Various Quality-of-Life Suggestions

Have a new general feature to suggest, or think one should be tweaked? Share your ideas here.
Jilliana

Re: Various Quality-of-Life Suggestions

Post by Jilliana »

It was suggested before, but I want to restate...

For foraging to stop when there is nothing ore to forage. I had my character foraging for at least 5 minutes without finding a thing.

It would also be great to be able to filter armor types in the market. As it stands, I got flooded with staggering amounts of medium armor when I was looking for light.
A command like 'list search light armor' or something similar would be amazing.
(Rias says, "Happiness is accepting your past as part of who you are.")
Karjus

Post by Karjus »

Jilliana wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:02 am It would also be great to be able to filter armor types in the market. As it stands, I got flooded with staggering amounts of medium armor when I was looking for light.
A command like 'list search light armor' or something similar would be amazing.
It isn't perfect, and I agree it would be nice to specify light armor, for now list armor search leather/padded/fur might give you a bit more of a condensed list than you may otherwise have been looking at.

To be fair, it might be a good idea to be able to search by a "base" item type, especially if alternative nouns end up being a thing for weapons/armor.
- Karjus

Speaking to you, XYZ says, "Never bother to wash it. It gets dirty again anyway."
Speaking to XYZ, you say, "I hope you don't treat your ass the same way."
Taliaferro

Post by Taliaferro »

Serity wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 2:52 am Adding the writing implement to various places both before and after writing:
It's a good idea, but for the moment, at least, I prefer the ambiguity of not specifying the medium. I want to be able to write on a piece of paper and do a watercolor painting, or put [The eerie arcane runes in which this note in inscribed are written in blood! Bwa-ha-ha-ha!] at the top of a note, or whatever, without the game contradicting that by telling everyone what it's REALLY written in.

For that matter, before pens and ink became mechanically available, my character frequently RP'd writing with a pen and ink. It would have been mildly irksome if the game had insisted on everything being written with a pencil.
Frisbee

Post by Frisbee »

It would be extremely helpful to roleplaying some situations out if there were an option to accept or decline payment/riln, similarly to treatment or offered objects.
Stop putting watermellons into the first thing you see that looks like it can hold a watermellon. It is most rude, because you'll only make them feel like they don't belong.
silly

Post by silly »

Having the LEAVE command require us to specify if we want to "leave circle" or "leave group". I noticed that some of us accidentally ended up leaving the group we were in, because the circle we were trying to leave wasn't there anymore. It's possible that people might miss seeing this and get left behind, so having the command work that way might prevent all that confusion.
Using your hands, you work at washing a wash basin at a wash basin.
A wash basin is now clean.
Maina

Post by Maina »

It would be nice to have the level of opaqueness on an ESP pendant be colored much like damage levels on weapons/armor already are, particularly when looking at someone.
Teri

Horse Retrieval

Post by Teri »

For horse related fleeing in the wilderness, I'd love some mechanic to find or call the horse over. Maybe whistling will get my horse over from some leagues away, or you hear a horse neigh in the distance, and failures could be based on animal/riding skills or trained with the horse over time (like barrel racing)
Oh no, looks like I might die as I have lived. In the wrong place at the wrong time
tulpa

Post by tulpa »

Have dye cases sort by colour category (headers for reds, yellows, browns, etc., as seen with "AURA all"), or be able to "DYE CASE SEARCH" by category, e.g. "DYE CASE SEARCH green" would show emerald in addition to keyword matches.
artus

Post by artus »

Have liquid orderable in fingers, not a whole mug/canteen/barrel worth. As of now, you gotta go with 24 fingers of milk in a canteen, no questions asked. (The innkeepers gotta be so mean.)
Frisbee

Post by Frisbee »

The ability to label things while one is dragging them - large pieces of furniture, most notably - would be greatly appreciated.
Stop putting watermellons into the first thing you see that looks like it can hold a watermellon. It is most rude, because you'll only make them feel like they don't belong.