Lexi

Share about your character, or get help brainstorming a concept, skill setup, backstory ... all that fun stuff!
Vaelin

Lexi

Post by Vaelin »

Posting this for Darkangel and in regards to her character Alexis or Lexi

Lexi
When a friend and I had the idea to create characters who were twins, it started off as a throwaway idea. But, as rp lead to wonderfully memorable interactions, the characters grew on us more than either of us had expected. It’s been nearly 2 days since Alexis’s death, and those days couldn’t have been more painful.
For me, creating Lexi was a foray into the unknown, with the looming possibility of not being able to do proper justice to a bubbly and outgoing character. Despite my trepidations playing lexi for the past couple weeks has been the most fun I’ve had, and abruptly losing her has felt like losing a piece of myself. I still can’t stop the tears as I type this, but for all the people who helped both Lexi and I grow, Thank you. Thank you so so much for the wonderful interactions. Second, I would like to share a story that was a collaborative effort by both Vaelin – (Alexei’s player) and I.

“1. 2. 3.” The woman mentally counted as she eyed a pendant attached to a delicate gold chain, The faceted Star sapphire at the center of the piece glinting alluringly in the light. A piece that was just begging to be plucked out of its unlocked casing, the distracted merchant too occupied with a customer to notice the woman’s hand dart out, and neatly relieve him of the piece, a beaming smile, and a flash of a strawberry-blond ponytail the only sign of the thief who quickly lost herself in the crowd, with the irate merchant’s gaze burning a hole in the back of her head.
Try as she might, Alexis of the Fleet foot clan, affectionately known as Lexi couldn’t hold back her glee as she dashed between the villagers, who just shook their heads as they obligingly parted, noticing the woman’s clenched hand around what suspiciously looked like the pendant which had disappeared moments before her mad dash around the Winter Solstice festival grounds. Sides, any harm that could have befallen the woman was negated by the presence of the village blacksmith, her 7 foot frame and the casual manner in which she rested a hand on the haft of an impressively sturdy looking hammer.
“Alex, I got it!” Lexi panted, as she brandished the pendant, skidding to a stop in a relatively quiet part of the festival grounds, barely avoiding a head-on collision with her bemused twin.
“Hii, sis. What did you…” whatever Alexei was planning to say, he aborted that in favor of Incredulously staring at Alexis who for her part, looked as unrepentant as the cat that had gotten the cream.

“1...2...3” The man who looked nearly identical to the beaming young woman slowly exhaled, a little resigned but more amused than anything else. He stared at the golden jewelry she was showing him and chuckled.

“You know, when I mentioned that I was going to buy you that as a gift, I should have mentioned that I was going to pay for it first.” Alexei of clan Fleetfoot chuckled. “Still, I should go to the merchant now before he bursts a blood vessle.””
“I thought you paid for it already?”
“Nope, was trading the pelts I gathered first, you dolt.”
“Well,” Lexi cheerfully beamed. “At least he’ll end up happy with the payment, right?”
Alex stared at his sister. “I’m pretty sure he’ll have the grounds to charge me double for it.”
“Gwenny can help?” Lexi looked at him hopefully.
Alex shook his head. “Naah, I’ll talk to him.”

Squaring his shoulders, Alex moved through the crowds, bumping into people who were also busy moving and gawking at the wares displayed. Soon, he spotted the merchant by the angry noises coming from his direction.

As soon as the merchant spotted him, his chest expanded and bellowed. “Stop! Thief!”
“Hey,” Alex raised his empty hands. “I was actually here to buy something from you.”
Not missing an opportunity, the merchant smiled and asked, “So, what would it be?”
“Well…” Alex hesitated. “I wanted to buy that stolen locket.”
The merchant’s eyes narrowed. “So, you’re admitting that you’re the thief?”
Alex shook his head. “It’s not stealing if I’m paying it. And no, my sister just wanted to show it to me to buy it.”
The merchant frowned. “Well then.” Then he quoted a price.

What proceeded was an intense round of haggling where Alex gave as good as he got. The price was settled and Alex left with a significantly lighter purse. “Well, dad did say that the sign of a good compromise is when both sides are just slightly unhappy.”

“Ha, I win!” Lexi gleefully held out her palm, her look of smug satisfaction not wavering as an amused Alex passed her a small pile of riln. Getting that pendant had been easy, way too easy if you asked Lexi, though she would be the furthest to complain. The pendant had been the 99th piece in her collection of Dubiously acquired objects, which ranged from jewelry to other pieces, that shone in the light, turning the glass case they were kept in into a glittering rainbow. Far as Lexi was concerned, keeping her hands off something shiny was akin to asking her to not scratch a resistant itch.
(Insert appropriate smiley)