Apologies for lack of presence, excited to move forward!

If the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, discuss it here.
Rias
DEV

Apologies for lack of presence, excited to move forward!

Post by Rias »

Howdy folks,

I felt I should make an apology for my recent lessened presence and responsiveness. Between weird technical issues and a massive pivot of focus and projects at my job for the past several months now, I just haven't had as much attention and steam avilable as I'd have liked for COGG. I've even been scarce on the BBS, which is something I consider a failing; I should keep in better communication with the playerbase. I know some things have really dragged like the release of Mistral, the Lyra storyline, and the Cadfael storyline, to say nothing of more personal individual PC stories/arcs. My apologies to those constantly kept waiting, and my thanks for everyone's patience during what has been a very significant lull period. I've been impressed with the ability of so many people to create their own stories and RP during the lull, but I wanted to reassure everyone that I don't want COGG to be a game where it's all on the players - I want the world and its NPCs to be doing things too, and reacting to the actions of players so that the players feel they can have a meaningful impact on the world.

The good news is that I believe my work life has become fairly settled again (and thus my own sanity levels), so I'm excited to start building up momentum again! I've already had a good few little NPC interactions with PCs. Doing stuff like that is so enjoyable and so rejuvenating for my passion for this project and you all. I can't say everything mentioned above is going to be wrapped up in immediately short order, but I'm finally feeling ready to jump fully back in again.

My sincerest thanks go out to everyone who plays this game and shows interest in it and its world! I have difficulty expressing how much that means to me, but it really is awesome.

-Rias
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO
Firesong

Re: Apologies for lack of presence, excited to move forward!

Post by Firesong »

I appreciate you saying so. I just definitely want to say that having been through some pretty big life changes in the past few years, I'm with you, and I get it. I look forward to resettled Rias's schemes. Can't wait.
Navi

Post by Navi »

Cheers! I haven't been able to participate in many of the mentioned plots, so maybe I'll be able to hop in on the future ones. Nevertheless, the player base makes playing always interesting, and hearing about things second hand is a really neat aspect. Glad things are settled.
wander without wanting, thrust into lands unknown. the shadows shift and change, and the worlds with them.
I'm not a soldier but I'm fighting
Can you hear me through the silence?
I won't give up 'cause there will be a day
We'll meet again
darkangel

Post by darkangel »

its wonderful to know that things have settled down for you in real life. :) also looking forward to knew interactions!