[ability disable/enable] toggle

Have a new general feature to suggest, or think one should be tweaked? Share your ideas here.
Serity

[ability disable/enable] toggle

Post by Serity »

Many a situation has come up where two people would like to do a friendly sparring match, give RP combat lessons, or otherwise attack each other for some non-hostile reason. It gets to be rather awkward though, both mechanically and roleplay-wise, when a friendly "show me your strength" swing ends up getting counter-attacked by punches or reflexively tumbled out of the way and the game will just refuse to allow one player to hit another.

Hence a suggestion to add 'disable' and 'enable' as parameters to the 'ability' command, with an optional third parameter of 'all' to just quickly disable or enable all abilities that your character has.
Gorth

Re: [ability disable/enable] toggle

Post by Gorth »

I'm unsure if this actually matters anymore with the combat system revamp a while ago, but Flip in particular, if combat distance still exists, could be nice to toggle off if you don't want to break target on you. More applicable if the game had an Aggro tanking concept.
:undm_scales_key: :shagerd:
Proud owner of the ten thousandth post.
Marcuson

Post by Marcuson »

It'd be nice if we could disable social flipping, or at least if there were a different command for social flipping as opposed to Flip Flank.
Delphine

Post by Delphine »

Serity wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:06 am Many a situation has come up where two people would like to do a friendly sparring match, give RP combat lessons, or otherwise attack each other for some non-hostile reason.
I'd honestly love a way to engage in "safe combat" for these situations. Like combat but you're not in danger of killing them. That will come in handy when Mistral Lake is in place and CvC is more a thing. Sometimes you just want to rough someone up without ruining their whole day by murderizing them.

But back on topic, yes. Being able to flag abilities as enabled or disabled would be useful!
You think to yourself, "I am surrounded by idiots and petulant children."

You experience a sudden flash of insight, as though you have an increased understanding of who you are.
Gorth

Post by Gorth »

Marcuson wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:57 am It'd be nice if we could disable social flipping, or at least if there were a different command for social flipping as opposed to Flip Flank.
As hilarious as it is for me to queue a flip and then the mob gets mortaled and then I crash to the ground cause my encumbrance is high...it totally wrecks my character concept of always paying attention in combat. I suppose it's mostly a fault of mine, but I know lots of people who do it, so I'm choosing to blaim the game.
:undm_scales_key: :shagerd:
Proud owner of the ten thousandth post.