Various Quality-of-Life Suggestions

Have a new general feature to suggest, or think one should be tweaked? Share your ideas here.
Lamia

Re: Various Quality-of-Life Suggestions

Post by Lamia »

Maybe scrollcases or canisters, something to contain scrolled documents, so that the materials are protected from damage and easily stored or carried. Bonus if they can be shoulder- or belt-worn.
You say, "Well, they probably use goblets, but better table manners are still no reason to join a bloodcult."
Taliaferro

Post by Taliaferro »

Delphine wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 7:54 am Given how many pieces of paper I have squirreled away everywhere IC, I'd love the ability to PASTE letter into journal and, using a new glue item from the general store, make said letter a part of the journal, on the page it was currently open to. Glue has limited uses, so riln sink. Game warns you if you're about to paste over something already written/pasted on that page.
This would be immensely cool. I've got about a million letters saved -- I'm a weirdo and I like to keep all the correspondence my character receives as well as copies of the letters he sends. For practical purposes -- so I can show other characters important or trivial letters, without having to fish through those million letters -- and also just for the sake of nostalgia.

I've been planning on transferring all of said correspondence into an IG book, but it's a daunting prospect. I'd love to be able to paste documents into a book.
jerc

Post by jerc »

Could the targets for stowing apparel when changing your outfit be extended to include recently-pulled handcarts and levitating containers? It would be nice to be able to change on the go without having to follow up every OUTFIT WEAR with a TRANSFER all FROM floor TO <container>.
Gorth

Nowhere to Expell my Muse!

Post by Gorth »

Simple request. Could we get papers in the Shadgard bookstore, like Mistral has? Perhaps we'd need different customizations, but otherwise the nouns could probably stay the same.
:undm_scales_key: :shagerd:
Proud owner of the ten thousandth post.
Janarc

Post by Janarc »

Picture frames!

I realized just now how neat it is to be able to hang things on the walls, and I have a few papers I'd love to hang but can't!
Teri

More Pie Woes

Post by Teri »

The ability to cut pie when it isn't in hand, or to be able to cut it and place it on plates already on a table. Currently ends up a bit fiddly without putting all the plates on the ground first while juggling the pie, plate and slice.
Oh no, looks like I might die as I have lived. In the wrong place at the wrong time
Taliaferro

Post by Taliaferro »

I might very well have suggested something along these lines before, and if so, I apologize. But could we please, please,please be allowed to pay an exorbitant amount of money to have the items in our inn rooms restored, after getting evicted?

Failing that, a longer grace period between the warning letter that you're about to get kicked out and your actually getting kicked out? Ever since my character's grown relatively rich, I've taken to renting my inn room out for very long periods at a time, but I inevitably do get kicked out and then I have to go through the whole rigmarole of schlepping all my stuff back. I would be absolutely delighted to pay a stupid amount of money to bypass this.
Reslior

Post by Reslior »

The ability to "save" different goals like we save outfits. That way we can have a "goals at 10" and "goals at 40" and "dodge build" etc. It would be a little bit that would go a long way for my active imagination and constant alt rolling. Then you could "goals set <goalname>" to have that as the one that toggles with skills.
Gorth

Post by Gorth »

Maina wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 1:17 pm

Code: Select all

task reject <task>
To remove a task from a task spot and initiate the timer for a new one to spawn.

I don't think it's really abuseable since you still have to wait for it to respawn, but it would be a life-saver for people banned from Shadgard presently and still occasionally useful for other people as well.

Obviously, it's ideal if you just aren't offered tasks you can't complete, but this would still be useful for tasks to places you don't want to go for RP reasons even if you aren't banned.
Bumping this again, because via bugs or crashes or etcetera, I've lost sealed packages for these deliveries a few times. Problem is..if I lose it, I can no longer do Long Distance Deliveries, which kind of sucks. I'd like this, plus the ability to simply drop the task, perhaps for a reset on the cooldown/double the cooldown, if you, for whatever reason, cannot complete it.
:undm_scales_key: :shagerd:
Proud owner of the ten thousandth post.
Karjus

Post by Karjus »

Most combat abilities I've tried, if you attempt to target something that isn't in the room but you're under attack from hostile targets, will default to one of those targets even if it can't find the one you've specified.

Feint and circle do not. It would be nice if they could fall in line with the others.
- Karjus

Speaking to you, XYZ says, "Never bother to wash it. It gets dirty again anyway."
Speaking to XYZ, you say, "I hope you don't treat your ass the same way."