Wishlist Ideas You Want to See

Have a new general feature to suggest, or think one should be tweaked? Share your ideas here.
Frisbee

Re: Wishlist Ideas You Want to See

Post by Frisbee »

It would be neat if characters with the intuition attribute got more consistent and accurate results when using the weigh command.
Stop putting watermellons into the first thing you see that looks like it can hold a watermellon. It is most rude, because you'll only make them feel like they don't belong.
Squeak

Post by Squeak »

Frisbee wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 2:15 am It would be neat if characters with the intuition attribute got more consistent and accurate results when using the weigh command.
Omg. Yes, please!
Taliaferro

Post by Taliaferro »

We have GOT to get a much more generous limit to the POSE command. Please. I beg you. I am a suppliant at your feet.

Seriously, I've tried to use it so many times. I know we don't want it to take up several lines of space. But nine out of ten times that I've tried to write a pose, I've just given up because I can't describe what my dude is doing with such a parsimonious character limit.

That is all!
Serity

Post by Serity »

[Adjust Gear: Loot] for the treasure hunter class (not rogues): reduction in weight of carried riln and lockboxes when in a worn container.

Might be a little difficult given Travel's specifically for worn stuff and I'm not sure the game will take super well to recalculating contents of things in containers (especially given how jank putting in/taking things out still is with the encumbrance system), but I thought it'd be a neat exclusive perk for them.
Alicron

Post by Alicron »

One thing that I am really looking forward to would be some additions to blacksmithing. We recently received a boon in the way of plate armor which is greatly appreciated. However, when the fates decree it to be so, I would really like to see the addition of chain and metal splint armor. Having a less heavy armor type to craft would go a long way. Might I also ask that greathelms be added as a craftable option. I have seen a player that wears one and I keep asking him where he got it, but he won't tell me.
Serity

Re: Wishlist Ideas You Want to See - Artifice vs. Witnesses

Post by Serity »

Something in the steal parameters I'm a little question-marky about.
Room crowd, including both PC and NPC (larger crowds are better)
It's been my experience that when a steal attempt is made, the Artifice(?) roll is rerolled against perception for every witness in the room. For example, I might get a roll of 300 artifice against an NPC with 100 perception max - so it cannot possibly roll over 200, so I'm in the clear - but another identical NPC in the room, with the same perception, spots me stealing and attacks me.

This suggests to me that the more PCs and NPCs in the room there are, the worse it'll be - you have more chances at rolls to end up really low, and all it takes is one low roll and you're outed to someone in the room. I do understand that bigger crowds likely contribute to improved offense (unsure if die sides or rerolls), but I would think it's not worth the risk given you're doubling, tripling, etc. your chances to be spotted, even though it's supposed to be easier to steal in a crowd.

To that end, I'd tentatively suggest the following change: When the potential thief rolls Artifice against the mark, store their offensive roll. Use this offensive roll as a Challenge (like climbing or flipping) that potential witnesses roll perception against, rather than having the thief re-roll each time. The thief is only performing a single action, after all. This way, absolutely botching a theft attempt (a very poor Artifice roll) will make everyone notice you, but an exceptionally good steal (scoring really high on an Artifice roll) is far more likely to let you get away unnoticed by the crowd. Same for planting, too, in the case of PCs.

I'm not married to this idea, but it just feels very odd and dissatisfying to roll very high and still get attacked anyways.

edit: This was added! Thanks Rias <3
Last edited by Serity on Thu Nov 02, 2023 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Teyarflow

Post by Teyarflow »

Horse rentals. It was a real thing back in the day, and you could even have someone come with you if your destination was out of the way so they could ride the horse back once you were there.
Volinn

Post by Volinn »

The ability to drag a willing participant (let them have the option to accept it or not) to other rooms.

Semi-related: the ability to type 'fall' in order to fall over instead of just laying down. For the dramatics mid-scene when called for.
Gorth

Post by Gorth »

Flintlock sword. Very serious, must be put in now.
:undm_scales_key: :shagerd:
Proud owner of the ten thousandth post.
mourningstar

Post by mourningstar »

Gauntlets getting a buff from Improvised Weapon Mastery, the marauder ability, so that I can be dirty-fighting Captain Lost Lands.