Towns and outposts cracking down on unattended horses

Discussion of the various minor outposts out there.
Rias
DEV

Towns and outposts cracking down on unattended horses

Post by Rias »

Tired of walking through manure-filled streets, the various towns and outposts of the Lost Lands have taken to having occasional sweeps for long-unattended horses to be taken and properly stabled. This service, being joyfully embraced by the general public of all outposts, will incur a small fee that the dodgy mount owners must pay in order to retrieve their horses. Rumor has it that this effort was spearheaded by a coalition of grumpy stablemasters who felt they were being taken advantage of by people who would bring their horses into the stables and just leave them in the waiting area without settling payment for proper stabling.

==========

Sorry folks, no more just leaving your mount in the stables without actually stabling it! Or anywhere around most towns and outposts, really. Certain spots will allow a bit longer time for horses to linger before they're led to a stables, like outside inns, but don't leave them out there for hours or off they go to the stables and you get a fine!
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO
Navi

Re: Towns and outposts cracking down on unattended horses

Post by Navi »

If this sort of behavior continues, we'll have to send the message another way. Flaming manure to the face should do it.
wander without wanting, thrust into lands unknown. the shadows shift and change, and the worlds with them.
I'm not a soldier but I'm fighting
Can you hear me through the silence?
I won't give up 'cause there will be a day
We'll meet again
Frisbee

Post by Frisbee »

Speaking of horses. I've always thought it a little odd that people could just randomly walk into the Shadgard bank with their mounts. I get that there is a huge archway leading into it, so their height shouldn't be a problem, but shouldn't there be, like, some sort of guard telling them 'no mounts allowed in the bank?' Just a thought. Unless they're intentionally allowed in.
Stop putting watermellons into the first thing you see that looks like it can hold a watermellon. It is most rude, because you'll only make them feel like they don't belong.
Teri

Post by Teri »

The bank is the common spot to store handcarts, so I always figured for hitching and unhitching purposes it was the aim.
Oh no, looks like I might die as I have lived. In the wrong place at the wrong time