Greatswords!

The place to discuss combat gear.
Rias
DEV

Greatswords!

Post by Rias »

Metalworkers can now craft greatsword blades, which can be put together with a double-hand sword grip, sword crossguard, and sword pommel to create a greatsword.

Those who enjoy the sword weapon type and want a dedicated two-handed weapon (rather than the hand-and-a-half longsword), this is your guy. It has level-5 reach (like polearms), does twohander hack and pierce damage on par with the other big twohanders, and its slash damage breaks the usual damage factor ceiling of all other melee weapons, making it particularly great (no pun intended) for mowing through targets lacking in slash damage resistance.

Note: When the time comes that we see weapons with varying parry modifications, the greatsword will be the more defensive twohander by maintaining a parry bonus while other twohanders will have parry penalties. This combined with its incredible slash damage should give the greatsword a nice little niche to occupy and keep it distinct from other twohanders which will be clumsier and harder to defend with but better at punching through heavy armor.

Another Note: Yes, I'm interested in implementing half-swording at some point.
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO
Marcuson

Re: Greatswords!

Post by Marcuson »

I've already submitted a bug report, but attaching a sword crossguard to a greatsword blade appears to be bugged, as the parser returns no feedback when trying to attach the two.

Also: yay, greatswords!
Rias
DEV

Re: Greatswords!

Post by Rias »

Attach bug fixed! That's what I get for testing with a GM character.
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO