Storytelling Night at the Liberry

Give your fellow roleplayers some kudos.
Taliaferro

Storytelling Night at the Liberry

Post by Taliaferro »

Thank you all so much for coming to our little event, last night. I hope everyone enjoyed it half as much as I did.

This is going to sound like the kind of thing you just say for the sake of saying it, but I really do mean it when I say that every single performance deserved the first prize. It was very, very difficult to judge!

Special thanks, too, to Avan's player, who planned and announced the thing on the IG boards, but wasn't able to attend.

We'll do another thing like this soon. I hope you'll all be back, and that even more people will come.

I'll get a log up on the boards real soon, unless someone beats me to it!
Frisbee

Re: Storytelling Night at the Liberry

Post by Frisbee »

It was an amazing idea. Thank you for organising much of it, and thanks to everyone who dropped by. I agree that every story/song deserved first prize. Glad I wasn't judging.
Stop putting watermellons into the first thing you see that looks like it can hold a watermellon. It is most rude, because you'll only make them feel like they don't belong.
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

We really need those logs! I was able to spy at the very very start before things really got going and then had to go do stuff in pesky reality, so I only got some periodic glances here and there. What I saw was great, and I look forward to seeing everyone's performance in full via the logs.
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO
Gorth

Post by Gorth »

I really, really wanted to show up, but couldn't think of anything original to perform...and also got super sick out of nowhere so missed it, so I'm excited for the logs!
:undm_scales_key: :shagerd:
Proud owner of the ten thousandth post.
artus

Post by artus »

That event made my day! You guys are awesome. Some chars really did things I didn't expect to see. It's a delight getting to know both you, the lore and the vibe of the community better. Love yall!
Delphine

Post by Delphine »

Everyone did such a great job! It was loads of fun and I'm definitely looking forward to the next one.

And a shout-out to Avan for that private performance of the story he probably would have been pressured into telling :lol: That was so awful. But thanks for the laugh!
You think to yourself, "I am surrounded by idiots and petulant children."

You experience a sudden flash of insight, as though you have an increased understanding of who you are.
Frisbee

The Logs, Part I

Post by Frisbee »

Okay, it's been some time. But here are the logs from that event. There was some mostly unrelated chatter before the first person arrived, but I decided to cut that out.

A couple of people sent corrections and stuff our way. I tried to clean up as much of the log as I could. I'm really sorry if there is stuff I missed. I say there's nothing wrong with a few typos, I know I make them constantly, but if you're particularly anxious about them and absolutely must have all of them corrected, let us know.

At any rate, I hope you enjoy. Thank you again all for coming.
Artus arrives from the east.
Lionel says, "It's done."
You say, "It's done. Don't mind it."
Cerise flashes a warm smile toward Artus.
Lionel smiles at Artus.
Lionel exclaims, "Sir!"
Artus strolls in casually, waves at people and finds a close corner to sit down.
You nod curtly.
Lionel exclaims, "Good evening!"
Artus smiles at Lionel.
Speaking to Lionel, Artus says, "Evenin."
Artus sits down.
Keleran arrives from the east.
Keleran nods in greeting.
Speaking to Artus, Cerise greets, "Good evening and welcome! I'm Cerise. Pleasure to make your acquaintance."
Lionel exclaims, "Just on time!"
Cerise flashes a warm smile Keleran's way.
Keleran smiles at Cerise.
Keleran says, "Good evening."
Lionel smiles at Keleran.
Speaking to Keleran, Lionel exclaims, "Sir!"
Speaking to Keleran, Cerise cheerfully says, "And good evening to you too! I don't believe we've yet had the pleasure. I'm Cerise."
Speaking to Cerise, Keleran says, "My name is Keleran."
Speaking to you, Lionel exclaims, "Introductions!"
Cerise offers up another bright smile to Keleran when she notes, "It's a pleasure."
Lionel nods to Keleran.
Speaking to Cerise, Keleran says, "Likewise, miss."
Keleran smiles.
Speaking to Cerise, Artus says, "Nice to meet, Cerise. I'm Artus."
Speaking to Lionel, Keleran says, "Hello. I am Keleran."
You uncertainly say, "Permit me? Right. Permit me to name Taliaferro."
Lionel smiles at you.
Sarah indicates Lionel with a nod.
Lionel bows to Keleran.
Speaking to Artus, Cerise warmly exclaims, "It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance!"
Speaking to Lionel, Keleran asks, "Taliaferro?"
Speaking to Keleran, Lionel says, "Servant, sir! Help yourself to drink, or pie. Don't mind the notice on the canteen. And don't mind the fact that it's in a canteen."
Lionel says, "There's cups on the table."
Lillian arrives from the east.
Lionel bows to Lillian.
Lillian waves.
Cerise offers up a smile to Lillian and a greeting of, "Good evening! I'm Cerise. Pleasure to meet you."
Lillian says, "Wonderful to meet you im lillian i brought food for the hungry folk."
Roen arrives from the east.
Roen carefully examines a canvas-covered iron canteen labeled "Very expensive - Do not drink!" (closed).
Lionel laughs!
You nod to Roen.
Cerise flashes a brilliant smile toward Roen. "Roen! We have milk! Just for you."
Cerise adds, "And anyone else who likes milk, of course."
Speaking to Lillian, Lionel says, "Did you? DID you? Gods bless you, madam. We're short on food."
Lionel smiles at Roen.
Speaking to Lillian, Artus says, "Thank you, we're grateful."
Artus grins.
Speaking to a broad clay jug of creamy white milk, Roen notes, "Milk. Specifically gathered due to me. Thank you. That is very kind."
Lionel nods to Roen.
Roen bows to Lionel.
Lillian says, "Its about 30 peices of deer meet."
Cerise turns her gaze back upon Lillian, a smile tracing her lips when she observes, "That was so terribly kind of you."
Lionel says, "Who doesn't like venison? Thank you, madam, thank you."
Lionel bows to Lillian.
Lillian smiles.
Lillian says, "Where would you like me to put this."
Lionel says, "Just -- just anywhere. On the floor, by the table, if you please."
Lionel smiles.
Sarah glances at the small crowd that has formed, a pleased little smile momentarily flickering on her lips. Then, she retreats and goes to stand in a little corner.
Cerise unfolds her arms from across her chest to lift one of her gloved hands closer to her face for a moment.
Cerise cheerfully announces, "We will begin at the library in just a few moments! So make your way on over if you'd like to participate. Just head west past the atrium."
Cerise's carved bone ring clutching a cerise crystal (opaque) pulses with a cerise glow.
[ESP-GRAY]: A cerise entity cheerfully announces, "We will begin at the library in just a few moments! So make your way on over if you'd like to participate. Just head west past the atrium."
Lionel removes a gold watch from the fob-pocket of his breeches.
Artus asks, "What's that dark thing in the jars?"
Lillian drops a thick parchment package labeled "food" (open).
Lionel says, "Whisky."
?Hreidun? arrives from the west.
Lionel smiles at ?Hreidun?.
?Hreidun? nods in greeting.
Sarah waves to ?Hreidun? from her corner.
Cerise flashes a smile to ?Hreidun?, greeting her with, "Good evening! I'm Cerise. It's a pleasure."
Speaking to ?Hreidun?, Lionel exclaims, "Madam, good evening!"
?Hreidun? says (muffled by a mask), "Evenin."
Lillian sits down.
Roen opens a leather drawstring pouch.
Roen removes a small clay cup from his leather drawstring pouch (open).
Roen pours creamy white milk from a broad clay jug to a small clay cup.
Lionel says, "We'll wait ten ticks, I think."
Cerise nods to Lionel.
Lillian nods.
Lionel exclaims, "Yes, well!"
Speaking to Lionel, Cerise agrees, "Well!"
Lionel asks, "What news? What news, all?"
Keleran leans toward ?Hreidun? and whispers something.
Keleran smirks at ?Hreidun?.
?Hreidun? laughs!
Keleran chuckles.
?Hreidun? rubs her chin thoughtfully.
Speaking to Keleran, ?Hreidun? says (muffled by a mask), "Ah, your story."
Keleran shakes his head.
Cerise glances at ?Hreidun?.
Speaking to Keleran, ?Hreidun? says (muffled by a mask), "I may add details, should ye wish, but tis yours."
Speaking to ?Hreidun?, Cerise remarks, "I'm afraid I didn't catch your name, Miss Fox."
Lionel glances at you.
?Hreidun? inclines an exquisite enigmatic vulpine mask at Cerise "I'm Hreidun."
"Pleasure to make your acquaintance," Cerise declares to ?Hreidun?, her smile deepening a moment. "Lovely dress, too, by-the-by."
Lionel nods to Cerise.
?Hreidun? nods to Cerise "Thank ye kindly. Had quite a bit o' help from friends regarding it."
Lionel pulls a chair from the wall and sets it in the corner of the room.
Cerise glances at Lionel.
?Hreidun? comments (muffled by a mask), "Think some may be napping after the climb today."
Artus says, "Tulpa hit the sack, I think."
Several library attendants quietly move through the sitting area, being careful not to interrupt the event as they busy themselves tidying up and making slight arrangements to the placements of furniture. In the end, the sitting area looks a bit nicer and the details of its arrangement more noticeable, no longer a bit plain and nondescript.
Lionel says, "It's very late."
Sarah nods appreciatively to the attendants.
Cerise gives a firm nod to the attendants who did an excellent job in so short a time.
Lionel does, too.
Lionel sits down on an upholstered high-backed armchair.
Lionel exclaims, "Right!"
?Hreidun? sits down on a plush-cushioned long couch.
Speaking to you, Lionel asks, "Who's first?"
Keleran sits down on an upholstered high-backed armchair.
You uncertainly stutter, "W -- Who's... Do I have to choose?"
Speaking to you, Cerise confirms, "You do! Not me, though."
Roen carefully examines a plush-cushioned long couch.
Speaking to Cerise, you slowly decide, "I believe you were the first to show up."
Lionel nods.
Roen sips at his milk, picking out a nearby couch.
Cerise squints at you. "Because I was *helping*."
Roen sits down on a plush-cushioned long couch.
Roen takes a drink from his small clay cup of creamy white milk.
Speaking to Cerise, you dismissively say, "Fair enough. Then it's..."
You glance around the area.
Speaking to Artus, you say, "You."
Lionel nods.
Cerise unfolds her arms from across her chest and gives an encouraging bit of clapping for Artus.
Speaking to Cerise, Artus asks, "Me?"
Lionel nods to Artus.
?Hreidun? lazily says (muffled by a mask), "They are starting some stories at the library, should any wish to join us."
?Hreidun?'s silver band set with star sapphires paired around a nacreous crystal (slightly faded) pulses with a nacreous glow.
[ESP-GRAY]: A nacreous entity lazily says (muffled), "They are starting some stories at the library, should any wish to join us."
Lionel gets up off an upholstered high-backed armchair.
Lillian giggles at Artus!
Viktoria arrives from the west.
Viktoria waves.
Cerise flashes a warm smile Viktoria's way.
You nod to Viktoria.
Lionel pours dark liquid from a large clay jar to a small clay cup.
?Hreidun? nods to Viktoria in greeting.
Artus widens his eyes, a bit stumped but ready nonetheless.
Lillian says, "Youll do great artus."
Viktoria grins around at all assembled.
Cerise nods firmly to Lillian in agreement before she flashes another smile toward Artus.
Viktoria writes on a rectangular writing slate with a rough stick of limestone chalk and holds it up for all to see.
You read a rectangular writing slate (Common Letters):
Don't have a story, was just in Library
Viktoria sits down on an upholstered high-backed armchair.
Cerise nods to Viktoria.
Lionel beams happily at Viktoria.
Lionel nods to Viktoria.
Viktoria wriggles herself down into the chair, it's massive size almost swalloing her.
Lillian waves at Viktoria.
[ESP-GRAY]: A midnight-green entity says (muffled), "I'll to come in a lil bit."
Speaking to Viktoria, Lionel exclaims, "No story needed! You're very welcome!"
Artus calmly states, "Since the end of winter reminds many of us of love and the blossoming of spring, I henceforth..."
Cerise turns her full attention upon Artus, dark eyebrows lifting a little in an expectant sort of look.
Lionel sits with his legs crossed, listening intently.
Artus turns reds and blushes several times before somewhat more awkwardly continuing, "bring you a love story from the high mountain, a duet between wordly recital and ancient poems, all from the more obscure part of Fasa culture, how bout that?"
You mumble, "Good enough."
?Hreidun? leans into the arm of the couch, legs crossed as her one foot swings.
Lillian listens intently to Artus.
Lionel exclaims, "Let's hear it!"
Lillian smiles at Artus.
Roen nods to Artus.
Viktoria swings her legs up on one armrest, rests her head on the other armrest, and cradles a rectangular writing slate in her lap.
Artus explains briefly, "This story is usually told in two, one reciting, one singing, but since we have none today, I guess I'll have to do both. Pardon my terrible singing guys."
Artus chuckles.
Viktoria shakes her head to Artus and gives him a thumbs-up.
A little snort escapes Sarah's mouth. She gives Artus an encouraging little nod.
Cerise's lips quirk up into a grin as she waits.
Lillian giggles to herself but smiles incouragingly to artus.
Artus begins, "In the outskirts of a small town, where nomads settled and wanderers rest their souls, there was a young and fine lass living by travellers' trail."
Lionel nods.
Artus recites:
As fair and as kind she was, her love was generously given.
Artus lovingly continues, "But of all things she possessed, only one teak planted by her own hand was of much value, tall and dependable by all exhausted souls on the path, admired by woodworkers to be amazingly healthy."
Artus recites:
With gentle touch and soothing speech, it was fueled by the loving woman.
Lionel leans forward in his chair.
Artus excitedly continues, "The silence of affection never lasted for those who envision their dreams, as mother nature granted the tree a ground to walk."
Artus recites:
No longer bound to the soil it grew, it became a fine laddy.
Viktoria frowns and blinks at Artus in mild confusion for a few moments.
Artus stops to smile, completely taken in by the story he's telling. His eyes takes on a somewhat mellow, longing glow.
Viktoria cocks her head to one side for a few moments as she thinks, then settles back into her chair.
Lionel takes a drink from his small clay cup of dark liquid.
Artus continuously presses, "Saddened by the lost of her loved teak, the woman whepped in grief, but she soon found him, who distracted her from the bitter sorrow."
Artus recites:
With his heart yearning for the unknown, he was attached to the lassy.
Cerise nods a bit while she listens. Attention still upon Artus, she unclips the canteen from her belt, pops it open, and takes a swig.
Cerise removes a canvas-covered copper canteen (closed) from her rose-gray wool yarn belt.
Cerise opens a canvas-covered copper canteen.
Artus happily continues, "She took him in as a villager, mighty and helpful as he could be for people in need."
Cerise takes a drink from her canvas-covered copper canteen of pale golden-brown liquid (open).
Artus recites:
In a world that seemed new, he learned what sustain lives and soften minds.
Lionel nods to Artus.
Lionel drops a fine silver-capped ebonwood cane.
Lionel picks up a canvas-covered iron canteen labeled "Very expensive - Do not drink!" (closed).
Lionel opens a canvas-covered iron canteen labeled "Very expensive - Do not drink!".
Viktoria rests the side of her face on the armrest, smiling softly to Artus at the last line.
Artus points, "Given title dependable savior by most, he soon found love in his heart, but the memory of his origin was still cloudy."
Lionel pours pale golden-brown liquid from a canvas-covered iron canteen labeled "Very expensive - Do not drink!" (open) to a small clay cup.
Lionel pours pale golden-brown liquid from a canvas-covered iron canteen labeled "Very expensive - Do not drink!" (open) to a small clay cup.
Lionel closes a canvas-covered iron canteen of pale golden-brown liquid labeled "Very expensive - Do not drink!".
Artus recites:
But still, he continued helping those he could find.
Lionel drops a canvas-covered iron canteen labeled "Very expensive - Do not drink!" (closed).
Artus happily continues, "With joy of being of service, he was loved by all, but none fueled his blazing heart as much as the woman who planted him in the first place."
Lillian smiles.
Lionel smiles.
Artus recites:
Little by little, his memory became clear,
Artus suddenly has a rather grim tone in his voice, though the line still continues with outward happiness, "Embracing her welcoming arms with heart full of affection, his face was filled with smiles, and the world was none but bright."
Artus recites:
But fading was the power for his wheel of life to steer.
Viktoria's face grows clouded as she seems to anticipate where the story is going.
Artus uneasily states, "A tree he was, attachment and love from his owner called for mother nature's empathy, but only for a short while."
Artus recites:
He knew his time was up almost too late.
Lionel nods.
Artus sorrowfully continues, "Each good act he kindly offered, and each smile of delight meant each bit of his power to live, and only the last one remained."
Artus recites:
He confessed one last word before accepting his fate.
Lionel exclaims, "What was it!"
Cerise lifts her free hand to her heart and gives her cuirass a light tap, nodding to Lionel.
Artus depressingly presses, "Love, love, love, the word repeated itself in the lassy's mind, and she dropped to the ground with shattered heart."
Artus recites:
If only she knew good will would take him away.
Viktoria winces and glances away, perturbed.
Lionel presses his hand to his heart.
Artus stressfully cries, "What if he was cold and aggressive, bloodthirsty and cruel, would he even be alive in the village? Would he fade like this in the end? No, it wasn't right."
Artus recites:
For him to live on, she really saw no way.
Sarah appears somewhat confused but follows the others' example and presses a hand to her chest dramatically.
Artus grimly states, "Whether light or darkness he chose to wield, he could never last, as his power was all but permanent, bound to his origin."
Artus recites:
A teak stood tall once again in the numming cold winter gust.
Lillian looks solomnly.
Artus depressingly marks, "No longer saw it as a teak, as his body slowly changed, with roots in place of feet, bound by where it belongged."
Viktoria taps her fingers quietly on a rectangular writing slate.
Artus recites:
Remembering her and all the love, right, it must.
Speaking to yourself, you uncertainly mumble, "So is he a tree, now, or a man?"
Cerise whispers over to you, "He's a tree again!"
You nod to Cerise.
Viktoria writes on a rectangular writing slate with a rough stick of limestone chalk and holds it up for all to see.
When is a body still a body?
And when is it soil?
Lionel smiles at Viktoria.
Artus bitterly hesitates, "Her heart was torned between unbearable pain of seeing the teak, and she thought of felling what she once held so dear."
Artus recites:
Try as it may, she couldn't make up her mind.
Artus determinedly considers, "Her deeper thought, no, her spirit, knew there had to be something she could do for him one more time."
Artus recites:
If only mother nature was empathic and kind.
Nora arrives from the east.
Lionel nods to Nora.
Cerise nods slowly, gaze riveted on Artus.
Tree saplings.
Artus hopefully considers, "If the tree was fill with positivity from the day it was planted, then positivity would be that power, the true power it held beneath the bark."
Sarah considers. "Isn't she?" She gives Nora a little nod.
Nora nods in greeting.
Artus recites:
It was never, never just an ordinary tree.
Lionel pats the couch, smiling at Nora.
Nora closes a verdant wool drawstring pouch.
Artus continues, "A tree that could feel, and a teak that could love, he proved beyond his own solid wood, which could only end up as planks."
Artus recites:
Even planks could sustain a house, like himself he would see.
Nora shrugs.
Nora walks over to a plush-cushioned long couch.
Nora sits down on a plush-cushioned long couch.
?Hreidun? greets Nora distractedly while listening.
Artus softly wheaps, "With gentle touch like days in the past, she kneeled beneath the teak on cold snowy ground, her tears trickling down to her cheeks."
Sarah blinks in surprise upon seeing Artus start to weep.
Artus recites:
A glimpse of love and a warmth of hope was what she felt inside.
Cerise takes a drink from her canvas-covered copper canteen of pale golden-brown liquid (open).
Artus determinedly decides, "Not a word of request, neither word of affection, she simply told him to grow up, so he could be stirty and dependable as he as a man once was, and as a tree before that."
Artus recites:
A shelter for tired traveller, he could always provide.
Lionel considers, taking a sip from his cup.
Artus stops to smile again, this time with a twinkle of serenity in his deeper, underlying expression.
Artus happily announces, "Slowly, the bark softened and became skin. Roots popped out of the soil it once belongged, and there he was, again, walking the ancient lands."
Artus recites:
He walked and walked, along side the love of his heart.
Nora smiles at ?Hreidun?.
Lillian smiles softly at Artus.
Artus happily tells, "One power he borrowed, but the higher one of his own, was beyond the force of nature and god, the one that never fades in time, is the heart, forever untainted."
Artus recites:
With power he himself harbored, never again him and her would part.
Artus admiringly tells, "Out of the village, they pursued their goal, to bring smiles to every face they met, over forests, up on mountain peaks for the rest of their time."
Artus recites:
Thus ends the story of a mind behind the wood.
Lionel exclaims, "Well!"
Artus finishes, "When winter gust blows numming cold to the land, only the warmth of fire could relieve. With gust of cruelty blowing pain and sorrow to those all around, peace, clarity and freedom is for only the pure and untainted to achieve."
Lionel exclaims, "Well, well!"
Cerise brings her left hand against her canteen, clapping the best she can for Artus.
Lionel applauds.
Artus recites:
Keep the light inside you as bright as day, of course you should
Artus beams happily!
Nora smiles at Artus.
Keleran smiles.
Cerise warmly calls out from her place against the wall, "Well done!"
Keleran nods.
Lillian applauds.
Artus raises his hands, still smiling.
?Hreidun? claps quietly.
Viktoria smiles at Artus.
Lillian says, "Great job my friend."
Viktoria applauds Artus.
"Oh!" Sarah applauds Artus lightly, her expression one of mild confusion.
Lionel asks, "There's a story! There, i'gods, is a story well told -- and with recitations! Lovely! Who will outdo this man?"
Roen gives Artus a small smile.
The light within.
Artus gives everyone a warm, chuckle, "I hope my singing isn't...too terrible."
Speaking to Lionel, Cerise exclaims, "I shall do my best!"
Lionel nods to Cerise.
Cerise closes a canvas-covered copper canteen of pale golden-brown liquid.
Cerise attaches a canvas-covered copper canteen (closed) to her rose-gray wool yarn belt.
Artus says, "My favorite story really, of all things I've ever heard."
Cerise shoves off away from her casual lean against the wall and begins tugging off her gloves, then stashing them somewhere on her person.
Speaking to you, Artus exclaims, "Good luck!"
Cerise takes off some fine leather gloves.
Artus waves encouragingly at you.
Cerise opens a heavy canvas backpack.
Cerise puts some fine leather gloves into her heavy canvas backpack (open).
Cerise closes a heavy canvas backpack.
Sarah shakes her head at Artus and indicates Cerise with a nod of her head.
Cerise flourishes a bow to Artus and then begins.
Standing before those gathered, Cerise holds up her hands, her voice lowering to a conversational tone as she begins her tale with, "Once upon a time, there was a man." Eyes widening a bit, she continues on to say in a stage whisper, "A man so handsome, so kind, and so clever that he won for himself the admiration of all the people around him without even trying." Lifting a hand to her forehead, she imitates becoming lightheaded and on the verge of fainting when she exclaims, "Oh, how the ladies swooned at his feet!"
Nora grins at Cerise.
Lionel says, "Mm."
Viktoria snorts.
Viktoria shakes her head.
Keleran chuckles.
Sarah all but rolls her eyes, but stops herself.
Cerise winks at you.
Lionel says, "Reckon he's due for a fall."
Nora nods to Lionel.
Shifting to gaze back upon the small crowd as she holds up a single finger, Cerise states, "But he had eyes for only one lady in particular, a lady with so plain an appearance that no one could seem to understand just *why* he fancied her so. But he had known this lady since she was but a girl. They had grown up together, you see, and he knew her gentle soul and her bright mind. He found both far more alluring than the winsome smiles the other girls within his village gave to him."
Artus perks up, excited.
A sigh is there upon Cerise's lips when she laments, "But this girl was so shy and so modest, their relationship had never bloomed into anything beyond mere friendship. He was afraid to press the issue of them ever being more for fear of frightening her away." Hands folding themselves over her heart, she dramatically imparts, "And so he pined for his lady love during the day." Rising up onto the balls of her booted feet, she shifts her weight from side-to-side, dodging unseen obstacles when she explains with a smile, "And at night, he dodged the many advances of the other women, ever polite but always firm in his refusals."
Nora removes a small clay cup from on a square pine table.
Lionel exclaims, "Hm!"
Nora glances at a canvas-covered iron canteen labeled "Very expensive - Do not drink!" (closed).
Lionel picks up a canvas-covered iron canteen labeled "Very expensive - Do not drink!" (closed).
Lionel opens a canvas-covered iron canteen labeled "Very expensive - Do not drink!".
Speaking to Lionel, Nora lightly apologises, "Only curious."
Viktoria smiles softly at the story, still sprawled out across an upholstered high-backed armchair as best she can. She's still tiny compared to it.
Lionel leans toward Nora and whispers something.
Lionel closes a canvas-covered iron canteen of pale golden-brown liquid labeled "Very expensive - Do not drink!".
Lionel puts a canvas-covered iron canteen labeled "Very expensive - Do not drink!" (closed) on a square pine table.
Nora beams happily at Lionel!
Cerise then 'mounts up' on a nonexistent horse and 'gallops' a little ways away before she dismounts by a square pine table, returns her attention to the others, and says, "Off in another part of the kingdom, there was a princess renowned for her beauty, her grace, and her *temper* above all else." Placing her hands upon her hips, she adopts her grumpiest expression for a moment, hands then sweeping out before her when she confides on another stage whisper, "Fair of face and form, but dark of spirit, she stole the attention and the hearts of any who looked upon her." Arms lifting into the air, she sinks down to her knees, dramatically exclaiming, "Men fell at her feet and pledged their lives to her. Countless suitors begged for a chance at being her consort. But she refused them all. Picky and fickle creature that she was, none were good enough for her."
Lionel exclaims, "Aha!"
Keleran smirks.
Artus smiles and whispers softly to himself, "With grace! Hell!"
Nora pours dark liquid from a large clay jar to a small clay cup.
Lillian giggles at Artus!
Viktoria grins to Cerise.
Cerise holds up a single finger even as she rolls back to her feet. "Until one day, her carriage rumbled through our hero's village. And there, from behind the lace curtain adorning her window," she reaches out as though to part some nonexistent curtain before her, peeking out upon the others. Her hand then lifts and she points at no one in particular. "She spotted him! He who was so handsome and so clever and so very, very kind. She knew she just *had* to have him. He would be her consort!"
Artus grins slightly, mumbling, "Now who said she didn't have a way with words?" then turns back to intently listen.
Artus shrugs.
Somebody could play the man.
Make it like a play?
"Are you saying I can't be mannish?" Cerise playfully demands of Viktoria before she shifts back into her one-woman show.
?Hreidun? snorts.
Viktoria arches an eyebrow at Cerise.
Artus smiles at Viktoria.
If you *want* to be I suppose.
Lionel laughs!
Cerise winks at Viktoria.
Giving a dramatic toss of her head, dark hair streaming down her back, Cerise adopts a haughty expression and gives a princess-like wave to those gathered while she says, "The next day, with all the fanfare one might expect, the princess rode out upon her palfrey through the village, accompanied by a retinue of guards." Hands lifting, she flutters her fingers before her, explaining, "The diamonds within her hair caught the light, giving her an otherworldly shimmer! And how the men fell at her feet, calling out, 'Goddess Divine!', hoping for just a glimpse of her smile. But she had no smiles for them."
Viktoria quietly mimes picking up a piece of rotten fruit, sniffing it, and tossing it at Cerise.
Cerise mimes catching it and giving that rotten piece of fruit a kiss before tossing it over her shoulder.
Lionel exclaims, "Go on!"
Artus sticks his tongue in disgust. Obviously, he doesn't seem to take pleasure with this nobility's attitude.
With her eyes widening again, Cerise reveals, "And she had no smiles for our hero either as, when she put the proposal to him, he refused her! Refused!" She throws her arms up in the air, exclaiming, "For the first time in her life, the princess knew rejection." Stomping her booted feet in time to the words, she adds, "And she. Hated. It." Shaking her head a little, she offers up to those gathered in a stage whisper, "The rage welled up inside her little, dark heart and threatened to consume her. She could not understand why he did not want her. What man would not want *her*?!" Her arms flail a little bit with this, as though to illustrate the princess's frustration with this new development in her life.
Lillian giggles!
You grin.
Viktoria grins and covers her mouth with her slate, stomping a little along with Cerise.
Lionel nods.
Artus shrugs and chuckles in amusement, giving you a victory gaze.
Nora amusedly says, "Ooh. Poor thing."
Nora takes a drink from her small clay cup of dark liquid.
Artus smirks, "Serves."
"So, that night, she had him followed," Cerise reveals, her right hand vaguely sweeping outward as she speaks, her voice lowering. "And her spy witnessed our hero in his evening routine, as he escorted his quiet lady love back to her house after a long, long day of her toiling away, spinning wool into thread, simply so that she would not have to venture home alone in the dark." Sighing, her fingers alighting upon her own lips before then drifting away, floating off into the air, she imparts, "He left her at her doorstep, a kiss on his lips just aching to be shared... but alas. He could not bring himself to do it, for fear she would flee from him and he would never see her again!"
Lionel nods.
Viktoria taps conspicuously a leather thigh sheath.
Lillian frowns.
Viktoria mimes a stabbing motion and winces.
Sarah narrows her eyes.
Cerise nods her head to Viktoria, wide eyes upon the small crowd when she confides, "The spy reported all of this to the princess and her jealousy became too much for her to bear!" She mimes throwing a fit, a booted foot kicking out at nothing in particular, though she very nearly takes out the nearby table. She then picks up a nonexistent something-or-another, probably a chair, and pretends to throw it across the room. Clearing her throat and skimming her fingers back through her dark hair, she finally turns her attention back to the verbal part of story when she says, "The next morning, she sent her guards to the man's village and had his quiet weaver girl arrested for treason! And she was carted off to the dungeon, to await execution for her nonexistent crimes, while the man looked on in despair."
Lillian glances at vik with a soft chuckle.
Nora mutters, "Poor thing in deed."
You mumble, "Of course she did."
Artus says, "Oh god please no..."
Artus inhales sharply.
Viktoria frowns, seemingly unhappy to be right. Or close enough.
Lillian sighs.
Lillian frowns.
Cerise mimes mounting up on a faux horse again, sharing with the others while she 'rides' about the space, cantering in leisurely circles, "He rode out to the castle as fast as his horse could take him and begged for an audience with the cold-hearted princess. She was pleased beyond measure to see him there before her until he *threw* himself upon his knees and begged for the life of his lady love." She dismounts from the nonexistent horse and does just that, falling to her knees before the others. She adopts her manliest man voice, which isn't very manly, probably for Viktoria's sake. "'But I love her, Your Highness!' he implored. 'And it is true love.' But the princess merely sneered, 'If you marry me, I will spare your weaver girl,' giving him this most heart-wrenching of ultimatums. For it was one he could never agree to."
Nora simply states, "He's boring."
Nora nods.
Lillian nods.
If he was real, then he's been crushed down to a character in a relatively short story.
Artus says, "At least that princess got something at her face."
Lillian agrees with Artus.
Cerise remains there down on the floor, sitting back on her heels when she says in her not-so-manly manly voice again, "'She is my heart. My breath. I cannot marry you because I cannot live without her.'" She rolls back to her feet and stomps about again, saying, "And oh, how the princess raged, but the man was not moved. He simply remained kneeling before her, pleading until he had no more breath with which to plead. So she gave him another ultimatum: there would be a test." Lifting a single finger, she explains, "If he could choose his lady love out of a crowd of others, he could marry her that very night. But if he could not, if he failed the test... he would marry the princess instead. And his lady love would die on the morrow."
Artus grumbles a second after, seemingly realizing some underlying matter in that last bit.
Artus straightens up suddenly.
That princess... she sounds like she's heading for a wedding-night-stabbing.
Keleran chuckles.
Cerise imparts with a smile, "The man leapt at the chance to save his girl. 'Yes!' he cried, for he knew that he would know the quiet weaver anywhere, no matter how many other women were in this crowd." Pausing there for dramatic effect, she then exclaims, hands flying up in the air and waving about in dramatic accompaniment to her words, "But it was a trick! He had not asked for the parameters of this test before he agreed! So it was that our hero ended up blindfolded and in a room full of women, unable to speak to them, to see them, to ask them if they were the one he loved." Hands lowering back down to rest before her at chest level, she turns her right toward the crowd, palm facing them as she brushes the fingers of her left down the line of said palm and says, "He could but touch their hand, for the briefest of moments."
Artus mutters, "Uh-oh!"
[ESP-GRAY]: A bright-pink entity says, "Yay! the cat is back at Stormholdt."
[ESP-GRAY]: A bright-pink entity says, "Wonder if it hunted another LIndwurm."
Lillian gasps!
Lionel pours dark liquid from a large clay jar to a small clay cup.
"'If you love her so, surely that is enough for you to know her,' the princess crowed, leaving the man to this seemingly impossible task," Cerise says, continuing on. Holding up all ten of her fingers, she notes, "Ten ladies in total. Ten hands he had to touch for but a moment before they were gone. He could not see them. He could not speak with them. Nor could they speak to him." She shakes her head a little, her look turning a touch forlorn. "When all ten had passed him by, all ten of those hands touched, the guard who had been left with him asked, 'Well?' And the man felt the breath slowly leaving his body." Her hands lift to her own heart when she sighs, "His heart slowed. He knew that this may very well be the last chance he had to save the one he loved more than anything."
Artus inhales anxd exhales rapidly, almost as if he's going to start hyperventilating. Something seems to trigger his memory, as prone and as vulnerable to it as his traumatized self is.
Lillian mutters.
Viktoria glances over to Artus and sits up in concern.
Viktoria taps Artus with her rectangular writing slate.
Speaking to Artus, Lionel exclaims, "Easy!"
Lowering her voice back to a stage whisper, eyes skipping between the others each in turn, though she fixates upon Artus in particular for a moment, Cerise says, "But he had to answer. 'Three,' he breathed, almost not daring to speak. 'She was number three.'" Sucking in a breath, she pauses there for but a moment before revealing, "The guard had no reply for him and all was silent within the room. In that silence, he was left alone while the wedding preparations were made. He would not know until he was at the altar if he had made the right choice."
Viktoria cocks her head to one side and glances up to Artus with concern.
Sarah shoots Artus a glance before turning her full attention to Cerise again.
Speaking to Artus, Lionel asks, "You all right?"
Lillian hugs Artus.
Lionel exclaims, "Captain! Pause a moment!"
Lionel points at Cerise.
Cerise pauses for a moment.
Speaking to Artus, Lionel asks, "You all right?"
Viktoria gets up off an upholstered high-backed armchair.
Viktoria puts an arm around Artus as well.
Story halted, Roen realizes the attention placed on Artus. He becomes quickly concerned.
Artus slows down, trying to remain calm. He nods, "continue."
Viktoria nods to Artus.
Lionel asks, "You sure?"
Lionel glances at Artus.
Nora agrees with Lionel.
?Hreidun? peers at Artus making a concerned sound.
Cerise seems quite content with merely standing there while she waits for the all clear, her gaze upon Artus, head faintly cocked to the side.
Artus nods and tries to remain in posture, his breathing halts and steady almost as if he's about to choke, but still states the same "continue".
Viktoria ruffles Artus's hair and gives him a small, certain smile.
Lionel says, "Right."
Lionel nods to Cerise.
Lionel says, "Carry on."
Cerise resumes her tale as she begins to pace in a leisurely sort of way, booted feet quiet upon the floor, hands clasped at the small of her back. "An hour passed before the guard returned and led him, still blindfolded, to the chapel." Pausing in her pacing to instead turn to face the others, she covers her eyes with a hand and then dramatically pulls that hand away and squints, blinking as though the room was suddenly too bright for her silvered gaze. "Only once he was there before the altar was his blindfold removed! He blinked against the sudden burn of the candlelight all around and turned to look down upon the bride at his side. She was dressed all in white with a veil upon her face."
Lillian glances at Artus still concerned.
Viktoria purses her lips.
Sarah lets out a little breath, looking at Cerise expectantly.
Cerise gives an excited gasp over the appearance of the bride within the story, though she's clearly watching Artus sidelong while she goes on, as though checking to make sure he can handle the suspense. "Was it she? His lady love?" Teeth nipping at her bottom lip, she then reaches out when she says, "He reached out with trembling hands as the priest began the ceremony, only the three of them and two witnesses present within the room."
Artus inhales sharply.
Viktoria taps a rectangular writing slate which she is holding.
Wonder who the witnesses were.
Lionel chuckles.
Making a dramatic snatching motion at the air, Cerise exclaims, clearly racing toward the denouement of this tale, "Grabbing at the veil, he lifted it and with bated breath peeked beneath to see...!" But there she stops like a coy little tart, hands falling back to her sides when she looks toward the others and quirks a single, dark eyebrow. "Well. What do *you* all think he saw?" she poses to all of them. "Did love conquer all?" she asks, eyes falling upon each person in turn with a special glance reserved for Artus. "Can one truly know the one they love from a mere graze of fingers alone?" She pauses there, letting the silence grow for a few beats before she is then pointing toward them all and stating, "Only *you* can truly know how this story ended."
Viktoria shrugs.
Viktoria applauds Cerise.
Keleran rubs his chin thoughtfully.
Lillian smiles.
Cerise flourishes a bow, and, with the ending left hanging, she moves to return to her previous position casually leaning against the wall.
Artus grins.
Roen takes off some russet wool mittens.
Is lovely story, but the point of it does not appeal to me personally. Regardless! Told v. well!
Sarah adopts a thoughtful expression. "You know, that's a lovely way to end a story. You make a dozen more out of it." she applauds Cerise with vigour.
Lionel applauds.
Keleran leans toward ?Hreidun? and whispers something.
Roen takes off his mittens to applaud Cerise along with the others, flashing a tiny smile. "Good work."
Speaking to Cerise, Artus says, "Lovely...I'd whine if I was 10, I swear."
Roen pulls some russet wool mittens on over his hands.
Keleran says, "That was a good story."
Lionel asks, "Who's next?"
Roen gets up off a plush-cushioned long couch.
Roen sits down on an upholstered high-backed armchair.
Keleran gets up off an upholstered high-backed armchair.
Artus lets out a rather forceful laugh, but seems more relaxed, though still weak and shaky.
Speaking to Cerise, Nora urges, "You are good at this. You told it well."
?Hreidun? claps quietly while muffling a giggle Keleran.
Nora smiles at Cerise.
Lionel nods to Nora.
Speaking to Keleran, Artus exclaims, "Go go!"
Cerise smiles at everyone, offering up various thank yous.
Keleran says, "I must be on my way. It has been entertaining."
You nod to Keleran.
Lionel bows to Keleran.
Speaking to Keleran, ?Hreidun? says (muffled by a mask), "Rest well."
Keleran says, "Have a good night."
Keleran waves.
Roen waves at Keleran.
Lillian waves.
Viktoria waves at Keleran.
Keleran heads east.
Cerise removes some knitted light-brown wool gloves from her heavy canvas backpack (open).
Cerise puts some knitted light-brown wool gloves into her heavy canvas backpack (open).
Cerise removes some fine leather gloves from her heavy canvas backpack (open).
Cerise pulls some fine leather gloves on over her hands.
Roen says, "I may tell my story next. Unless another wishes to tell their own."
Artus says, "Oh."
Lionel points at Roen.
Cerise brightens when Roen speaks. "Oh, do go!"
Artus says, "There I thought he was gonna tell something. Well take care."
Lillian smiles.
Artus beams happily!
Sarah nods along to the others' words, smiling encouragingly at Roen.
?Hreidun? settles into listen.
Roen traces Lionel's finger to his chest. He also points at himself, then makes a vague noise of agreement, standing up from his seat again.
Roen gets up off an upholstered high-backed armchair.
Lionel nods.
Viktoria wriggles and disappears back down into an upholstered high-backed armchair.
Artus fumbles around for a moment, still half confused as he snaps fully back to the surroundings, completely away from the flashback induced by the last story. He reaches out to the nearest person, trying to find a hand to grasp for a despret comfort while waiting for the new one to start.
"Forgive me for not incorporating much movement into my telling," Roen prefaces his story. "I am not so trained in the arts of drama as Cerys. Cerise."
Nora reaches to grab the hand.
Cerise beams a most brilliant smile over Roen's way when she lightly calls out, "You're going to do wonderfully!"
Viktoria pats Artus on the back comfortingly.
You agree with Cerise.
Roen takes a breath, leaning against a square pine table to face everyone.
Viktoria glances away from Artus to give Roen an encouraging smile and a thumbs-up.
Artus returns the handshake tighter than intended, his face pale with deep embarrassment and fear he's trying to excert all effort to hide.
Lillian rest a hand on her arm.
Roen recites:
There once lived a king in these fair lands,
Now lies unknown by name;
Whom history gives record,
For valor, worth, and fame.
Once upon a day,
The king sat to dine;
And he missed his favorite knight,
His name Ser Riocus.
Speaking to Roen, Artus says, "The story matters the most. Waitin."
Roen recites:
Out speaks another knight,
A man of Ser Riocus' kin;
'He lies abed sick in love,
"For your fair daughter.'
'O woe me,' said the regal king,
'Forgive me the same,
Give her bread and wine red,
Taken to Ser Riocus.'
Roen recites:
She gently beared the bread,
Her page carrying wine,
And set a table by his bed,
'Ser Riocus, rise and dine.'
'Though I love wine, my lady,
Give me your lovely hand,
Better I hold your fair body,
Than any wine in Aetgard's land.'
Cerise's attention is riveted upon Roen, her head nodding a little as she follows the rise and fall of the verses.
Roen takes a sip of milk, holding up a hand to signal there's still far more to come.
Roen recites:
'Hold thy tongue, Ser Riocus, let your folly be;
My love must be honor won,
Or none shall enjoy me.
But atop of Blackrise hill,
Near the forest of bramble and thorn,
Where never a man with life ever came,
None but the malign-born.'
Roen recites:
'Go there at night and blow thy horn,
Return with new honor,
And we marry come morn.'
Ser Riocus leapt from lovesickness,
Clad himself in armor keen,
And outed to Blackrise hill,
Guided by love o'er light's sheen.
Artus softly chuckles, mumbling something about how everyone told love stories today.
Cerise flashes a sidelong glance and a smile toward Artus.
"I follow your leads," Roen mumbles back.
Don't really get it. He's going to fight netherim?
Lillian smiles at Artus.
Roen recites:
At midnight the hill rumbled,
The knight walked it up and down,
While crackling thunder and rain roared overhead.
By twinkling of an eye,
He spotted a knight black and white,
And a fair lady bearing his brand,
Torches burning bright.
Roen recites:
He cried coming nigh,
'Caitiff, servant, I bid you away!
None of your kind come here,
Without falling to me.
Take road before I reach thee,
Turn around and flee,
My sword is sharp and broad,
Ample to quarter you by three.'
Lionel stares at Roen in rapt attention.
Roen recites:
Our knight replied, 'I am not afraid,
Of aught here I see;
You bear no metal or mettle,
No dread have I of thee.'
Ser Riocus drew his blade free,
As did his foe,
And they fought on Blackrise til beaten and bloody.
Cerise sucks in a breath, clearly in suspense.
Roen recites:
One stroke gave Riocus a biting wound,
His return brought the foe unto ground.
'I yield,' the fell knight said, 'I yield fairly to thee;
None e'er came to the blackened hill,
And gained such victory.'
Artus shakes his head slightly, confused by the eloquent wording but still pressing on to try and interpret it.
Roen recites:
'My forebears and I haunted here hundred years;
I swear this true,
We were never beat until you.'
'I ask,' said his lady fair.
'I ask you one plea.'
'Ask on,' said Ser Riocus.
'What is your asking be.'
Roen recites:
'Let my wounded knight live,'
Let us fare on our way,
'And we shall ne'er return to this hill,
By night or by day.'
'I shall return your knight,
Know you leave not alone.
But I must have a piece of his armor,
Before you have flown.'
Roen recites:
Our Ser being a studied man,
Knew how to cut without harm.
He drew stroke behind the gauntlet,
And drew circular speedily.
The knight's brand and armor hand,
In the air flew free.
Lionel snaps his fingers in time with the poem.
Speaking to Lionel, you quietly scold, "You're making a lot of noise!"
Roen recites:
High it flew into night sky,
And landed upon ground;
Lined with glittery gold and great gems.
Up he takes the golden hand,
And set it afore king and throne throne;
And next morn married his lady fair.
Artus releases the hand he holds for support, twirling after the poem.
Viktoria claps quietly in time.
Roen draws his recital to a close, huffing out a great breath.
Lionel exclaims, "Well!"
Cerise brings her gloved hands together in a round of applause for Roen, a bright smile upon her lips all the while.
Lionel exclaims, "WELL!"
You applaud Roen.
Artus applauds Roen.
Viktoria applauds Roen.
Lillian applauds.
Viktoria grins at Roen.
Nora smiles.
Lionel asks, "Who shall beat THAT one? Who's next?"
?Hreidun? quietly claps her hands in applause.
Speaking to Roen, Cerise warmly declares, "Well done, Roen!"
Roen performs a flourishing bow, nearly spilling his milk in the process. He stumbles to ensure he doesn't drop anything and lands in an upholstered high-backed armchair.
Artus returns to his more energetic self at the fuel of amazement and amusement, though somewhat taken aback by all the eloquently noble wording he doesn't seem to be too familiar with.
Lionel smiles at Artus.
?Hreidun? giggles quietly.
Speaking to Roen, Artus says, "Um, your milk."
Lillian smiles at Artus.
Lionel asks, "Come now, come now! Who's next?"
Speaking to Artus, Roen breathlessly confirms, "My milk."
Roen takes a drink from his small clay cup of creamy white milk, finishing it off in one go.
Sarah nods reluctantly to ?Hreidun?, as if to indicate she might be next.
Artus snickers.
Lionel nods to ?Hreidun?.
?Hreidun? fidgets.
Lillian giggles!
?Hreidun? takes a deep breath and stands giving off a nervous air.
?Hreidun? gets up off a plush-cushioned long couch.
Roen appends, "Dedicated to Vandin. Thanks for preserving my stories."
Lionel nods to Roen.
You nod to Roen.
Stop putting watermellons into the first thing you see that looks like it can hold a watermellon. It is most rude, because you'll only make them feel like they don't belong.
Frisbee

The Logs, Part II

Post by Frisbee »

Viktoria gives ?Hreidun? an encouraging smile.
Nora grins at ?Hreidun?.
Speaking to ?Hreidun?, Roen encourages, "I believe in you."
Cerise offers up a warm smile to ?Hreidun?, no doubt trying to be encouraging.
Lionel says, "We all do."
?Hreidun? allows her fidgeting to end as she stands and removes her mask while smiling nervously Tis a song and myth. Not something cheerful she shrugs.
Sarah makes a noise of agreement.
Artus beams happily!
Artus says, "Oo, the lady's unmasked! Now that's something."
?Hreidun? takes off an exquisite enigmatic vulpine mask.
Hreidun puts an exquisite enigmatic vulpine mask into her thick leather back-pouch (open).
Hreidun slowly paces as she begins.
Lionel smiles.
Hreidun sings:
The sun comes
and the morning dew fades
Shadows meander through forests and glades
Cerise relaxes into her lean against the wall, a small smile still lingering as she settles in to listen.
Hreidun sings:
rejoice for the sun is here
rejoice outside the shadows
for there is little to fear
Hreidun shifts her posture, her brows knitting together into a frown as she sings.
Lionel puts a small clay cup on a square pine table.
Lionel removes an iron knife (keen-edged) from his leather drawstring pouch (open).
Lionel removes an emberberry pie from on a square pine table.
Hreidun sings:
the sun is here
the sun is here
sun is here
Lionel smiles at Hreidun.
Artus smiles.
Lillian smiles.
Lionel puts an iron knife (keen-edged) in his heavy canvas backpack (open).
Lionel cuts off a slice of his emberberry pie with his iron knife (keen-edged).
Speaking to yourself, you quietly say, "Interesting. Interesting."
Hreidun allows the more hopeful tone to fade as her voice turns mournful.
Lionel puts a slice of emberberry pie on a square pine table.
Hreidun sings:
but there is one place, man avoids without shame
only a few paces
fools enter with themselves to blame
Hreidun stops her slow pacing, beginning to sway.
Lionel puts an emberberry pie on a square pine table.
Viktoria purses her lips.
Cerise scoots along the wall as she slowly stalks toward the table, eyes still upon Hreidun. Pausing there next to the refreshments, she casually reaches over and plucks up some pie.
Hreidun sings:
Maybe ought to pray
maybe ought to fear
the Forest of the Fey
bane of Gudleifr
Cerise removes a slice of emberberry pie from on a square pine table.
Hreidun drops her voice to a lower tone as she stills, staring upwards.
Lionel squints.
Lionel nods to Hreidun.
Hreidun sings:
Look down into the shadows black
look at up at the trees with tainted crowns
the leaves peeled back
their roots grown deep down
Roen sits still, attention rapt.
Lillian freezes.
Hreidun sings:
the spirits broken
you dont belong
they may be faded
but they are strong
Hreidun sings:
step into the maze
try to step back
You have gone sideways
and off track
Viktoria takes a short breath in through her nose and starts quietly tapping a rectangular writing slate.
Hreidun removes a painted black pine wraith mask from her thick leather back-pouch (open).
Hreidun puts a painted black pine wraith mask on her head.
Artus tenses up somewhat.
Sarah takes a few tentative steps to her left.
?Hreidun? sings:
one will lose all faith
in a forest known
twisted and terrible wraith
their prey piles of bone
?Hreidun? takes off a painted black pine wraith mask.
Artus mumbles, "How many freaking masks does she even have?"
Lionel says, "Shh."
You grin.
Lillian snorts.
Hreidun holds her hands up to gesture twenty to Artus.
Nora frowns.
Hreidun sings:
the sun is gone
the sun is gone
sun is gone
Hreidun sings:
lost to madness
lured astray
melodies of sadness
their wills swayed
The sun within.
Viktoria gazes at Hreidun.
Artus sighs.
Lillian nods.
Hreidun sings:
Lost all his horses
all his men
his tyranny not to be seen again
Hreidun sings:
some hillfolk escaped
some horses spared
The truths of such
difficult to air
Hreidun sings:
the sun is not there
the sun is not there
sun is not there
Hreidun begins to sway as she lets the note trail off before moving again, her voice pitching.
Lillian's gaze shifts downward.
Cerise continues to watch Hreidun, her slice of pie clearly forgotten for the moment.
Hreidun fidgets before ending.
Hreidun sings:
the sun is here
along with the oceans deep
with friends who are dear
I hope to keep
Hreidun grabs her mask and flops onto the couch swiftly.
Hreidun removes an exquisite enigmatic vulpine mask from her thick leather back-pouch (open).
Hreidun puts a painted black pine wraith mask on her head.
Roen whistles, slipping off his mittens for loud applause.
?Hreidun? sits down on a plush-cushioned long couch.
Artus whistles, impressed.
Lionel nods.
Lillian applauds.
Cerise casts about, her hands too full to clap. She settles upon letting loose with a loud whistle which probably carries and annoys someone deeper within the library.
Viktoria smiles at ?Hreidun?.
"Well done", Sarah exclaims, giving ?Hreidun? a round of applause.
Artus applauds.
Lionel applauds.
Nora smiles warmly at ?Hreidun?.
Viktoria slips her gloves off and applauds furiously.
Speaking to ?Hreidun?, Cerise warmly exclaims, "Well done, indeed!"
That's a lovely bit of oral history Hrei
[ESP-GRAY]: A powder-pink entity says, "I saw the cat when I was at Stormholdt. I was so excited. I love cats."
?Hreidun? clutches the other mask in her hands, her ears a furious red from her blush.
Lionel asks, "Has anyone not gone up, who whishes to go?"
?Hreidun? mumblingly says (muffled by a mask), "Thank ye."
Speaking to Lionel, Artus asks, "Well, you?"
Cerise flashes a grin to Artus, agreeing, "Quite right!"
Lionel exclaims, "I'm the judge!"
Speaking to Artus, you remind, "He's judging."
Lionel nods to you.
Cerise huffs over at Lionel.
Cerise takes a bite of a slice of emberberry pie, finishing it off.
Lillian breaks her gaze with the ground to glance around the room.
Speaking to Lillian, Artus asks, "You then?"
Cerise glances at Lillian.
Lionel smiles.
Lillian says, "No i just brought the food."
You laugh!
I couldn't tell a story to save my life
Cerise chuckles quietly, her shoulders shaking with the sound.
Cerise remarks to Viktoria in a warm aside, "You give a pretty good sermon, though. Well. Sermon sort of talk?"
Lionel glances at Viktoria.
Lionel glances at Cerise.
Is... discussion thing. I don't know. Is not important now
Lionel nods.
Lionel says, "All right."
Lionel points at Viktoria.
Cerise's smile deepens by several degrees, though she holds up her hands toward Viktoria in an 'okay, okay' sort of gesture.
Lionel offers to recruit Viktoria into his group.
Viktoria arches an eyebrow at Lionel.
Speaking to Viktoria, Lionel says, "Come with me, if you please."
?Hreidun? blinks down at the mask in her hands.
?Hreidun? takes off a painted black pine wraith mask.
Hreidun puts an exquisite enigmatic vulpine mask on her head.
?Hreidun? puts a painted black pine wraith mask into her thick leather back-pouch (open).
Viktoria stands uncertainly.
"Tell a story. Any story. Mundane, fantastical." Roen nods to Viktoria, then to the group at large. "We will never judge you for trying. It is brave to stand up in front of others."
Lionel exclaims, "We'll return, presently, with your prizes!"
Okay...
Viktoria joins Lionel's group.
Roen acquiesces, "Never mind me."
Lionel says, "Unless..."
Lionel glances at Roen.
Viktoria shrugs.
If people want me to.
Neyah arrives from the east, carrying a greatsword.
Lionel exclaims, "Of course!"
You glance at Nora.
Nora arches an eyebrow at you.
Lionel nods to Viktoria.
Viktoria nods slowly.
Viktoria taps herself on the chest.
Cerise brings her hands together for a bit of encouraging clapping. She flashes a smile to Roen and mouthes the words, 'Well done,' before her attention returns to Viktoria.
Lionel exclaims, "Out on't!"
Neyah sits down on a plush-cushioned long couch.
Roen clearly did not expect his words to have an effect on Viktoria. He breaks into a half-restrained grin.
You agree with Cerise.
Neyah puts her fine steel greatsword (keen-edged) in her red fox fur scabbard.
Lionel lights a few more candles in the sconces along the walls so that everyone can see Viktoria's slate.
?Hreidun? trembles minutely on the couch, her blush fading as she nods encouragement to Viktoria.
In the old country, under the thumb of the Church, there lived a beautiful weaver girl and a feisty young shepard. Every day he would take his flock out to water and pasture to watch her by the river. On prayer days and holidays they went through their routine. The shepard boy and the quiet weaver girl.
Nora gets up off a plush-cushioned long couch.
Cerise leans forward a bit from her place against the wall, eyes tracking the words upon the slate.
[ESP-GRAY] * A brief pulse of the color Maroon flickers at the edge of your mind's eye. *
Sarah purses her lips and frowns uncertainly.
Nora pours dark liquid from a large clay jar to a small clay cup.
But for a feisty young man in the old country, peace could never last. Each day as he watched the weaver girl, or spoke with her, the shepard boy would read and write. For the church of the old country was a powerful thing, and behind it's many masks crushed all dissent and freedom. So from village to village, from church to church, we spread our flames. Until the fire could spread no longer and the blaze erupted.
One night, as the conflagration blazed, soldiers came: looking for our shepard boy.
Lionel nods.
Artus smiles at Viktoria.
Sarah nods her head vaguely a few times.
He pleaded with the weaver girl to use her quiet, clever mind. Hide him. Shield him.
The two had grown up together. From childhood til' then they had spent all their days together. Speaking, or working in silence.
Cerise nods a bit while she reads.
Nora nods her head thoughtfully.
Artus focuses on reading choosing the right moment when people withdraw their heads.
She could do nothing but accept. So with her quick mind and quiet words she hid him away and persuaded the guards to part. The shepard boy was overcome with joy. She had saved his life. He swore to marry her, and make her the happiest woman in the world.
[ESP-GRAY]: A butterscotch entity asks (muffled), "Where might i find a scallop shell?"
Sarah tugs irritably at her loose white wool shirt.
You pull your small dusk-gray crystal pendant (opaque) out from under your loose white wool shirt.
You take off a small dusk-gray crystal pendant (opaque).
The hue of a small dusk-gray crystal pendant (opaque) shifts to become gray.
Lionel glances at you.
Then, as we close our eyes to sleep and wake to a new day, the years passed. With flames still raging the shepard boy fled to a great port city, from there to find the new lands.
Whilst behind him... the weaver girl's lies finally caught up with her.
Cerise gasps a bit, glancing in between the slate and Viktoria.
Viktoria pauses, and gazes out past everyone.
She never spoke. Of the troubles she received for her shepard boy.
But when she was released, or when she escaped with clever mind and quiet words, she came to the port city. And she came to our new world.
The Shepard boy had won himself a hero's reputation. His fiery words, that had helped set the land ablaze, energised us into building our people a new home. He was a famous man, and many thought him a great one.
But he remembered his promise, and as a man of honour and passion, he sought out his erstwhile weaver girl. He turned away all hands and lands, until his true love would be his.
Viktoria taps a rectangular writing slate which she is holding.
Artus lets out a sharp sigh.
At the cusp of dusk, on a bare and barren hill, they met. To the burble of a brook, and the quiet sounds of sheep, he made his deep confession.
Cerise leans forward a bit more, clearly in suspense.
The weaver girl was silent. Her mind so clever hid behind her eyes. His passion tugged at his heart, forced tears into his eyes, shakes into his hands, and poetry from his lips.
"Please. I have loved you Weaver girl. Ever since I knew you! Please, for we are as sun and moon!"
My love is timeless as the mountains and bright as the stars!
She replied, "What use is timelessness, to those who have already ended? What use is light, to those who cannot see?"
Then she turned, mounted upon her horse, and rode. Though his passion pursued her, he could not defeat her tricks with drive alone.
Lillian frowns.
There is another version as well.
Lionel asks, "Mm?"
Artus arches an eyebrow.
Roen wraps his arms around his waist, looking somewhat sad behind his blandness. He perks up at the possibility of another version.
?Hreidun? shifts on the couch, tilting her head inquisitively.
As the days turn into nights turn into days, the two met once more. The fiery shepard now transmuted into a measured, preacher.
Lillian tilts her head questionibly.
The Quiet Weaver girl had healed, at least a little.
Artus sighs.
Cerise is leaning so far off the wall at this point that she's just sort of doubled over, hands braced against her legs while she squints at the slate.
Nora glances at Cerise.
Lionel picks up a fine silver-capped ebonwood cane.
Lionel points his fine silver-capped ebonwood cane at Cerise.
She had grown to know the value of passion, and the beauty in perseverance. Out on the marches, they met again. And spoke again. Smiled and sighed and laughed again. And they were friends. Sun and moon each to themselves. And they were friends.
Lillian glances over concerned.
Artus turns to Cerise, worried.
Viktoria puts her slate off to one side and fidgets.
Viktoria shrugs nervously.
Neyah blinks.
Cerise is fine. She looks fine. She's just very into Viktoria's tale.
Lionel says, "She's fine."
Lillian nods.
Cerise rights herself, bounding back up to a proper standing position. Bringing her gloved hands together, she claps rather enthusiastically for Viktoria.
Viktoria smiles very nervously and tucks a hair behind her head.
Following some stunned silence from Viktoria's storytelling, Roen applauds alongside Cerise.
?Hreidun? claps firmly for Viktoria while humming an encouraging sound.
Lillian glances over at Viktoria.
Speaking to Viktoria, Cerise warmly declares, "Well done! Thank you for giving into Roen's peer pressure."
Viktoria removes a rectangular writing slate from her heavy canvas backpack (open).
Lionel nods.
Cerise flashes a playful smile and a sidelong glance toward Roen with those words.
Sarah applauds Viktoria with enthusiasm. A little too much of it, perhaps. "Well done. You draw nice Ts."
Lillian applauds.
Nora claps appreciatively, grinning.
I'm sorry that was very long and somewhat windy. I uh... I kind of made it up just then.
Speaking to Viktoria, Artus says, "You're awesome at that."
Lionel exclaims, "RIGHT!"
Lionel disbands his group.
That telling of it, that is. The story I've heard before.
Lillian says, "That was amazing."
Speaking to Cerise, Roen defensively says, "That was not peer pressure. I wished to be encouraging to those 'on the fence', as is said."
Artus happily states, "Everyone's on to love stories today it seems."
Cerise mmhmms over at Roen, a hint of mischief in her smile.
?Hreidun? snickers at Artus.
Lionel says, "It's very late. But no one is to leave."
?Hreidun? stares at Lionel.
Cerise gives Lionel a casual salute as she leans back against the wall.
You say, "We wouldn't dream of it."
Lillian says, "Tis the season for love it is."
Neyah asks, "Wait? Do I need to throw a couch at you to escape?"
Lionel points his fine silver-capped ebonwood cane at Neyah.
Lionel offers to recruit Neyah into his group.
Neyah joins Lionel's group.
I kind of wanted to make an anti-love story. But one that wasn't sad. So I liked that other version a lot
Nora says, "Oh. I had one, but then I didn't. Don't ask me where it went because I can't bring it back."
Lionel says, "Oh."
You look at Nora and shrug.
Lionel points his fine silver-capped ebonwood cane at Nora.
Lionel squints at Nora.
Artus grins at Nora.
Speaking to Lionel, Nora firmly says, "No. It's gone. I'm sorry."
Speaking to Nora, Artus says, "I'd believe that."
Lionel says, "Next time."
Neyah squints at Lionel's cane, her hand scratching at her a red fox fur scabbard. "I see your cane, and raise you a greatsword."
Nora promises, "Next time I'll find another."
Lionel heads west.
Frisbee

The Logs, Part III

Post by Frisbee »

Neyah exclaims, "Quick, run!"
Neyah gets up off a plush-cushioned long couch.
Neyah says, "Uh, you left me."
Neyah's supple leather choker displaying a bright-pink crystal (somewhat faded) pulses with a bright-pink glow.
Lillian giggles!
Sarah chuckles a little, but remains right where she is.
Within the lull, Cerise shoots the table, and the pie still there, a lingering glance.
Nora takes a drink from her small clay cup of dark liquid, finishing it off in one go.
Um. Could somebody tell Sarah I'm sorry? I didn't think to ask someone to read out my story until halfway through
You put on a small gray crystal pendant (opaque).
The hue of a small gray crystal pendant (opaque) shifts to become dusk-gray.
Lionel arrives from the west, carrying a cane.
"A rule of the art is to never end upon tragedy." Roen looks down at his cup. Full of milk, having been completely taken in by the story. "Good work, Viktoria."
Neyah exclaims, "Ooh, pie!"
Neyah removes a slice of emberberry pie from on a square pine table.
Neyah takes a bite of a slice of emberberry pie, then proceeds to finish it off.
Lionel exclaims, "RIGHT!"
Lillian looks at Neyah and shakes her head.
Speaking to you, Roen mentions, "Viktoria wrote she is sorry."
Speaking to Roen, you say, "Oh.."
Sarah offers Viktoria a smile. "Don't be. I'm sure you did well".
Neyah turns her head towards Lillian, wiping crumbs off her face. "Did I do something wrong?"
Lionel says, "First prize goes to --."
Lionel points his fine silver-capped ebonwood cane at Roen.
Lillian says, "No not at all."
You applaud.
?Hreidun? applauds.
Cerise brings her hands together in a vibrant bit of applause, smiling at Roen.
Nora protests, "That's not how you -- oh, well, congratulations!"
Viktoria applauds Roen.
?Hreidun? laughs!
Lillian applauds.
Roen stares at Lionel in thinly-veiled confusion. "Me. Are you certain."
Lionel removes a gold goblet from his heavy canvas backpack (open).
Lionel offers to give a gold goblet to Roen.
Lionel says, "Pretty sure."
Roen accepts Lionel's offer and is now holding a gold goblet.
Roen carefully examines a gold goblet.
Neyah picks up a fine silver-capped ebonwood cane.
"Huzzah!" Cerise exclaims, still clapping. "Congratulations, Roen!"
Is lovely. I liked all of them but yours was certainly very well done. Hrei's might've been my favourite.
Roen carefully examines a small clay cup of creamy white milk.
Neyah wields the a fine silver-capped ebonwood cane up into the air, mock cackling towards Lionel. "foolish mortal. You have dropped your weapon and its power is now mine!"
Speaking to Viktoria, Nora says, "Mine as well."
Neyah drops a fine silver-capped ebonwood cane.
Speaking to Lionel, Roen says, "Thank you."
Neyah says, "Oops."
Lionel removes a 10,000-riln Shadgard Mining Co. promissory note from his leather drawstring pouch (open).
Speaking to Neyah, Artus asks, "Well, you didn't come with your story, did you?"
Lionel offers to give a 10,000-riln Shadgard Mining Co. promissory note to Roen.
?Hreidun? blushes behind her mask until her ears tint again.
Speaking to Artus, Neyah says, "No sadly. Couldn't really think of a nice one."
Speaking to Roen, Artus says, "You deserve it for that poem. You made everyone in here follow along."
Lionel offers to give a 10,000-riln Shadgard Mining Co. promissory note to Roen.
Lionel says, "Second prize --."
Lionel squints at Roen.
Roen tries to raise a hand in refusal, but both of his hands are holding cups. He shakes his head in lieu. "No. Please, use such as second prize and bump up the other prizes. Or donate it."
Lionel says, "Oh, for --."
Lionel says, "Sure. Whatever."
Sarah gives Roen an approving nod.
Lionel says, "Second prize goes to..."
Cerise chuckles at Lionel.
Artus smiles at Lionel.
Lionel points his 10,000-riln Shadgard Mining Co. promissory note at Artus.
Viktoria applauds Artus.
Lillian smiles at Artus.
You applaud Artus.
Cerise flashes a smile toward Artus as she claps for him with the same enthusiam she did for Roen.
?Hreidun? applauds Artus.
Lionel swaps a 10,000-riln Shadgard Mining Co. promissory note to his left hand.
Nora grins at Artus.
Lionel swaps a 10,000-riln Shadgard Mining Co. promissory note to his right hand.
Lionel offers to give a 10,000-riln Shadgard Mining Co. promissory note to Artus.
Artus startles and shifts in almost like a jump motion, almost off his chair in disbelief.
Lillian says, "You did great artus truly."
Roen distantly murmurs, "I have little need for gold finery or other. I know another may enjoy such, however. Hreidun perhaps. Or another."
Artus accepts Lionel's offer and is now holding a 10,000-riln Shadgard Mining Co. promissory note.
Speaking to Lionel, Artus says, "Well thank you. This will certainly go to those it should belong."
?Hreidun? giggles!
"Congratulations." Roen sips some more of his milk.
Artus settles back down on his chair and gazes at the pies.
Speaking to Roen, ?Hreidun? quietly says (muffled by a mask), "I've no need at the moment."
Artus removes a slice of emberberry pie from on a square pine table.
Artus stuffs the pie in in a swoop motion, clearly hungry. Anything seems worthless compared to the pie in his hand right now.
Lionel says, "As for the the third prize..."
Artus takes a bite of a slice of emberberry pie, then proceeds to finish it off.
Lionel exclaims, "It's impossibile to award it. It is absolutely impossible. To hell with prizes. Sarah!"
Lionel points at you.
Still stuffy, Artus turns to Lionel to listen to the announcement.
You glance at Lillian.
Nora glances at you.
Cerise glances at Lionel.
Sarah did not glance at Lillian but at Lionel.
Speaking to Lionel, Cerise exclaims, "Surely it was Hreidun!"
Lionel says, "Er --."
Lionel exclaims, "Yes!"
Speaking to you, Artus says, "Who said you were without words? Rough outside eh? What a facade."
?Hreidun? giggles at Lionel!
"I knew it!" Cerise declares, bringing her hands together for ?Hreidun?. "Well done!"
Lionel exclaims, "Yes! Yes, it was! But it was also everyone else!"
Speaking to Artus, you say, "I haven't said anything."
Lionel says, "Come on."
Artus shakes his head, confused.
You decide, "Let's make a goblet out of iron. And out of tin. And whatever else we can.. Probably not steel. I reckon everyone deserves something or other."
Lionel laughs!
?Hreidun? ponderingly says (muffled by a mask), "A goblet out of steel... Hm."
Artus asks, "If I'm a ghost, will iron burn my tmouth as I sip?"
Speaking to Lillian, you recall, "You did not give Artus his."
Artus grins.
Speaking to you, Artus asks, "Give me what?"
Sarah said that to Lionel. She just happened to be looking at Lillian.
Cerise pipes up, "If you want to give me a prize, you can just give me one of those coupons." Flashing a bright smile to Lionel, she adds, "Preferably the fifth one."
Speaking to Artus, you say, "Your prize."
Lionel exclaims, "OH!"
Lionel points at Cerise.
Lillian smiles.
Lionel picks up a thick parchment package labeled "Add'l prizes at LT's discretion" (open).
Speaking to you, Artus says, "He did."
Artus waves his 10,000-riln Shadgard Mining Co. promissory note around.
Speaking to Artus, you say, "No, he didn't. There was a goblet."
Speaking to you, Artus says, "Oh."
Lionel says, "I forgot. There are coupons."
Speaking to you, Cerise asks, "Oh, right, the silver one?"
You nod curtly to Cerise.
Artus arches an eyebrow.
Lionel offers to give a thick parchment package labeled "Add'l prizes at LT's discretion" (open) to Cerise.
Cerise accepts Lionel's offer and is now holding a thick parchment package labeled "Add'l prizes at LT's discretion" (open).
Lionel says, "From my man."
Roen interestedly intones, "Coupons. From your man. What do they entail."
Cerise looks in between the package and Lionel. "Are you... giving them all to me? Or am I just to pick one?"
Lionel says, "Hmmm..."
Lionel asks, "Who's got a die?"
You say, "I have many, but not on me."
Nora shakes her head.
Lionel says, "It's a lottery, style of thing."
Artus asks, "The heck is that coupon?"
You say, "Oh, a die."
Speaking to Roen, Cerise brightly explains, "One is for an awkward hug."
You shrug.
Speaking to Cerise, Roen says, "I see. I excel in those."
You ask, "Just let 'em draw?"
Lionel nods.
Cerise makes as though to draw a coupon out of the package, eyes on Lionel.
Cerise removes an inscribed papyrus note from her thick parchment package labeled "Add'l prizes at LT's discretion" (open).
?Hreidun? giggles at Roen!
Cerise reads an inscribed papyrus note.
Cerise offers to give a thick parchment package labeled "Add'l prizes at LT's discretion" (open) to Lionel.
Lionel accepts Cerise's offer and is now holding a thick parchment package labeled "Add'l prizes at LT's discretion" (open).
Cerise puts an inscribed papyrus note into her heavy canvas backpack (open).
Cerise quickly stashes her coupon, chuckling to herself as she claps her hands together a bit. "I'm content. Thank you!"
Speaking to Cerise, you expectantly ask, "What was it?"
Lionel takes an inscribed papyrus note from his thick parchment package labeled "Add'l prizes at LT's discretion" (open) and puts it onto a square pine table.
Cerise flashes a grin over at you when she explains, "The picnic one. I thought enduring that would be a fitting punishment for Avan not being here."
Artus smiles.
Speaking to Cerise, you slowly reply, "Picknick. Well, I hope you enjoy it."
Lionel drops a thick parchment package labeled "Add'l prizes at LT's discretion" (open).
Neyah removes some seared deer meat from in a thick parchment package labeled "food" (open).
Neyah takes a bite of some seared deer meat, then proceeds to finish it off.
Artus arches an eyebrow at a thick parchment package labeled "Add'l prizes at LT's discretion" (open).
Neyah removes an inscribed papyrus note from in a thick parchment package labeled "Add'l prizes at LT's discretion" (open).
Neyah reads an inscribed papyrus note.
Neyah puts an inscribed papyrus note in an thick parchment package labeled "Add'l prizes at LT's discretion" (open).
Lionel smiles at Neyah.
Cerise suddenly lifts a gloved hand to hide her yawn. Shifting within her lean against the wall, she cuts a glance toward Lionel and asks, "Permission to depart, sir? It's getting a bit late for me."
Speaking to Cerise, Lionel says, "Salute."
"Thank you for your story. It was well told." Roen sits down after bowing his thanks to Cerise.
You agree with Roen.
Speaking to Cerise, Artus says, "Love yours. Stay safe."
Artus smiles at Cerise.
Nora smiles at Cerise.
Cerise points out to Lionel, "I thought this was a situation where I should bow and scrape."
Speaking to Cerise, Lionel says, "It was."
Roen turns to squint at Lionel.
Cerise flashes a smile over at Roen, Artus, and Nora before she looks back to Lionel. Shoving off from the wall, she does just that: flourishes a bow to the fellow, flicking her slate-blue boiled wool cloak cinched by a heavy pewter chain behind her.
?Hreidun? stares at Lionel.
Cerise removes a fine leather helmet from her heavy canvas backpack (open).
Nora blinks at Lionel.
Speaking to Lionel, Nora mildly warns, "Oh no no, do be careful, now."
Cerise is then righting herself and twisting her dark hair up behind her head before she puts back on her helmet.
Cerise puts a fine leather helmet on her head.
Lionel says, "Mm."
Speaking to Cerise, ?Hreidun? says (muffled by a mask), "Rest well."
Nora appears to be trying not to grin.
Speaking to ?Hreidun?, Cerise warmly exclaims, "You as well!"
Speaking to Cerise, Roen echos, "Rest well."
Cerise flashes a warm smile Roen's way.
You say, "Take care."
Nora waves at Cerise.
You wave at Cerise.
Lillian says, "Please take some meat for your teavels."
Cerise is about to leave when she hesitates.
Lionel glances at Cerise.
Cerise transfers the following from a thick parchment package labeled "food" (open) to a red wool drawstring pouch (open):
some seared deer meat (x5)
(5 item(s) total)
Speaking to Lillian, Cerise exclaims, "Thank you!"
Lionel smiles.
Cerise is now leaving. She flutters her fingers in a wave to everyone on her way out.
Cerise heads east.
That was lovely
Viktoria nods to Lionel.
Thank you for running that
Lillian says, "Yes it was."
Roen nods in agreement.
Nora agrees with Viktoria.
Speaking to Lionel, Artus says, "Looking forward to seeing whatever you come up in the future. You've been awesome holding this today."
Artus agrees with Viktoria.
Lionel smiles.
You agree with Artus.
Lionel says, "You're very kind."
Speaking to Lionel, ?Hreidun? says (muffled by a mask), "Thank ye for the gathering."
Lillian agrees with Artus.
Artus says, "Let's see what I'm gonna do with this bank note...hmm."
Lillian says, "Hey artus did you want that crossbow i have i have no use for it."
Lionel frowns.
Speaking to Lillian, Artus asks, "Eh?"
Speaking to Lillian, Artus says, "How much for it? I'm in."
Lillian says, "I was just goin ta give it to ya."
Roen carefully examines a gold goblet.
Lionel smiles at Roen.
Speaking to Roen, you apologetically state, "Sorry if it's a little dented. I made it."
Speaking to Lillian, Artus says, "Trade for trade. I'll give you the sum when I'm ready. But the money today goes to where it deserves to belong, where people need it the most."
Lionel says, "Everyone ought to have got to have got all the money in the world. And all the cups."
Speaking to you, Roen hastily reassures, "No. It is great. Thank you."
Lionel shrugs.
You nod to Roen.
Lillian smiles.
Lionel exclaims, "Sarah!"
Lionel exclaims, "Clean this place up!"
Lillian says, "Very well."
You say, "I'd wait till everyone's left."
?Hreidun? gets up off a plush-cushioned long couch.
Lionel says, "Quite right."
Lionel exclaims, "No!"
?Hreidun? curtsies.
Lionel exclaims, "Everyone stay!"
Speaking to you, ?Hreidun? says (muffled by a mask), "Thank ye for the work ye put into this."
Viktoria waves at ?Hreidun?.
Lillian says, "Im going to leave the food here for anyone that needs it."
Oh I'm just relaxing.
Nora nods to Lionel.
Lionel nods to Lillian.
Lionel nods.
Speaking to ?Hreidun?, you say, "I didn't do much at all. But thank you. And thank you for your story -- Er, song."
Can I give you a hand Sarah?
Lionel exclaims, "Never mind me. Never mind!"
Speaking to Lionel, you ask, "Never mind what?"
Speaking to you, Artus says, "I'll stay to help."
Speaking to you, ?Hreidun? honestly says (muffled by a mask), "Planning takes quite a bit. Twas both, I spose. Thank ye."
Viktoria agrees with Artus.
Nora frowns.
You smile at ?Hreidun?.
Roen puts a gold goblet in his leather drawstring pouch (open).
Roen closes a leather drawstring pouch.
Roen takes a drink from his small clay cup of creamy white milk, finishing it off in one go.
You say, "It really doesn't take all that much work. Just..."
Roen puts a small clay cup in his leather drawstring pouch (open).
Speaking to you, Lionel says, "Never mind my my telling you you to clean up."
Sarah makes a motion as if lifting the table up and piling everything up on it.
?Hreidun? muffles a yawn under her head and waves as she begins to walk "I'm off back ta town. Have a good evenin."
Lionel nods to ?Hreidun?.
Speaking to ?Hreidun?, Roen says, "Be well."
You nod to ?Hreidun?.
Speaking to ?Hreidun?, Nora says, "See you."
?Hreidun? says (muffled by a mask), "Same to ye."
?Hreidun? nods to Roen.
You wave at ?Hreidun?.
Speaking to ?Hreidun?, Neyah says, "Becareful of snare traps fox lady."
Neyah nods to ?Hreidun?.
?Hreidun? laughs!
Speaking to Artus, Lillian says, "I can grab that for you after we are done here."
Speaking to Neyah, ?Hreidun? amusedly says (muffled by a mask), "I hope none are set in town, then."
Neyah giggles!
Neyah says, "I wouldn't be surprised if someone did for the coydog."
Speaking to Lillian, Artus says, "Wouldn't mind you mailing it. I'm about to head off."
Artus stands up.
?Hreidun? looks at Neyah and shakes her head.
Nora recalls, "Oh, could someone give me boysenberry's name."
Artus says, "After I'm done helping with the cleaning."
?Hreidun? waves.
?Hreidun? heads east.
Speaking to Nora, Artus says, "Mack."
You say, "Mack, I think -- Right."
Nora nods to Artus.
Lillian nods.
Roen carefully examines a fine silver-capped ebonwood cane.
Lillian says, "Sure i dont mind whats your box number."
Speaking to Lillian, Artus says, "5189."
Nora says, "Thank you both."
You nod to Nora.
Roen carefully examines a broad clay jug of creamy white milk.
Artus asks, "How may I help you guys clean this? what should go where?"
Speaking to Roen, you offer, "Do you want the rest?"
Lionel smiles.
You remove a broad clay jug of creamy white milk from on a square pine table.
You offer to give a broad clay jug of creamy white milk to Roen.
"Are you certain." Roen stares at you, blank.
Lillian says, "Alright everyone i'mma head out everyone take care and please take some food I'd hate to see it go to waste."
Lillian stands up.
Lionel says, "Please."
Roen turns to perform a slight bow for Lillian. "Thank you. I shall."
Lionel says, "We will."
"Of course! We brought it out here for you, anyway. You can have it, if you like." Sarah offers up a smile to Roen as she says this.
If everyone is going to be heading out, and no hands needed, then I'll get to study
Viktoria takes a bite of an emberberry pie.
Roen accepts your offer and is now holding a broad clay jug of creamy white milk.
Artus smiles at Roen.
Speaking to Roen, Artus says, "Hey roen, um, sorry for missing the trip last time. I really forgot the time."
Speaking to Viktoria, Lionel says, "Hang on."
You smile at Roen.
Lillian says, "Thank you have a great one and be safe with your travels."
Speaking to Artus, Neyah says, "I thought you just fell asleep again when it was supposed to happen."
Lillian waves.
Viktoria arches an eyebrow at Lionel.
You wave at Lillian.
Viktoria waves at Lillian.
Lillian heads east.
Speaking to Viktoria, Lionel says, "I saw your post on the board."
About the sitdowns, right?
Speaking to Viktoria, Lionel says, "I should be interested in -- that. Yes."
Roen looks down at his newly-acquired jug. His attention snaps up and aside to Artus. "You worry of nothing. Knowing your intent to help is more than enough. I should be thanking you."
Speaking to Artus, Nora asks, "Wait, what one?"
Speaking to Nora, you explain, "I think he meant the memorial."
Nora says, "Ah..."
Speaking to Neyah, Artus says, "No, I forgot it was that day and forgot the time."
Nora says, "I am sorry I was not in my senses during that, then."
Speaking to Artus, Neyah says, "I did too."
Speaking to Neyah, Artus says, "I'm trying to keep my sleep medication going, mind ya."
Speaking to Nora, you say, "I thought you were there."
Speaking to you, Nora says, "I was, but I must have embarrassed myself."
Speaking to Nora, you exclaim, "You didn't, not that I know!"
Roen summarizes, "Lyra is alive and held captive by Matlal. We search for their presence now, but our friends are able to sense when they near. As hounds in the hunt."
Well we'd be very happy to have you.
Viktoria glances at Roen.
Viktoria raises both eyebrows in surprise.
Speaking to Roen, Artus says, "I'm happy hearing that."
Why is he holding her captive?
Roen quietly says, "Yes. As am I."
Nora asks, "I almost did not go due to the state I was in, but I had. Promised to?"
Artus says, "This matlal guy sounds like a complete idiot. Not that I know him. His first impression isn't good, that's it."
Speaking to Nora, Artus asks, "Your state?"
Neyah blinks.
Speaking to Artus, you say, "The labourer we met said he was power-hungry and evil. He's using this captain Lyra for something."
"I know not. Perhaps control over subjects. He is opposite to her in all ways: she sought peace, he sought rebellion." Roen gives Viktoria a weak smile. The best he can manage.
Neyah says, "I mean, he acts like the will of the resen with a personality."
Speaking to Artus, Nora says, "It's not really important if I did not make a mess there. I don't remember now."
Speaking to you, Artus says, "The first ever talkable infested I found said something about matlal being right. Even infested split sides."
Speaking to Artus, you say, "I don't see why they wouldn't."
Artus asks, "I still don't know what that girl refered to when she said matlal was right, about what?"
You yawn, "Loads of questions. Right."
Sarah walks over to the table and begins fussing with several things that are on it.
Artus says, "I may as well sit in the library reading some love story or something, just...dreaming, y'know, staying off that bout of flashback earlier."
But yes Lionel. Wished to come to the sitdowns then?
Neyah nods to Artus.
Lionel nods to Viktoria.
Speaking to Artus, Roen says, "About fighting against us. Humans, in general. We must contain them in certain locales to avoid widespread infestation. Granted clarity is rare and situational. Those like Lyra cannot affect all."
Speaking to Artus, Neyah asks, "To be mindless subjects of the mushroom?"
Artus looks around for some cloth to clean the table with.
Speaking to Artus, Neyah says, "He didn't seem to like Lyra helping many snap out of it."
Artus nods to Roen.
You pick up a large clay jar of dark liquid.
Speaking to Roen, Artus says, "I do admire lyra for that. Infested do have minds beneath the controling spores."
Neyah says, "The less aware resen might be easier to control for that one."
You drop a large clay jar of dark liquid.
You drop a large clay jar of dark liquid.
You remove a small clay cup of dark liquid from on a square pine table.
Lionel exclaims, "So to bed, everyone!"
You pour dark liquid from a small clay cup to a large clay jar.
a small clay cup is now empty.
Artus says, "May be that's what matlal wants, to keep his consciousness for power, to control those he knows will fall under the spore soon."
You put a small clay cup into your heavy leather backpack (open).
You remove a small clay cup of pale golden-brown liquid from on a square pine table.
Artus says, "And as we know, infested rarely harm one another."
You remove a canvas-covered iron canteen labeled "Very expensive - Do not drink!" (closed) from on a square pine table.
Lionel says, "Sarah and I must clean tidy up."
You open a canvas-covered iron canteen labeled "Very expensive - Do not drink!".
You pour pale golden-brown liquid from a small clay cup to a canvas-covered iron canteen labeled "Very expensive - Do not drink!" (open).
"Do you wish for assistance so," Roen looks between you and Lionel.
Speaking to Roen, you assure, "We're fine! Don't worry."
You remove a small clay cup of pale golden-brown liquid from on a square pine table.
You pour pale golden-brown liquid from a small clay cup to a canvas-covered iron canteen labeled "Very expensive - Do not drink!" (open).
Speaking to you, Roen blandly protests, "The jug of milk."
Artus asks, "Where's a good cloth for this table bleh!?"
Artus says, "It's a mess on here."
You chuckle.
You ask, "What about it?"
Nora puts a small clay cup on a square pine table.
Speaking to you, Roen says, "I wish show gratitude."
Okay then. Hope to see you there Lionel. And best wishes everyone!
Viktoria waves.
Lionel smiles at Viktoria.
Roen bows to Viktoria.
Viktoria heads west.
Artus takes off a knitted brown wool scarf.
Nora waves.
Speaking to Roen, you say, "You showed up. That's good enough, I think. He was worried that people wouldn't show up. You did, and you won first prize."
You nod to Lionel.
Finding nothing to clean the table with, Artus ends up using his scarf instead.
You close a canvas-covered iron canteen of pale golden-brown liquid labeled "Very expensive - Do not drink!".
Lionel disbands his group.
You put a canvas-covered iron canteen labeled "Very expensive - Do not drink!" (closed) on a square pine table.
[ESP-GRAY]: A fiery-red entity says, "Hey artus refresh me of your mailbox again please."
Lionel says, "I'll return."
You purr.
Lionel picks up a square pine table.
Lionel heads east.
Lionel arrives from the west.
Sarah Did not just pur.
Lionel heads east.
Roen carefully examines a broad clay jug of creamy white milk.
Neyah lifts her head, ears twitching. "I hear a cat!"
Artus puts a knitted brown wool scarf into his heavy leather backpack (open).
Artus says, "Bye table."
You pick up a large clay jar of frothy brown beer.
Artus removes an inscribed papyrus note from in a thick parchment package labeled "Add'l prizes at LT's discretion" (open).
Artus asks, "The heck is this one?"
Artus reads an inscribed papyrus note.
Lionel arrives from the east.
Lionel drops an emberberry pie.
Neyah flips herself on the couch, peering underneath it in search of hiding felines.
Artus puts an inscribed papyrus note in an thick parchment package labeled "Add'l prizes at LT's discretion" (open).
Roen's shoulders slump. "I understand. Thank you for assisting in organizing such event." He gathers himself and reaches out to pat your shoulder.
Lionel asks, "Who want pie?"
Lionel picks up an emberberry pie.
Roen carefully examines a thick parchment package labeled "food" (open).
You smile at Roen.
Lionel drops a slice of emberberry pie.
Roen transfers the following from a thick parchment package labeled "food" (open) to a leather drawstring pouch (open):
some seared deer meat (x4)
(4 item(s) total)
Lionel drops a slice of emberberry pie.
Nora picks up a slice of emberberry pie.
Artus says, "I'm going for real now. Not in the library. I seem to need open air."
Nora takes a bite of a slice of emberberry pie, finishing it off.
You nod to Artus.
Artus says, "Good luck finding me out in the forest if anyone need me."
Lionel nods to Artus.
Roen bows to Artus.
You say, "Mm."
Artus asks, "Anyone need anything while I'm out there?"
Speaking to Artus, Roen says, "Food from the package. Take some."
Artus says, "Thank you."
Artus removes some seared deer meat from in a thick parchment package labeled "food" (open).
Artus puts some seared deer meat into his heavy leather backpack (open).
Nora opens a verdant wool drawstring pouch.
Nora transfers the following from a thick parchment package labeled "food" (open) to a verdant wool drawstring pouch (open):
some seared deer meat (x5)
(5 item(s) total)
Nora closes a verdant wool drawstring pouch.
Roen carefully examines a two-piece oak amulet set around a pale-gold crystal (somewhat faded).
Lillian arrives from the east.
Roen blandly says, "If I did not thank you for organizing the recent library gathering, thank you."
Roen's two-piece oak amulet set around a pale-gold crystal (somewhat faded) pulses with a pale-gold glow.
[ESP-GRAY]: A pale-gold entity blandly says, "If I did not thank you for organizing the recent library gathering, thank you."
Lillian waves.
Lionel bows to Roen.
Speaking to Roen, you ask, "You're still here, no?"
Lillian says, "So i forgot you number so here you go."
Lillian offers to give a fine ash crossbow to Artus.
"Some took leave. I address them and those here," Roen nods to you.
Roen says, "And thank you to all participants and visitors."
Roen's two-piece oak amulet set around a pale-gold crystal (somewhat faded) pulses with a pale-gold glow.
[ESP-GRAY]: A pale-gold entity says, "And thank you to all participants and visitors."
Sarah nods to Roen in understanding.
Roen rubs under his eyes, stifling a yawn.
Lionel picks up a thick parchment package labeled "food" (open).
Artus just left.
Lionel drops a thick parchment package labeled "food" (open).
Roen says, "I shall see you all soon. Please, take care."
Roen bows at the waist.
Roen heads east.
Lionel nods.
Lionel drops a thick parchment package labeled "food" (open).
Lillian says, "Well so much for that."
Lionel picks up a thick parchment package labeled "Add'l prizes at LT's discretion" (open).
[ESP-GRAY]: A nacreous entity says (muffled), "I'll echo the same. Thank ye, the lot of ye."
Lillian sighs.
Nora waves.
Lionel says, "Right."
Lionel points his thick parchment package labeled "Add'l prizes at LT's discretion" (open) at Nora.
Speaking to Lillian, you recite, "His mailbox is five thousand one hundred and eighty nine."
Nora arches an eyebrow at Lionel.
Speaking to Nora, Lionel asks, "Did you get one of these?"
Lillian says, "Thank you."
You nod to Lillian.
Speaking to Lionel, Nora says, "I did not."
Lionel exclaims, "Well!"
Lionel swaps a thick parchment package labeled "Add'l prizes at LT's discretion" (open) to his left hand.
Lionel removes an inscribed papyrus note from his thick parchment package labeled "Add'l prizes at LT's discretion" (open).
Lionel offers to give an inscribed papyrus note to Nora.
Nora accepts Lionel's offer and is now holding an inscribed papyrus note.
Nora reads an inscribed papyrus note.
Lionel asks, "What's it say?"
Nora asks, "Who is A?"
Lionel says, "It's from my man Avan."
Nora nods.
Nora says, "It is about watering plants."
Lillian says, "Well im off again."
You snort.
You wave at Lillian.
Lionel points at Lillian.
Lionel removes an inscribed papyrus note from his thick parchment package labeled "Add'l prizes at LT's discretion" (open).
Lionel offers to give an inscribed papyrus note to Lillian.
Lillian accepts Lionel's offer and is now holding an inscribed papyrus note.
Speaking to Nora, Lionel asks, "Have you got plants?"
Speaking to Lionel, Nora says, "I... work for someone, but I don't have any of my own at the moment."
Lillian says, "Not yet im planting soon tho."
Lionel glances at Lillian.
Speaking to Lillian, Lionel asks, "What does yours say?"
Lillian reads an inscribed papyrus note.
Lillian exclaims, "Oh!"
Lionel asks, "Mm?"
Lillian says, "One chore/task of your choice."
Lionel nods.
You say, "Unlucky."
Lionel says, "Tell you what."
Lionel says, "Both of you -- Hang on."
Lionel drops a thick parchment package labeled "Add'l prizes at LT's discretion" (open).
You ask, "Both of whom?"
Lionel transfers the following from a thick parchment package labeled "food" (open) to the ground:
some seared deer meat (x14)
(14 item(s) total)
Lionel transfers the following from a thick parchment package labeled "Add'l prizes at LT's discretion" (open) to the ground:
an inscribed papyrus note
(1 item(s) total)
Lionel picks up an inscribed papyrus note.
Lionel reads an inscribed papyrus note.
Lionel says, "This one -- No, I don't like this one. He'll clean your inn room."
Lionel puts an inscribed papyrus note in his leather drawstring pouch (open).
Nora blinks.
Lionel shrugs.
Nora asks, "That's all, then?"
Lionel says, "Unless you want him to clean up your room."
You say, "There's one more."
You say, "Oh, but he took it. Never mind."
Nora says, "Mine isn't that much of a mess, yet."
Nora shrugs.
Lionel removes a 1,000-riln Shadgard Mining Co. promissory note from his heavy canvas backpack (open).
Lionel puts a 1,000-riln Shadgard Mining Co. promissory note in his heavy canvas backpack (open).
Lionel removes an inscribed papyrus note from his leather drawstring pouch (open).
Lionel reads an inscribed papyrus note.
Lionel offers to give you an inscribed papyrus note.
You may accept or decline the offer.
You arch an eyebrow at Lionel.
You drop a large clay jar of frothy brown beer.
You accept Lionel's offer and are now holding an inscribed papyrus note.
Speaking to Lionel, you ask, "What should I do with it?"
Lionel shrugs.
Speaking to Lionel, you ask, "Well?"
Lionel says, "Right."
You squint at the inscribed papyrus note in your hand.
Lionel exclaims, "Give it to whomever you like!"
You ask, "But what's it say?"
Lionel says, "Oh."
Lionel says, "Read it."
You read an inscribed papyrus note (Common Letters):
[This note bears an embossed butterfly in black ink.]
This coupon may be redeemed once for:
I will clean your room at the inn.
-A
You say, "Butterfly."
Lionel asks, "What?"
You say, "It has a butterfly! Look."
You show your inscribed papyrus note to Lionel.
Lionel says, "All right. You don't SAY that. That's a seal. A stamp."
You exclaim, "Oh!"
You ask, "It was the only one you had. Is it the same one?"
You read an inscribed papyrus note (Common Letters):
Lionel nods.
You say, "Alright! Well."
You glance around the area.
You ask, "I don't know, who wants it?"
Lionel exclaims, "I don't know!"
You carefully examine an inscribed papyrus note that you are holding ...
Lionel glances at Neyah.
Lionel glances at Nora.
You say, "How about I leave it in the crate."
Lionel glances at Lillian.
Speaking to you, Nora asks, "Could I read it and then decide?"
You offer to give an inscribed papyrus note to Nora.
Lionel smiles at Nora.
Nora accepts your offer and is now holding an inscribed papyrus note.
Speaking to Nora, you say, "I think it's the same one you had."
Lillian says, "I dont fair well to people in my room and i wouldnt be able to tell you who needs it."
You pensively say, "Nobody got the hug one, whatever that was about."
Nora says, "Oh, um, that one. I thought there... I got confused and thought it was another."
Nora shrugs.
Nora swaps an inscribed papyrus note to her left hand and an inscribed papyrus note to her right hand.
Nora offers to give you an inscribed papyrus note.
You may accept or decline the offer.
Lionel nods to Lillian.
You accept Nora's offer and are now holding an inscribed papyrus note.
Lionel says, "Right. It's exceedingly late."
Nora nods.
Lillian nods.
You ask, "Well?"
Nora agrees, "See you all. Things to find."
Lionel exclaims, "Good night!"
Speaking to Lionel, Nora says, "Goodnight."
You say, "Good night."
Speaking to you, Lionel says, "Give me a hand."
You can't do that with your hands full.
You put an inscribed papyrus note into your heavy leather backpack (open).
Nora says, "And don't forget the food."
Nora waves.
You wave.
Lionel says, "We shan't."
Lillian says, "May the stairs guide you home."
Lionel exclaims, "Good night!"
Lillian waves.
You chuckle.
Nora smiles.
Nora heads east.
Lillian heads east.
Well done to whomever made it this far. Sorry about the multiple parts.
Gorth

Post by Gorth »

Hint hint...we should do it again. You all inspire me to try my hand at writing story/songs again, complete with complicated rediculous emotes. Perfect for my primary!
:undm_scales_key: :shagerd:
Proud owner of the ten thousandth post.