, living few and secretly, wild and wary as beasts."
Candelori

Post by Candelori »

I would like to see more human foes flee when they are sufficiently injured, and a way to signal an offer of quarter so that I do not need to leave the room for a foe to flee. For my loftier wish, I would appreciate a way to take NPCs prisoner and deliver them to town for incarceration. I do not wish to murder blood cultists on the road, but neither do I wish to allow them to flee and go on with their hideous deeds another day.
My COGG website: https://candelori.neocities.org
You think to yourself, "I am tempted to henceforth refer to this as the Bicker Board."
You experience a sudden flash of insight, as though you have an increased understanding of who you are.
Squeak

Post by Squeak »

Something that just came to mind while I was organizing my vault:

Could we have a merchant who sells short-term use molds, useable just a handful of times (I honestly went with single-use, limited buy), but with different nouns? I'd suspect these would impart a "Cannot be molded" tag, but give crafters a bit more freedom to make new things.

Just a few things to give an idea; a misericorde blade, a francisca head, et cetera.

Also neat if you could buy various other parts molds for things already in game, falchion blade, flanged mace head, heavy ball, chain, knuckles of both varieties, et cetera.

Put it right jext to that cloth merchant you teased at the Roundtable a little while back. :lol:
Lexx416

Post by Lexx416 »

Not sure how doable it'd be but as I sit hit and carve a 50th item out of a material unsure if this is a bug or just how it works, it'd be really nice if when I used EXAMINE on a leftover material like a branch or a block and could see approximately how much is left. Even if it was vague like "There's about half" and "There's about a quarter",. etc "of <material> left".
"You hear the Woses, the Wild Men of the Woods... Remnants of an older time they be, living few and secretly, wild and wary as beasts."
Jilliana

Post by Jilliana »

It would be great to have the use of the 'room' and 'people' commands.

I'd like to see where I am and who's with me if I had to go AFK or got mad slammed during moving RP/event with these commands instead of typing 'l' because I don't want to see the room description just to know one single detail.

Someone suggested arresting or scaring off enemies - +100 to that suggestion!
(Rias says, "Happiness is accepting your past as part of who you are.")
silly

Post by silly »

Jilliana wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 11:34 pm It would be great to have the use of the 'room' and 'people' commands.
There is an OCCUPANTS command that tells you who's in the room with you, if that helps.
Using your hands, you work at washing a wash basin at a wash basin.
A wash basin is now clean.
Volinn

Post by Volinn »

The option to modify bucklers to be belt-worn similar to how quivers work. They were often hung from the belt/hilt/scabbard and I think it would be a neat aesthetic thing.