Berserker ability idea

Peerless warriors of varying types, from hulking armored dreadnoughts to stealthy light-footed nightblades.
Bonehead

Berserker ability idea

Post by Bonehead »

Had a thought for an ability that would allow Berserkers to gather up some fury before battle. Maybe they punch themselves in the face, stomp their feet, something that gets them riled up if they know they are about to get into the thick of it.

I'll leave the specifics and timing/duration of all that to people much more mechanically minded then I am. Just a thought!
Wut?
Lexx416

Re: Berserker ability idea

Post by Lexx416 »

I'm a fan of this. Something like a berserker unique CHANNEL ability (so, similar to footpad or adrenaline rush) where they either get a burst of fury (10 or so), or start building up fury rapidly over time during the duration. A nice added bonus might be offensive rerolls (1 or 2) while under the effect of this ability during combat - so that it still has a bit of usability in the middle of a fight instead of just as an opening (or a quick fury injection).
"You hear the Woses, the Wild Men of the Woods... Remnants of an older time they be, living few and secretly, wild and wary as beasts."
Marcuson

Re: Berserker ability idea

Post by Marcuson »

Might be interesting if Berserkers could exchange some sanity for fury. Go into martial trances, expose themselves to mood-altering substances, paint their faces. Something like that.

Separately, I'm fond of the idea, mentioned in the other thread, that fury allows the Berserker some additional resistance against mind-affecting powers.