Various Quality-of-Life Suggestions

Have a new general feature to suggest, or think one should be tweaked? Share your ideas here.
Ephemeralis

Re: Various Quality-of-Life Suggestions

Post by Ephemeralis »

The ability to STEAL FOOD or some other categorization for STEAL that isn't just blindly fishing inside people's pockets would be amazing - even if it's JUST for food only. Sometimes I just want to filch a bit of lunch, not necessarily yank someone's family heirloom out of their pack.
artus

Post by artus »

Not sure if this has been requested but as of now, the only way to ignore channels is to log in a character and do it there, which means if you're at the log in screen, you can still hear those channels you ignore in your specific character and have to do it on every other character. You also can hear those channels when you're not logged in. Would be nice if channel ignore is account rather than character based.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Maybe there could be a bell at the corpse delivery locations that people could ring when they're going out to find a corpse so the dead people have some idea of how long they want to wait.
Maina

Post by Maina »

It would be nice to have 'travel X' queue with other movement commands. Sometimes I enter it in while moving (sw wander travel sw) but it tries to fire immediately despite movement still being queued. Also makes trying to write speedwalks a nightmare.
Maina

Post by Maina »

Hate to double-post, but:

Could skill gains of +0.00 be set to not echo when using showpractice?

Channeling is very very spammy presently.
silly

Post by silly »

The market refusing to buy soiled items.
Using your hands, you work at washing a wash basin at a wash basin.
A wash basin is now clean.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Some kind of notification in the main bar to let you know if you're not using a weapon in combat, similar to the one that lets you know if you're not wearing pants.
Teri

Post by Teri »

Something on lockboxes to show how many tumblers were on a lockbox. Most can probably assume it is a tumbler if a locksmith takes a bit opening, but I think people might enjoy knowing when they get a bunch of loot what kind of tumbler it came from. (and also help awareness the locksmith had to put more time/effort into it)
Oh no, looks like I might die as I have lived. In the wrong place at the wrong time
Maina

Post by Maina »

The ability to UNLOAD a crossbow.

Both for RP reasons (it is really bad to leave crossbows loaded all the time) and for mechanical ones (I keep wanting to check stats on my bolt but forget to before loading again).
Serity

Post by Serity »

- Make similar body parts interchangeable with the same aiming. It's really annoying to have to switch between chest, torso and body depending on the target within a single zone even though they're all the same sort of center-massy area. Other correlations might suit (left arm vs. left foreleg, lower body vs. abdomen (I think it's technically back but whatever), upper body vs. whatever), but this is the big one.

- Allow aiming at non-standard (existing) body parts even without targeting an enemy. It's annoying to have to do 'target mobname' first when it's the only one in the room and is the auto-target of circling and attacking anyways if I want to switch to targeting its body.

- Allow examining a rope (top and bottom) to see its remaining durability, now that we're getting more and more zones where a snapped rope means you're out of ESP range and utterly fracked.
Last edited by Serity on Tue May 02, 2023 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.