Various Quality-of-Life Suggestions

Have a new general feature to suggest, or think one should be tweaked? Share your ideas here.
Delphine

Re: Various Quality-of-Life Suggestions

Post by Delphine »

Every 28 seconds, the game informs you that it's raining. If you are one of the lucky souls with an oilcloth cloak, this equates to three lines of text given to you every 28 seconds in which you are reminded that it is, in fact, still raining, but worry not because your oilcloth cloak has saved you from a soggy fate! Serafina bless that cloak. I love it. But every 28 seconds is a bit much to be reminded of why I love and wear this cloak. I'd be happy with every 60 seconds, really. Or maybe even every 90.
You think to yourself, "I am surrounded by idiots and petulant children."

You experience a sudden flash of insight, as though you have an increased understanding of who you are.
Maina

Post by Maina »

I'm fairly sure this has been suggested before, but I'll suggest it again:

Please, for the love of all that is good, let crushing plants automatically move through a stack rather than having to crush one at a time. I think some other craft does something similar already?
Teri

Post by Teri »

Borrowing Kaiju's phrasing, a suggestion for armor encumbrance to be reworded as armor hindrance to clear up armor vs weight confusion given much have encumbrance in the phrasing currently.
Oh no, looks like I might die as I have lived. In the wrong place at the wrong time
ThresherAle

Post by ThresherAle »

Have DEPOSIT COINS work the same as DEPOSIT ALL COINS. I always try the first before remembering it's the second.
A black entity asks, "What goal is that?"
A sunset-orange entity says, "Gettin you to take a bath."
A black entity says, "I look forward to one of these boxes blowing up in your face."
Bonehead

Post by Bonehead »

I just want more Company functionality options. Promotion to ranks where other members of the Company can recruit people. Perhaps an option to transfer leadership. An Option to Kick people from a Company so they no longer get company wide mail, that sorta thing.
Wut?
Teri

Post by Teri »

For hooded things to add a little bit of warmth when drawn over our heads.
Oh no, looks like I might die as I have lived. In the wrong place at the wrong time
Volinn

Post by Volinn »

The ability to transfer all of a certain item type across your various worn containers to something else. Example: <transfer X from self to X>
ThresherAle

Post by ThresherAle »

Let us do NAMES SEARCH. That way when I name someone disguised as their pendant color and I see them again later undisguised and recognize their color, I can search what I named them while they were disguised and not have to sift through all the other names on my list.
A black entity asks, "What goal is that?"
A sunset-orange entity says, "Gettin you to take a bath."
A black entity says, "I look forward to one of these boxes blowing up in your face."
Delphine

Post by Delphine »

It would be helpful, especially for items bought from festivals, if when you used EXAMINE on the item, it would tell you if it was dyeable.
You think to yourself, "I am surrounded by idiots and petulant children."

You experience a sudden flash of insight, as though you have an increased understanding of who you are.
Frisbee

Post by Frisbee »

A couple of things.

Firstly, similar to a suggestion above, I would dearly like to be able to type mail alias search followed by either a name or post number and get a single-line result, instead of having to deal with dozens upon dozens of useless lines of spam each time I'm trying to figure out what somebody's mailbox is, or whom a mailbox is associated with.

Secondly, for very similar reasons, it would be extremely helpful, especially to those of us using a screen reader, if all the chilly/cold body parts shoed up as a single line in the output of a health command. For example, "Your head, neck, chest and abdomen are chilly."

Thank you.
Stop putting watermellons into the first thing you see that looks like it can hold a watermellon. It is most rude, because you'll only make them feel like they don't belong.