Wishlist Ideas You Want to See

Have a new general feature to suggest, or think one should be tweaked? Share your ideas here.
Teri

wish: Deadfall trees/trees falling

Post by Teri »

I wish for some trees to randomly fall over during storms/weather events. Not enough to clog the wilderness, but something where it is evident the tree died or fell to something apart from an axe. Bonus if it can possibly land on characters present if it happens. (Dramatic lightning strikes, wind gusts with cracks happening on trees.)
Oh no, looks like I might die as I have lived. In the wrong place at the wrong time
notgreg

Re: Wishlist Ideas You Want to See

Post by notgreg »

I would like to be able to frame things!

Maybe they could be craftable? They could work kind of like labels where they just append to the item description, maybe, so that you can have 'A yellowed parchment in an austere spruce frame' or 'An 8,000 riln Shadgard Mining Co. promissory note in a garish brass frame' or whatever.
silly

Post by silly »

I'd like to be able to yell at other people on nearby farms when I'm at mine! :D
Using your hands, you work at washing a wash basin at a wash basin.
A wash basin is now clean.
Teri

Wish of construction, tracking and riding to train climbing

Post by Teri »

More ways to train climbing overall. I'd love if tracking and doing construction and some other things added to it a bit. Even getting back onto our horses to even out some of the training gaps even if a small amount of training alongside other daily things our characters do. I also think about construction projects might have someone climbing about as they build things.
Oh no, looks like I might die as I have lived. In the wrong place at the wrong time
Delphine

Post by Delphine »

I'm sure this has been suggested somewhere, in some fashion, before but I'm just going to suggest it again:

Player-written books. I'd love a way for these to be codedly added to the world and be available for purchase so that those of us writing them don't have to go through the whole song and dance of offering to manually make one for every person who wants a copy. Maybe the bookstores in Shadgard and Mistral Lake could get an extra room where these books are sold? The idea being these would be books there were submitted and approved by the GMs as adding to the game world/lore in some way and not just meeting minutes or what-have-you.
You think to yourself, "I am surrounded by idiots and petulant children."

You experience a sudden flash of insight, as though you have an increased understanding of who you are.
notgreg

Post by notgreg »

Delphine wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 7:54 pm I'm sure this has been suggested somewhere, in some fashion, before but I'm just going to suggest it again:

Player-written books. I'd love a way for these to be codedly added to the world and be available for purchase so that those of us writing them don't have to go through the whole song and dance of offering to manually make one for every person who wants a copy. Maybe the bookstores in Shadgard and Mistral Lake could get an extra room where these books are sold? The idea being these would be books there were submitted and approved by the GMs as adding to the game world/lore in some way and not just meeting minutes or what-have-you.
I love this and would like to add the suggestion for scholars to be able to SCRIBE a book or document to create a copy.
Squeak

Post by Squeak »

Rias wrote:I've been very busy with the pesky real world but wanted to say I'm excited to have our first player submitted book in the Library! Now that I've figured out how I want such things to be presented, I just need a streamlined submission and review system. Hope we get a lot more player content in there.
Per Rias, from #game chat on discord ah ... awhile back. Looking forward to it, myself!
Jilliana

Post by Jilliana »

I'd love to have the opportunity to rent a mount. Someone suggested it previously, and this is my total +1.

I think it would be wonderful to be able to put damaged skewers in a campfire.

I think having orchards would be wonderful. Apple, peach, some made up fruit/veg would be even better.
(Rias says, "Happiness is accepting your past as part of who you are.")
Squeak

Post by Squeak »

Not sure if this has been poster in any capacity (a quick search didn't reveal much), but I'd love it if tailors could deconstruct clothing into base cloth with a pair of scissors. The higher the skill, the better return -- up to say, 70%, rounded down.

So, a cloak that takes 20 pcs of cloth (I have no idea if that's accurate, just a number) can be CUT into pieces. At the current max of 400, you'd see 14 pcs of cloth returned with the slight chance for a buckle/button or two. At 300 skill, 50% return with a low chance of a buckle/button. 200, 30% an no accessories. 100, 15% return with a chance to completely destroy the item. Or, make it roll based - tailoring skill vs. clothing item/material difficulty (i.e a silk shirt, due to the fragile nature of the material has a higher "defense" than say a wool shirt. A <insert hard to sew item here> of ... canvas will have a higher difficulty to shred due to the complexity of the item. And, if someone made a silk <insert item from previous example>, it has an incredibly high defense (comparatively)) with a chance to completely destroy the item no matter the skill level.

Just a thought.
Squeak

Post by Squeak »

Double post \o/

I'd love if a furniture merchant would swing by some day.

Provide all of those desks, escritoires, bookshelves, figurine display cases, weapon racks/stands, vanity tables w/ mirrors, loveseats, fainting couches, thrones, chairs, custom lamps, et cetera, et cetera so those of us with OCD can make sure everything is organized JUST RIGHT.

Just a thought!