Various Quality-of-Life Suggestions

Have a new general feature to suggest, or think one should be tweaked? Share your ideas here.
Agelity

Re: Various Quality-of-Life Suggestions

Post by Agelity »

I've noticed that when harvesting wheat it'll often create stacks of 20, which become too heavy to lift and place into handcarts (even when threshed and winnowed), which require an additional step of splitting into smaller chunks to place into the handcart. This stacking issue occurs again when trying to grind the grain into flour due to the hoppers only accepting a max of 10 grain but the bundles require manual splitting to fit into the hoppers.

QoL request: any chance the wheat bundles not automatically bundle up to 20 or, if they can, can automatically "split" when trying to transfer from the ground to a handcart? Or just allowed to be transferred as bundled (with the assumption that someone wouldn't be transferring as a lump bunch but instead in increments). Likewise for transferring grain from a handcart (or another container) to the hopper in the steamworks where it automatically can transfer up to 10 from the bundle and not require manual splitting in order to achieve the same results.
Teri

Post by Teri »

Turn off emails for mail sent to shelved characters.
Oh no, looks like I might die as I have lived. In the wrong place at the wrong time
ocayucos

Post by ocayucos »

The ability to automatically unlock and relock a door you have the key for when going through it would be really nice!
Pendulum

Post by Pendulum »

Currently, the market is burdensome to list through, and it must be doubly so for persons using screen readers.

I would like to propose that the Shadgard market be split into two, with a stall set up for gemstones and other luxury goods (I suppose that would include jewellery, trinkets, kitchenware, and smoking) for sale in that stall, then all other categories of items for sale in the main market. This would, for example, when typing in "list recent", enable one to choose to list the recent luxury goods in the stall, or else the non-luxury goods in the main market without having to list through the recent say, 43, gem stones that are for sale.
It's not hard to make decisions when you know what your values are.
- Roy E. Disney
nobody

Post by nobody »

Pendulum wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 11:57 pm Currently, the market is burdensome to list through, and it must be doubly so for persons using screen readers.

I would like to propose that the Shadgard market be split into two, with a stall set up for gemstones and other luxury goods (I suppose that would include jewellery, trinkets, kitchenware, and smoking) for sale in that stall, then all other categories of items for sale in the main market. This would, for example, when typing in "list recent", enable one to choose to list the recent luxury goods in the stall, or else the non-luxury goods in the main market without having to list through the recent say, 43, gem stones that are for sale.
You can use recent in combination with categories to get a narrower search: `list recent dye` will show only dye that has been sold recently.
Pendulum

Post by Pendulum »

Typing in "list <category> recent" 20-plus times in a row for 20-plus category types isn't a solution. It's more burdensome than what originally exists.
It's not hard to make decisions when you know what your values are.
- Roy E. Disney
artus

Post by artus »

Been out gathering stuff and came up with this: let's say you want technically every single forageable thing in the room and there're like three, fir bark, cedar bark, well, two types of berries, adding to 4 (just example). Would be nice to have soemthing like forage all to forage evey kind of resource in the room without having to type 4 commands to forage 4 things.
Teri

Post by Teri »

A suggestion for glowing druid tattoo's to have similar messaging to torches or candles when about to end. Something like "The glowing tattoos begin to fade."
Oh no, looks like I might die as I have lived. In the wrong place at the wrong time
Teri

Post by Teri »

A suggestion for the materials help section to be split up. For example, basic titles of cloth, leather, lithics, metal, wicker and wood under help materials, and something like help materials metal for the specific metal ones. Or help materials all to see the current list. I believe the current layout is a bit chunky text wise for screen readers.
Gorth

Post by Gorth »

Often times I like to roleplay out who I'm sitting next to. With built benches and things this is easy, because in the LOOK output it displays the order in which people sat on them. But for room built things like chairs in the Hearth and Home, it doesn't. Could an object display people sitting on it in order when looking, perhaps?
:undm_scales_key: :shagerd:
Proud owner of the ten thousandth post.