Drip Irrigation

Have a new general feature to suggest, or think one should be tweaked? Share your ideas here.
Irylia

Drip Irrigation

Post by Irylia »

I'll preface this by saying this might be too modern for the setting, but since Shadgard is all fancy and has pipes going all over the place for water and heat and such, I thought it might be a neat town project to hook up a water line to the farm road and then allow players to hire those with construction skill to install drip irrigation on their farms.

Parts would include:
1x valve to control water on/off
1x pressure regulator to control rate of flow
1x screen/mesh filter to prevent clogs
1x backflow preventer to keep water flowing 1-way only
#x dripline pipe/tubing which are the actual pipes. Number might vary by size of farm.
#x emitters. Dripline attachments that actually allow the water to flow out of the pipe. Probably a set number per section of dripline.
1x endcap to keep water from being lost out the other end

How it would work:

Town event to install the initial pipework to the farming office.
Office charges a fee added onto your farm rent to allow access to the main pipeline.
Blacksmiths create the parts out of metal.
Builder/Construction-skilled player then installs the parts by digging trenches and laying the piping under pre-cleared land. (Piping is assumed to connect to the farming office automatically from the player's rented farmland.)
Instead of needing to water the plants using a well and bucket system, players can not worry about it at all. Water flow is controlled in the farming office.
Players choose whether to pay for the service or not in their weekly rental contract only if the system is already installed. So even if it's installed, the added fee is optional if they want to downsize or manually water.
Navi

Re: Drip Irrigation

Post by Navi »

I don't farm. I do enjoy community projects though! If this gets put in, could we have some dig sites for normal everyday Joes to help contribute?
wander without wanting, thrust into lands unknown. the shadows shift and change, and the worlds with them.
I'm not a soldier but I'm fighting
Can you hear me through the silence?
I won't give up 'cause there will be a day
We'll meet again