Tiny, minimal, slight, flavor-inspired racial mechanical bonuses

Discuss the various peoples and cultures of the land.
nobody

Re: Tiny, minimal, slight, flavor-inspired racial mechanical bonuses

Post by nobody »

Giganti - Seconding slight cold resistance, it's perfect.

Nuum - I like the extra descriptors, but I have *no* idea how to handle that. Alternatively, as desert dwellers you could give them the camel perk of slight resistance to dirk kick, but only if the future desert area in game will periodically have sand storms as weather that dirk kick everyone in the room with the same frequency as getting soaked in the rain. (Maybe implement the dirt kick resistance cooldown before the sand storms though.)

Khaldean - I'd love to see 2% reduction to weight encumbrance, drag/push time, and heaving RT, OR just 5% reduction to weight encumbrance.

Rhuidim - slight cold resistance like giganti or low-light vision like Faewyr seem lore appropriate, though slight nether resistance seems more powerful and I'm not sure why. Or let all Rhuidim (even those without sorcery) be able to see (or otherwise detect) nether wells. Alternatively, though I'm sure it'd be a nuisance to code, allow them to sense when nethrim are in a room, even if they cannot see them (due to darkness or stealth).

Huecatn - love the slight disease/infection resistance idea.

Viali - I think an argument could be made for slightly increased morale bonuses (and penalties) from morale altering things (good or bad food, good sleep, death, etc) being physiological because brain chemicals, and currently more assumptions are being made about the universal love of emberberry pie over a properly cooked chunk of meat, so I think morale amount buffs seems pretty ok. For alternatives, I have a lore question: Is there anything physical that set apart the Viali from the Constantians? Or any noteworthy physical differences between Constantians and Viali from the older inhabitants of Arad?

Faewyr - love the low-light vision idea.

Fasa - There are lots of ways to handle the horse tie in, -1 mounting RT (probably too good), -3 mounting energy, being able to ride a mount even with 0 riding skill (probably ventures too far into cultural skill area), reduced morale penalties to mounts owned by fasa characters, or my favorite, reduced or negated morale penalties from riding rough mounts like workhorses.

Mixed - I'm leaning toward giving the racial bonus of the primary blood line, or if no dominant blood lines answering that bland choice with a bland survival benefit (+2% / +10 max energy pool, or 0.2% chance for getting +1 reroll on anything (akin to the morale bonus)). Everyone in the lost lands is a survivor after all.
tulpa

Re: Tiny, minimal, slight, flavor-inspired racial mechanical bonuses

Post by tulpa »

Fasa - There are lots of ways to handle the horse tie in, -1 mounting RT (probably too good), -3 mounting energy, being able to ride a mount even with 0 riding skill (probably ventures too far into cultural skill area), reduced morale penalties to mounts owned by fasa characters, or my favorite, reduced or negated morale penalties from riding rough mounts like workhorses.
I like the last two of these options most of all, since they suggest an affinity/connection with horses rather than riding proficiency.

Of the two, 'reduced morale penalties to mounts owned by Fasa characters' makes more sense to me. Building on this, the ability to actually see and estimate horse morale (put a figure on it), and/or livestock nutrition, morale and yield levels more precisely (cleanliness of accommodation, food preferences &c.), would be very cool for a Fasa 'racial'.