Artus' official Coggpack, soundpack for Mushclient

Discussion of MUD clients, plugins, the website, and other technical stuff.
artus

Re: Artus' official Coggpack, soundpack for Mushclient

Post by artus »

For those who downloaded and got plugin errors or encounter inventory sounds not working, sorry for the inconvenience. I fixed it. Those of you who don't want to download can copy the contents, copy, not cut, from worlds/cogg/inventory/1 to the main inventory folder. Sorry again guys.
motalumo

Post by motalumo »

OMG Artis you're amazing! This pack is awesome! As an aside, I wish I'd started playing sooner. I thought Cogg was gonna be a space-themed MUD. But this is just what I needed! I've just gotten started, and am Anwar on IC, Motalumo OOC.
artus

Post by artus »

Hey folks
As stated in a thank you topic in the general socializing room, I'm going to be off, or at least semi-off for a while. But before that, I'd like to make sure you guys get the latest pack update in case I happen to be away longer than intended.
I apologize that this update is mush smaller than the last, and much smaller than I originally meant to make it be, and please Note that due to my abrupt decision to be absent, this update hasn't been through testing, so there may be bugs. Away as I say I'll be, any of you can always reach out to me anytime if an insect makes its way to the pack. I'm happy to log in to help fix. Strings and suggestions are welcomed as always. I'm still not far from any of you, hopefully.

Changelog
V.0.03 Antibloat+quality of life changes
- Changed the tell and bbs sounds. This one's a convenience on my end as a multimudder. It overlapses with the other mud I play and I confused which mud the sounds came from. I wish to illiminate old sounds used in this pack from that mud anyway.
- Changed some sounds to more juicy versions.
- Reworked climb sounds to match the new system.
- Rework stagger/stun sounds. There may be something wrong or missing here as I don't have all of the strings yet.
- Terrain sounds for room flags with ice. Snow mountain ambience dream comes true, yay!
- Autofishing script that allows you to respear/recast when you mess up and stow the fish in a container after. Not intended for complete automation, only for ease in those who have to fish a lot for lizards or something and keep failing to catch stuff.
- Other sounds, as usual.
- Updated my contact information for those wishing to keep in touch ooc.

Link's in the first post of this topic, or help soundpack in game. Thank yall for being a huge source of courage and warmth throughout, and sorry for being slow. It may probably progress even slower from now until I can get stuff under control again, but I'll try to get a bigger, better update going next time.

Love
Arty
artus

Post by artus »

Hey folks!
It's the rolling Chariot again, back on the move somehow, as you see. Things are rolling along and the pack is...not out yet, but there's a major beta I'd like you to try out before I make it an official release. I'd like feedbacks for this particular version possibly more than anything else because it concerns your life and death situations, the hostile encounters and hazards and everything else along that line.
Since it's not yet an official version, it's not the same link as the one in the help file and I only release a standalone version solely for testing. If this passes though, it'll be in the main link and the dependent pack will be updated as well. Changelog is kinda long and I don't want to copy paste it anyway unless it's an official version. It's in the pack itself though. I hope you at least like the quality of life changes I've made here.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/u1wewygs ... bu851&dl=1
artus

Post by artus »

And the resounding cheers can be heard throughout lost lands as the Chariot, drawn by a hefty soundpacker, rolls in full speed to deliver fun and happiness to those who await!
Alright I'm silly. Anyway, I'm back and not just back for the sake of dropping public beta test. I'm back to deliver an actual update this time. As of the latest version, which I somehow am surprised people often missed, I'll be pasting both the changelog of 0.03 and 0.04 at once so you guys who missed the very small 0.03 know what's been changed. I tell you, it's huge. I didn't promise for a small return when I left last time, did I?:)

v.0.4 the return
- Added movegag for those who don't prefer seeing "you head east" or whatever. It's off by default.
- Fixed a bit of the volume stuff. Volume macros should work properly now.
- Added hazard and hostile encounter sounds.
- Added soundpack message at the log in screen to make it easier for people new to the pack and remind those who rarely check the pack files. Note that this is a client side message, not server side, so I should be the one contacted if pack side problems occur, not the gm team.
- Finally and hopefully got Rias to fix the infamous "too many commands" bug when you go afk for extended period. Special thanks to Ulias for helping out with this one in his extensive report along side others. Thank you, really. I've been trying forever to fix this particular bug.
- 0 damage sound should be something else instead of the usual damage sound.
- More ambience flags are supported.
- Autocrush should work with pine cones now.
- Reworked some profession sounds.
- Fixed certain stuff not working as intended after the introduction of echo.
- Adjusted music, again.
- Fixed certain ambience not working properly.
- Add vdefault alias for those who wish to set every single volume in the pack to the default value.
- Added coggpack command for ease of use. Changelog and other files can be accessed from here. Type coggpack or coggpack help to see the list of valid commands. The pack also informs you at log in.
- Autocarving should work with stonework items now.
- Added the much requested autocook script. Check autoscript for more information.
- Updated my contact info in autoscript to match the ones in read me. Read me is more detailed though.

V.0.03 Antibloat+quality of life changes
- Changed the tell and bbs sounds. This one's a convenience on my end as a multimudder. It overlapses with the other mud I play and I confused which mud the sounds came from. I wish to illiminate old sounds used in this pack from that mud anyway.
- Changed some sounds to more juicy versions.
- Reworked climb sounds to match the new system.
- Rework stagger/stun sounds. There may be something wrong or missing here as I don't have all of the strings yet.
- Terrain sounds for room flags with ice. Snow mountain ambience dream comes true, yay!
- Autofishing script that allows you to respear/recast when you mess up and stow the fish in a container after. Not intended for complete automation, only for ease in those who have to fish a lot for lizards or something and keep failing to catch stuff.
- Other sounds, as usual.
- Updated my contact information for those wishing to keep in touch ooc.

Same links, in the first post of this topic as well as help soundpack, as usual. Thank you for being awesome, folks. See you in the next, hopefully juicier update.:)
artus

Post by artus »

Um, if anyone got the pack from a while back and wonder why movegag doesn't work, it was my fault. I forgot to add an alias for it. Fixed now in the main files. If you've already downloaded it and don't feel like grabbing the pack again just for movegag, you can send me a tell and I'll send you the finished world file. Sorry guys.
Serity

Re: Artus' official Coggpack, soundpack for Mushclient - Called Weakness erroneous sfx

Post by Serity »

The new Called Weakness ability sends this output to party members:
You pick up on some of the information and are able to exploit some of the defensive flaws!
This triggers the item pickup sound effect.