Jester Gods?

Discussion of religion and the Immortals.
Onasaki

Jester Gods?

Post by Onasaki »

So, this has come up a few times in various conversations. Sometimes over the old Game channel (which I don't access anymore since it's strictly Discord now), and sometimes things I've read in VC logs. And I was wondering if this guy is going to be an immortal added to the game, or if he's just not relevant in this timeline.

If he is relevant, is there any actual lore floating around? (Yes or no is all I'm asking for here.)

How would one contact this guy, or worship him, her, them?

What sort of god is he, she, them? Snippets I've gathered, said he's like a trickster deity. Or spirit. Is this the consensus? Is this guy related to the madness domain at all?

I understand some questions probably can't be answered here, but I have no other means to ask them.
I have two forces by my side,
One's the truth and one's a lie,
Which one's which I cannot tell,
This enigma is my hell.

Baako leads you over to the grass to graze.
Rias
DEV

Re: Jester Gods?

Post by Rias »

I'll be honest: "Ujiak the Jester" was originally a joke. (Read the name backwards.)

But as people talked about it like it might be a real thing, the idea took root, and now it's this whole thing I've had fun putting into the world and its history. They'll have a different non-joke name, and they won't be about chaos/madness for chaos/madness' sake because I find that to be a bit too one-dimensional to make for an interesting Immortal. But uh ... yeah, just give me a minute or 600.
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO
Navi

Post by Navi »

I'm beyond joyful right now. I've been requesting/expecting this since yee oldin days of CLOK VC
wander without wanting, thrust into lands unknown. the shadows shift and change, and the worlds with them.
I'm not a soldier but I'm fighting
Can you hear me through the silence?
I won't give up 'cause there will be a day
We'll meet again
Onasaki

Post by Onasaki »

On the topic of the Jester god. I've been thinking of a few things this could represent. So far I feel like we don't have a god of creativity, luck, or drugs. Specifically. All three of these things fit any kind of Jester god, especially if you want it to have some kind of purpose. Though, it doesn't exactly feel like a dark god, unless the drugs were a big part that stifles or promotes creativity and luck.
I have two forces by my side,
One's the truth and one's a lie,
Which one's which I cannot tell,
This enigma is my hell.

Baako leads you over to the grass to graze.