Wishlist Ideas You Want to See

Have a new general feature to suggest, or think one should be tweaked? Share your ideas here.
Teri

Bells

Post by Teri »

Bells. With a stealth check against them each time when moving, and if it fails, get noticed by everything in the room.
Clay molds breaking eventually.
Oh no, looks like I might die as I have lived. In the wrong place at the wrong time
Teri

Re: Wishlist Ideas You Want to See

Post by Teri »

Wooden weapons/non lethal throwing weapons
Oh no, looks like I might die as I have lived. In the wrong place at the wrong time
jerc

Post by jerc »

Patchwork cloth.

Bare minimum tailoring skill requirements. Takes four pieces of cloth of any type, usually mismatched, and a skein of thread. Loses all properties of the input pieces of cloth so that you can take all of your otherwise-useless scraps and combine them into enough bundleable patchwork cloth to make larger pieces out of it. Final products can still be dyed, but would still obviously be patchwork.
Teri

Post by Teri »

Tablecloths as a tailored item
Howard

Post by Howard »

I really want to see brewing. Farm different wheat/barley, buy different yeast strains at the general store, and do the boil down and fermentation steps.
I'd also love it if wooden items either showed the type of wood or just said "wooden" rather than pine.
Teri

Sparring/Cvc options

Post by Teri »

An option for a sparring or non-lethal cvc mode where you break their limbs and what not, but not that last 1 vital hit point for more extended cvc and a chance to surrender without 'oops I one shot your face because of dice rolls when I was aiming for your leg' like Rimworld doctors doing foot surgery and chopping off a head on crit failure.
Howard

Post by Howard »

I would love to be able to sell farm animals to other players, maybe for a small transfer fee with the farm stocks. Great for people who want to sell rare animals or sell animals at a discount for new farmers.
Lexx416

Post by Lexx416 »

Seasonally available, faction-town/city exclusive pins, so that we can all go mad trying to collect each and every one of them.

Follow up request to the above: Display boards/cases for pins and brooches.
"You hear the Woses, the Wild Men of the Woods... Remnants of an older time they be, living few and secretly, wild and wary as beasts."
Ravager

Post by Ravager »

Heh, a couple of things for here. First, pies, meat or fruit ones. You can make crusts, but there's no reason to make them until you can make pies.

Second, metal armor would be cool, even though I don't use armor really.

Lastly, a few things I thought of for locksmiths. A couple of locksmith items. Putty for the metal slide traps with like 100 uses or something. No putty, you can't disarm that trap. Narrow/small needle-nose pliers. Again, you don't have them, you can't disarm the needle traps. They could also be craftable by blacksmiths, something that locksmiths would always need, so repeat customers. Finally for locksmiths, a Master Locksmith ability. Only available to locksmiths with a *really* high locksmithing skill, and it could knock down roundtimes around all the locksmithing activities. Minus 1 second when you stick the pick in to feel the mechanism, and 2 seconds when checking for traps, disarming and picking the lock maybe?

Oh yeah, and definitely horse decorations! My character wants bows, and ribbons, and fancy soft blankets!
Staz

Post by Staz »

So many trees. Coconut, lacquer, cork, cinnamon, rubber, mahogany, fruit trees (especially blooming cherry trees), weeping willows, baobab trees, magnolias, blackwoods... I could go on for hours.

Trees provide a lot of personality to an area and information about the climate and the kinds of plants/animals also found there. Rare and unique trees like blackwoods and baobabs can reward the wandering explorer who chooses to stray further into the unknown. Aside from harvesting them for wood, trees can provide food, flowers, bark, and fibers from leaves depending on the tree. Some could contribute to new items like lacquer/paint, coconut bowls, crude rubber, various resins/saps, etc.

And now that wood type can give more personality to constructed objects, it would be great to have more options, especially more dark options like mahogany, ebony, or wenge wood trees.

Enormous, ancient trees like redwoods or baobabs might be climbable, allowing climbers to discover all manner of things from great views, fresh fruits/nuts, tree-dwelling creatures, the secret treehouse of a strange druid recluse, the scouting platform local bandits have been using to target wagons, all sorts of stuff.

The trees and plants in this game are already awesome so anything that gets added is just icing on the cake, but my favorite thing about exploring the world is how alive it feels.