Various Quality-of-Life Suggestions

Have a new general feature to suggest, or think one should be tweaked? Share your ideas here.
tulpa

Re: Various Quality-of-Life Suggestions

Post by tulpa »

It'd be good to have a way of setting a default offhand melee weapon, perhaps with an additional argument for WEAPON MELEE. I'd like to be able to draw two spike-knuckles, for example, with ARM.
Marcuson

Post by Marcuson »

A command for looking only at what another character has in their hands. Sometimes, I don't want to see someone's entire outfit -- just what they're holding.
tulpa

Post by tulpa »

Mounts following you, along with any hitched handcart, when you GO VAULT with them in group.
Marcuson

Post by Marcuson »

The ability to order items by their brand. Maybe the brand could be treated as just an adjective. For example:

Code: Select all

order sunflower unguent jar
Volinn

Post by Volinn »

This isn't necessarily a quality of life addition perhaps, but I'd like the ability to use modify to remove the (keen-edged) tag from weapons in the same way as quality.
Taliaferro

Post by Taliaferro »

I wholeheartedly second the last post. Also:

put page in port
You'll have to take the thick leather portfolio out of the small round pine table, first.

Why?

put lock in 2 box
You'll have to take the polished oak box (open) out of the plain pine dresser (open), first.

Why?

l in 2 box
In the polished oak box you see ...
a bronze ring
a gold ring (x3)
a small forest-green crystal pendant (slightly faded)
a small gray crystal pendant (clear)
a small gray crystal pendant (dirty, opaque)
a small gray crystal pendant (opaque) (x16)
a small gray crystal pendant (slightly faded) (x6)
a small iron flame-charm
a tiny iron pyramid
an average blue-green lagoon opal
an average fey emerald
an average green and brown bloodstone
There is plenty of room left in the polished oak box.

get emerald in 2 box
Couldn't find anything matching "emerald" in a polished oak box (open).

Okay, now you're just lying to me, parser.

But seriously, I'd like to be able to put items in containers that are on surfaces or in other containers, and to be able to get items from containers within containers, too. It would help a lot with the fiddliness of managing inventories.
jerc

Post by jerc »

Giving this suggestion a bump here in the general topic.

Quoted:
Can the familiar get a wilderness speed boost? I feel like they shouldn't be slowed down by terrain, being ghosty and all. It's annoying being slowed down by the little guy when riding between locations, and it's also annoying having to merge/detach him all the time and deal with the sanity/energy loss. I'd love to be able to simply let him float along.
We still get the "You are followed by 1 familiar who you are slowed down by." message when they're in the group with you. Removing that slowdown feels even more relevant now than it did when I first suggested it for a couple of reasons:
  • There's now a faction city that doesn't attack them on sight. Before,when it was just Shadgard, you'd have to be merging/detaching them any time you were going into town anyway, so it wasn't so annoying to just do it before trekking across the wilderness. Now, you could conceivably just leave them out at all times if not for the slowdown.
  • It seems like they'll instantly jump to you from wherever they are, even if they're not in your group. This makes them being grouped with you objectively worse, since you still get all the benefits when un-grouped, and don't get the slowdown. I think this is something that's changed since I made my original post, because I can distinctly remember them getting left behind when I was grouped with someone else, and they didn't feel like going back for ghosty boi.
ThresherAle

Post by ThresherAle »

It would be handy to be able to PLANT items on other people from hiding. Having to unhide, plant, then hide again is a lot of extra chances to get caught and a lot of extra risk stat increase.
A black entity asks, "What goal is that?"
A sunset-orange entity says, "Gettin you to take a bath."
A black entity says, "I look forward to one of these boxes blowing up in your face."
Teri

Post by Teri »

For steal to auto target npcs like attack and other commands do. This would speed up my attempts not mistyping and decrease accidentally targeting myself or other characters typing single letters (This suggestion is brought by targeting myself three times today.) Bonus if steal targets an npc that hasn't been stolen from, since typing steal npc 2 would still be needed if more than one.
Oh no, looks like I might die as I have lived. In the wrong place at the wrong time
Taliaferro

Post by Taliaferro »

help woodworked items
========================================
From the wiki:

No exact match found. Try one of these pages:
Skill practice
========================================

help Woodworked Items

(and then it displays the relevant help file)

Not a big deal, but it'd be handy if this weren't case-sensitive.