Dylan

Give your fellow roleplayers some kudos.
Talyn

Dylan

Post by Talyn »

So, I wanted to write this as a Shout-out to the character Dylan. Please, please keep ooc and ic separate. I surely do, Baako might be a jerk in-game, but I am not or at the very least try not to be. Dylan was one a very, -very- unique character seeing how he played on "hard mode" and man did you play it well. Dylan had fears, Dylan had goals, and Dylan felt mortal when interacting with him. I greatly respect the character and so does Baako. I know you're going to have someone just as interesting as an alt so this isn't fair well but, Dylan will be missed, and his death will hit a very big highlight to a character I hope. I can't force players/characters to think, nor do I want to, but, seeing how we just had a pretty big character perish and not return perhaps death might cross our minds more. I enjoyed Dylan poking at Baako, pushing him in some cases to the point it felt Baako might remove his head, but I also greatly appreciate all the RP he build around Shadgard with the Union, and working heavily with Hoss in the Farming stuff. He tried to let folks know that we can be normal and that's okay, at least that was the vibe I got from him. Anyways, I won't rant on more. R.I.P to that character but man, just know you shook the game with this, and that's some major impact. Keep up the amazing RP and look forward to seeing what comes next.
I'm Not Accepting Surrenders At This Time. I Want You To Know Failure, Utter Defeat, And That It Is I Who Delivers It Crashing Down Upon You.
-NotRias
Frisbee

Re: Dylan

Post by Frisbee »

Absolutely agreed. Though my character didn't get a chance to get close to Dylan, we both appreciated him and his efforts to make Shadgard a better and safer place, together with Hoss and Roen and of course Florenza, and all the others. He was kind but firm when it came to upholding his ideals, and he did feel like a normal, genuine, vulnerable individual. Of course it's impressive that he lasted this long, so congratulations on that front, too.

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with, in future. Thank you for giving the community all that you have through this amazing character.
Stop putting watermellons into the first thing you see that looks like it can hold a watermellon. It is most rude, because you'll only make them feel like they don't belong.
Navi

Post by Navi »

Legendary
wander without wanting, thrust into lands unknown. the shadows shift and change, and the worlds with them.
I'm not a soldier but I'm fighting
Can you hear me through the silence?
I won't give up 'cause there will be a day
We'll meet again
Serity

Post by Serity »

Faye didn't really like Dylan (and doesn't know this has happened, yet) but from what little she interacted with him, he seemed very genuine and had peoples' best interests at heart, and so she did at least respect him on account of that. And he was a real good blacksmith, too. Shadgard's going to be a little lonelier without him.
Pendulum

Post by Pendulum »

I didn't see this coming.

Dylan will be missed, he helped my character out a lot when he started out in COGG
It's not hard to make decisions when you know what your values are.
- Roy E. Disney
saladbowl

Post by saladbowl »

Beat me to it, darn you!!

What a fantastic character. Dylan's impact on Shadgard as a whole cannot be understated, from smaller things like helping newcomers with handcarts, to large projects like the Union and much more. To my knowledge he was solely responsible for the docked sloop's repair.

I remember how our characters first met, from mistaking him for Hoss in the bank. All the laughs and lows, the awkward stretches and pep-talks. The late-night discussions. If you've ever noticed my character using some southern idioms, that's all Dylan. Hope Marcuson's next character comes in two shakes of a lamb's tail, because you're guaranteed some A+ writing.
Dennis

Post by Dennis »

Dylan! What an iconic character. He really left a lasting mark and we will feel the reverberations of this loss throughout the coming weeks and months. here is to a wonderfully played character.

I hope he gets lots of sunset points for his next adventure.
"Always remember that we are a community before anything else. Before being a 'game' or a 'world' we are a bunch of folk who get together to have fun."
Bonehead

Post by Bonehead »

A legend has passed. What more can I say about Dylan? He helped get the Association off the ground. So many great RP moments. He'll always be remembered, and I already know that another character will leave an impact just as great is waiting on the wings!
Wut?
HeckTurtle

Post by HeckTurtle »

Dylan has had a huge impact not only on my character, but also evidently a lot of characters.

When I first started playing as Florenza, it was my second time (or maybe third??) trying to get into COGG, but I was struggling a bit with it because I didn't know anyone and had an odd aversion to asking for help. I probably would've given up again if Dylan hadn't befriended Florenza and gave me a reason to keep trying to figure out what the heck I was doing. Since then, he's continually had a heavy influence on her as a character. She's developed in so many more interesting ways than I ever expected her to with a lot of thanks to him.

It's been a lot of fun.
Teri

Post by Teri »

I loved Dylan calling things as he sees it or calling people dumbasses on the network whether with those words or his common sense. You and your character were the reason I started playing Cogg and I'm thankful for the memories, character talks, moments of facepalming and humor with Dylan. It was great to see how he developed and changed, from farmer to warrior, and how some of his views shifted over time. A pleasure to story craft with, in the lost lands.
Oh no, looks like I might die as I have lived. In the wrong place at the wrong time