In-Game OOC Titles and Achievements Channel

Have a new general feature to suggest, or think one should be tweaked? Share your ideas here.
artus

Re: In-Game OOC Titles and Achievements Channel

Post by artus »

I like the idea, but it may make #who long and messy given it's 3 by 3 instead of one name one line.. Titles showing up on question or login/logout would be lovely though, but not on the who command.
Gorth

Post by Gorth »

artus wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 2:51 pm I like the idea, but it may make #who long and messy given it's 3 by 3 instead of one name one line.. Titles showing up on question or login/logout would be lovely though, but not on the who command.
I mean, as long as the names are spaced out like they would be in a textual table, no, there'd be no issue. If someone was actually seriously trying to read the WHO list with a screen reader, I fele like they'd just go word by word in the ouput anyway, in which case they can probably use there logic, or if they can't tell if one word is part of the next one as a name or not, they just press right arrow twice on the previous word and if they hear space twice they know it's seperate.
:undm_scales_key: :shagerd:
Proud owner of the ten thousandth post.
Navi

Post by Navi »

It's a valid concern. My suggestion would to have two commands for who, 'who' and 'who short' who displays titles, and who short displays just the usernames. Otherwise, you could add @ symbols in front of the usernames for clients that have colors turned off and just highlight the username for those who don't. HTH
wander without wanting, thrust into lands unknown. the shadows shift and change, and the worlds with them.
I'm not a soldier but I'm fighting
Can you hear me through the silence?
I won't give up 'cause there will be a day
We'll meet again
Navi

Post by Navi »

A small request for mentors. When we're on duty it does not display anywhere other than the initial messaging that we're on duty. If it could be added to the who list next to our username, it would be a welcome change.
wander without wanting, thrust into lands unknown. the shadows shift and change, and the worlds with them.
I'm not a soldier but I'm fighting
Can you hear me through the silence?
I won't give up 'cause there will be a day
We'll meet again
artus

Post by artus »

It's more messy though if say, who list shows as spaced out table is it is now but then with long title text in. There may be people who have relatively short instant output buffer and have to scroll to their output log window to read it in full. I'm not sure how much who list can fit. It's just a cluttered possibility.
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

It's echoing the announcement to the out-of-game #GAME channels now. For the who list, I was considering just having a WHO TITLES command show the list with titles included. People who enjoy it can alias WHO to WHO TITLES. Still a bit sad that they won't be as visible that way though, so I'm still trying to figure out a good way to potentially have them go on their own line if the title's a longer one. Then maybe it'd work better as the default behavior.
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO
Delphine

Post by Delphine »

I like the idea of them showing on login/out so we can appreciate them without mutilating the base who list! (I'm all for who titles, too, though!)
You think to yourself, "I am surrounded by idiots and petulant children."

You experience a sudden flash of insight, as though you have an increased understanding of who you are.
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

Yeah, the new variable-width columns thing I pushed was not liking color coding so it was looking wonky. I've restored the original WHO output, and now WHO TITLES will show the list including titles and variable-width columns, but no color.
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO
Gorth

Post by Gorth »

I was rather sad to see that title set do not stay with you upon logout.
:undm_scales_key: :shagerd:
Proud owner of the ten thousandth post.