Various Quality-of-Life Suggestions

Have a new general feature to suggest, or think one should be tweaked? Share your ideas here.
Kismet

Re: Various Quality-of-Life Suggestions

Post by Kismet »

Wooden weapons for Practice/Training that to 0 damage.
artus

Post by artus »

Could I request a mean to know if my corpse is being moved while I'm dead? It may be irritating to some, if I'm already moved and just keep ringing over and over because I don't know if anyone already finds me and stuff.
Squeak

Post by Squeak »

I thought there was something that pops up when you ring the bell and being transported somewhere?

Something along the lines of "you feel as if you're in motion". I could be mistaken, though.
Serity

Post by Serity »

Syntax after ordering, 'buy into <container>', so you can put your purchase away automatically into a specified container instead of the default 'stow'.

'buy using riln/coins' and 'buy using note(s)' to prioritize using that sort of money - for example, if you have a collection of riln you like to keep on-hand to pay the doctors, and don't want a quick purchase draining that.

Combine with 'buy into pouch using notes' or 'buy using riln into bag'.
Serity

Post by Serity »

A line in the 'look' description noting if someone is (disguised) or (costumed) would be helpful - perhaps mentioning that their eyes etc. are hidden from view as well. When someone newly arrives, if you 'look' at them, it's not at all obvious they're disguised without reading and parsing/understanding their equipment, if they have something like a bandana-mask on that doesn't actually modify their description. It only mentions "disguised" (or 'wearing an X costume') in the room description for them and nothing anywhere else.
Gorth

Post by Gorth »

Two OPTION related suggestions:

- 12: It would be nice if move-brief also gagged room descriptions when PEERing.
- A new option, to only display the targetable noun of an exit in the exits line, I.E.:
Exits: East, Library, Annex, Stables.
- It would be less verbose, for those who want it.
:undm_scales_key: :shagerd:
Proud owner of the ten thousandth post.
Lexx416

Post by Lexx416 »

I think it'd be really nice if EVERY weapon listed it's DMG_MAX on examine, not just ones that are higher or lower than the damage cap (ideally, if they'd also go ahead and list the damage from bonuses like heft, sharpness, strength, etc, as they apply to the person examining the weapon).
"You hear the Woses, the Wild Men of the Woods... Remnants of an older time they be, living few and secretly, wild and wary as beasts."
Serity

Post by Serity »

Display in your prompt if you're holding a lit light source. For all the stealthy types who forget once in a while that they're skulking around with a lit candle. You know who you are. (It's all of us.)
Teri

Post by Teri »

It would be nice to have a countertop or table to put letters or packages on while prepping mailing (maybe instanced?) in the post office. For the moment I drop things on the floor while referencing letters as I mail things off or organize things. A writing table that specifically lets you write on things while they are on the surface instead of in hand would also be neat.
Oh no, looks like I might die as I have lived. In the wrong place at the wrong time
Serity

Post by Serity »

'order [unmarked/unbranded] bronze knife' (and 'list search') - for when there's ten thousand branded bronze knives and you really want to buy the unbranded/unmarked one and don't feel like doing 'order bronze knife 1', 2, 3, 4, 5... until you find it.