Wishlist Ideas You Want to See

Have a new general feature to suggest, or think one should be tweaked? Share your ideas here.
Teri

Wishlist Ideas You Want to See

Post by Teri »

What ideas would you love to see. Maybe not always totally doable, but what inspirations hit you.

I'd love to catch sparkflies with artifice
Discussed in VC, skipping stones and posted elsewhere on bbs
Catch fish with artifice
Throw javelins at fish and possibly lose them in the river as a ranged fishing
Skunks that knock down stealth rolls if they hit people
Bells that roll against stealth each movement to not ring.
Oh no, looks like I might die as I have lived. In the wrong place at the wrong time
Firerose

Re: Wishlist Ideas You Want to See

Post by Firerose »

Being able to pick flowers to weave into wicker circlets.
(Obviously, not to pick millions of them to bloat the database)
Desert terrain
Jungle terrain
Leather duffel bags (since we can make cloth and knitted ones already)
Jewelry implementation, with ability to customize pieces with gem cuts, and various descriptor words for jewelry, perhaps patterns etched into the metal.
Yarn bracelets you can attach shells to, much like the yarn necklaces.
Ability to swim in lakes and rivers (if your swimming is up high enough!)
Cooking recipes of all sorts.
Maybe the ability to make our own dyes from naturally-grown plants... or less savory things.
Teri

Post by Teri »

Animal husbandry decreasing the time it takes to milk cows. At around 200 skill it doesn't fail often, so 300 to 400 it would be neat for it a chance speed up slightly, other than the skill allowing one to buy more plots.
Animal husbandry to be used for healing horses. Maybe a lot of fails if attempting without the skill along the lines of trying to attach quivering bowstrings, where the horse goes nope. don' t touch.
For horse morale boosting, take your horse to a farmer with really high skill who can brush and groom them.
Arcanic skill decreasing drawing times.
Oh no, looks like I might die as I have lived. In the wrong place at the wrong time
Volinn

Post by Volinn »

See what's in someone's scabbard/sheath/etc when you look at them like how haft-frogs and rings work. EDIT: OKAY APPARENTLY THE OTHER THING ALREADY WORKS. It didn't seem to the first day or so that I played and I just never tried again.
Last edited by Volinn on Mon Sep 05, 2022 2:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Frisbee

Post by Frisbee »

The ability to harvest into one specific container, such as a handcart you're not pulling.

To add to Firerose's suggestion, doing more things with flowers -- making decorations with them, or putting them in clay vases/jars, but that's not really a huge thing, though it'd be nice.

The look person's shirt thing already works, as far as i'm aware.
Stop putting watermellons into the first thing you see that looks like it can hold a watermellon. It is most rude, because you'll only make them feel like they don't belong.
ocayucos

Post by ocayucos »

You can already do <look person's item> to get a closer look at it.

l man's baldric
You take a closer look at a tall solid jet-black-haired youthful man with tan skin and blue-gray eyes's leather baldric ...
A leather sword sheath that can be worn over one shoulder to let the sword rest on the back.
It has the following minor components:
some copper rivets
a copper buckle
Teri

Post by Teri »

I know there is often requested saddlebags, so... saddlebags. My wishlist thing would be a saddle bag that can fit 20 pounds, or one larger item like a cuirass. The cuirass is the only armor piece that can't be shoved in current bags. Mostly thinking for swim/climbs, but having a weapon to swap to from a saddlebag would be neat as well.
Volinn

Post by Volinn »

Scales with which to measure the exact weight of items. It would be nice if it were just in a shop or two somewhere - or at the market would make even more sense. I can see how everyone dragging along portable scales would be incredibly silly.

This may exist already and I'm just unaware of it, but an 'inventory vault/room' command to see a list of everything in your vault or inn room while you're in them - as well as what containers everything is in - to make it easier to look through it all and get rid of stuff.
Taliaferro

Post by Taliaferro »

I'd love to be able to read a document that's on a surface in the room, without having to pick it up, like an open book or a letter on a table.
Teri

Post by Teri »

Be able to put flapjacks on a plate.