'Accept/reject treatment' for therapy

Have a new general feature to suggest, or think one should be tweaked? Share your ideas here.
tulpa

'Accept/reject treatment' for therapy

Post by tulpa »

Pretty minor thing that has been discussed in VCs before, but I thought I'd put it here. I'd like to see the option to reject therapy treatments in the same way we can reject treatment of physical wounds.

I find it jarring in RP encounters when players use them spontaneously, whether to balance out a commercial exchange or because they think it fits the conversation arc somehow. Doubtless this is with the best of intentions, but I can't help but think if someone did it to me irl without my express consent I'd be pretty cross.

There is also the possibility that players won't necessarily appreciate the increased exp consumption for pacing reasons, but that case is admittedly less compelling for me because of the existence of RPAs.

Edit: Being able to reject therapy could make for some interesting scenarios. "I'm not crazy, YOU'RE crazy!", etc.
Gorth

Re: 'Accept/reject treatment' for therapy

Post by Gorth »

When we have duplicated topics saying basically the same thing, it's nice to have it circular so people in the future have more things to look at pertaining to the topic, so here is my post in another post about this post: viewtopic.php?p=7782#p7782
:undm_scales_key: :shagerd:
Proud owner of the ten thousandth post.