Various Quality-of-Life Suggestions

Have a new general feature to suggest, or think one should be tweaked? Share your ideas here.
Lexx416

Re: Various Quality-of-Life Suggestions

Post by Lexx416 »

It'd be nice if there was a way to toggle accepting payments and auto-shared group loot automatically!
"You hear the Woses, the Wild Men of the Woods... Remnants of an older time they be, living few and secretly, wild and wary as beasts."
Volinn

Post by Volinn »

It would be nice to be able to set a lit lantern (or other light source) on something like a table and have it still light up the area, rather than have to drop it.
Howard

Post by Howard »

Could brachelyr consumption of meat be looked at? As it stands I have to drop a deer every two days or so, much more than pine cones/grass for my other critters. I don't know if it's them gobbling it up like the gobblers they are or the meat is spoiling, but it would be great to keep hunting for them to once, maybe twice, a week.
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

Howard wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 3:51 pm Could brachelyr consumption of meat be looked at? As it stands I have to drop a deer every two days or so, much more than pine cones/grass for my other critters. I don't know if it's them gobbling it up like the gobblers they are or the meat is spoiling, but it would be great to keep hunting for them to once, maybe twice, a week.
Raw meat spoils in a day, so no need to give them an entire elk's worth of meat as most of that meat is going to be left over and spoil at the end of the day. Brachelyr were deliberately designed to require more frequent care by giving them a meat diet, which requires daily acquisition of food rather than the usual stockpile-and-forget method used for other livestock.
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO
Navi

Post by Navi »

I'd love for our character screen to display whether or not they have mail to pick up. We receive emails if we opt into them when we receive mail IC, so hopefully this isn't too much of an ask.
wander without wanting, thrust into lands unknown. the shadows shift and change, and the worlds with them.
I'm not a soldier but I'm fighting
Can you hear me through the silence?
I won't give up 'cause there will be a day
We'll meet again
Howard

Post by Howard »

Rias wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 4:06 pm
Howard wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 3:51 pm Could brachelyr consumption of meat be looked at? As it stands I have to drop a deer every two days or so, much more than pine cones/grass for my other critters. I don't know if it's them gobbling it up like the gobblers they are or the meat is spoiling, but it would be great to keep hunting for them to once, maybe twice, a week.
Raw meat spoils in a day, so no need to give them an entire elk's worth of meat as most of that meat is going to be left over and spoil at the end of the day. Brachelyr were deliberately designed to require more frequent care by giving them a meat diet, which requires daily acquisition of food rather than the usual stockpile-and-forget method used for other livestock.
Thanks for the reply Rias. That makes sense, and as I read the explanation, I like that feature a lot. I appreciate your taking the time to explain, and am loving the gobblers.
Volinn

Post by Volinn »

Might be nice if 'stow' by itself would default to stowing away whatever is in your main hand.

EDIT: rather than make another post in quick succestion, I'll add this one here: would love it if we could put things on the ground, rather than just dropping or transferring them.
artus

Post by artus »

I'd love to see reintroduction of good ol grab, shuffle and pick commands for containers. We used to have a lot of fun coming up with games using these commands on Clok. I can see a lot of potential here with these commands introduced.
Also, thinking of deleting the original topic back there anyway. May I request visible bleeding when someone else bleeds? Some people who don't monitor the group well miss that.
Teri

Me/My

Post by Teri »

For me/my to be interchangeable in medical treatment and in other contexts like transfers and so on. My character often uses me instead of my in speech and I mix things up between treatment and transfers.
Oh no, looks like I might die as I have lived. In the wrong place at the wrong time
Pendulum

Post by Pendulum »

I would like to see a change such that the code bars you from attacking your horse.

Already, the code bars you from petting an agro horse/mob. It bars you from performing certain other actions as well, such as, you cannot take a hot item off the anvil and drop it in the floor, as would be do-able in real life. One cannot stab oneself, nor hit one's hand with a hammer , nor perform numerous other acts of self-injury, as one can in real life. Adding a prevention in the code against attacking an equine is not precedent-setting by any means. Like the code's response to "pet bear" - namely, "That might not be such a good idea" - it would definitely be a quality-of-life improvement for the code to respond to "attack mule" or "target warhorse" with the same "That might not be such a good idea" outcome instead of performing the attack or the targetting.

Horses are too expensive for people to simply buy them then attack them deliberately, and whenever one accidentally hits their horse, the code is unrealistic and doesn't reflect real-life animals forgiving their humans (yes, up to a point). Most of us who have owned a cat or dog at some point in time have caused pain to it when we accidentally stepped on it's paw or tail, and this doesn't instantly turn the pet in to an ever-angry foe. Also, we play in a context where no one is allowed to RP a sociopath who cuts down player characters simply because they want to act out as a serial killer. It is no far stretch to put attacking one's equine in the same category.
It's not hard to make decisions when you know what your values are.
- Roy E. Disney