Wishlist Ideas You Want to See

Have a new general feature to suggest, or think one should be tweaked? Share your ideas here.
Staz

Re: Wishlist Ideas You Want to See

Post by Staz »

No idea how I didn't think of this before, but mount rentals would be amazing and would eliminate the epidemic of sad abandoned mules confined for life to the stables once someone has saved up for a horse. It could be like 5% of the mount cost for 24 hour access to a horse/mule/etc. It could be extended like Inn rooms and farmland rentals in order to keep the animal from just bucking you off and going home when the rental expires.

(Or in the case of Mistal Lake, being suddenly teleported out from under you by magical means, leaving you sitting in the dirt and deeply unsettled.)

This would also give newbie druids, woodcutters, and general nature lovers a way to pull up stumps before they're able to save 60k+ for a mount,

A rent-to-own model wouldn't be bad either. After 20 rentals of the same animal, you would have ended up paying 100% of the normal price, so it could be an option to give the player ownership at that point.
Dennis

Post by Dennis »

Combining chalk uses so I only have one chalk instead of three chalk with 4 uses, 50 uses, and 29 uses respectively.
"Always remember that we are a community before anything else. Before being a 'game' or a 'world' we are a bunch of folk who get together to have fun."
tulpa

Post by tulpa »

If chalk could bundle it might help that? Seems like a good candidate for it.
jerc

Post by jerc »

It would be nice to have an "EXP BUCKET DUMP <PERCENTAGE>" command to immediately pour some of your exp bucket onto the ground.

You lose the exp, but it would free you up to continue practicing.

There have been a few complaints about some skills filling the bucket too fast, like with mining/metalworking forcing you to wait mid-recipe if you're mainly going for practice, or only hunting animals, but not killing them if you're going for tracking practice. Being able to consciously make the exp/practice tradeoff would be really nice.
Gorth

Post by Gorth »

jerc wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 9:18 am It would be nice to have an "EXP BUCKET DUMP <PERCENTAGE>" command to immediately pour some of your exp bucket onto the ground.

You lose the exp, but it would free you up to continue practicing.

There have been a few complaints about some skills filling the bucket too fast, like with mining/metalworking forcing you to wait mid-recipe if you're mainly going for practice, or only hunting animals, but not killing them if you're going for tracking practice. Being able to consciously make the exp/practice tradeoff would be really nice.
I'm going to very loudly throw my support behind this. It's not like you can use it to really gain more XP, as best as I can think, but it does possibly speed up skill training to a point that big man wasn't intending. Dunno.
:undm_scales_key: :shagerd:
Proud owner of the ten thousandth post.
nobody

Post by nobody »

Due to plot events, I find I am now sitting at a watch point (::ROOM-ID-f4644989-6567-4bef-b987-b8af766ed9d0::) and it would be really cool to be able to see movement in watchable rooms, maybe with less detail than being in the relevant room. Something like the follow code would be awesome (the generic man/woman/horse enters/exits). If that would be too spammy, maybe it should require `watch`ing the relevant window or whatever to see people moving in and out.
Last edited by nobody on Thu Feb 16, 2023 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Squeak

Post by Squeak »

QOL improvement (at least for Nightblades) - "wearable" weapons, i.e. knuckle dusters, spike-knuckles, and (maybe) caestus should act like they're worn (or actually worn) to allow non-complex actions to be made while using two of them. Grabbing a knife and throwing it, for instance, but not picking a lock or disarming a trap. Smearing some unguent on a wound, but not wielding a sword or dagger. Those kind of things.
jerc

Post by jerc »

Could we be allowed to hide (ineffectively) in nohide rooms? I was in a situation today where I found myself having to go back another room so that I could hide and then enter the nohide room just so that I could be hidden when entering the *next* room, which is where I really wanted to be.

Alternatively, what about a "sneak" command that doesn't require you to be hidden, but will effectively hide you "in between" rooms, so that you're hidden upon entry to the destination?
nobody

Post by nobody »

I would love if the names command were searchable in a few ways:
- names npc to see only NPCs
- names pc to see only PCs
- names <search term> to search for names that contain the search term (e.g. names sapphire would return all names that contain "sapphire", names p would return all names that contain a "p")
- names ^<search term> to search for names that start with the search term (e.g. names ^L to find all names that start with L)
A nice-to-have but more niche would be
- names <pc/npc> ^<search term> so we could get back only PCs (or NPCs) whose names start with the search term.
Lexx416

Post by Lexx416 »

nobody wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 8:04 am I would love if the names command were searchable in a few ways:
- names npc to see only NPCs
- names pc to see only PCs
- names <search term> to search for names that contain the search term (e.g. names sapphire would return all
- names that contain "sapphire", names p would return all names that contain a "p")
- names ^<search term> to search for names that start with the search term (e.g. names ^L to find all names that start with L)
A nice-to-have but more niche would be
- names <pc/npc> ^<search term> so we could get back only PCs (or NPCs) whose names start with the search term.
As someone who's Names list is slowly growing to gargantuan proportions - yes please.
"You hear the Woses, the Wild Men of the Woods... Remnants of an older time they be, living few and secretly, wild and wary as beasts."