Various Quality-of-Life Suggestions

Have a new general feature to suggest, or think one should be tweaked? Share your ideas here.
Karjus

Re: Various Quality-of-Life Suggestions

Post by Karjus »

Be very cool if examining an item told us if you could dye it.
- Karjus

Speaking to you, XYZ says, "Never bother to wash it. It gets dirty again anyway."
Speaking to XYZ, you say, "I hope you don't treat your ass the same way."
Karjus

Post by Karjus »

And modifiable? Is that a word?
- Karjus

Speaking to you, XYZ says, "Never bother to wash it. It gets dirty again anyway."
Speaking to XYZ, you say, "I hope you don't treat your ass the same way."
Candelori

Post by Candelori »

It would be useful to be able to use the armor command on a target in order to see a list of their visible armor in the same way that it is listed for oneself when using the command.
My COGG website: https://candelori.neocities.org
You think to yourself, "I am tempted to henceforth refer to this as the Bicker Board."
You experience a sudden flash of insight, as though you have an increased understanding of who you are.
Delphine

Post by Delphine »

For those of us dorks who like targeting all the things in our emotes (For example: emote adjusts the sit of her @@gloves upon her hands while she listens to @black speak.), I've noticed that the code always seems to look for the first thing that matches the target in the room rather than looking on your person first, which usually results in a mistarget (in this case, a pair of gloves in the donation crate rather than the ones my character was wearing). Personally, I think it makes sense to search for worn/held items before looking to the room, but maybe that's just me. Also super low priority, of course. I can just do what I usually do which is just... type it all out instead of trying to target it.
You think to yourself, "I am surrounded by idiots and petulant children."

You experience a sudden flash of insight, as though you have an increased understanding of who you are.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Towels in inn room for drying off on rainy days.
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

Delphine wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 12:37 pm For those of us dorks who like targeting all the things in our emotes (For example: emote adjusts the sit of her @@gloves upon her hands while she listens to @black speak.), I've noticed that the code always seems to look for the first thing that matches the target in the room rather than looking on your person first, which usually results in a mistarget (in this case, a pair of gloves in the donation crate rather than the ones my character was wearing). Personally, I think it makes sense to search for worn/held items before looking to the room, but maybe that's just me. Also super low priority, of course. I can just do what I usually do which is just... type it all out instead of trying to target it.
Targeting priority is a finicky thing for sure, changing by circumstance and individual preference. In this case, you can use "my" to ensure it targets yours, or "notmy" to ensure it targets one not on your person. Examples:

emote pulls out a soft square of cloth to clean the lenses of his @@my_glasses.

emote glances incredulously at the @@notmy_glasses that someone has left sitting on the ground in a crowded marketplace.
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO
Delphine

Post by Delphine »

Rias wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 12:55 pm
Delphine wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 12:37 pm For those of us dorks who like targeting all the things in our emotes (For example: emote adjusts the sit of her @@gloves upon her hands while she listens to @black speak.), I've noticed that the code always seems to look for the first thing that matches the target in the room rather than looking on your person first, which usually results in a mistarget (in this case, a pair of gloves in the donation crate rather than the ones my character was wearing). Personally, I think it makes sense to search for worn/held items before looking to the room, but maybe that's just me. Also super low priority, of course. I can just do what I usually do which is just... type it all out instead of trying to target it.
Targeting priority is a finicky thing for sure, changing by circumstance and individual preference. In this case, you can use "my" to ensure it targets yours, or "notmy" to ensure it targets one not on your person. Examples:

emote pulls out a soft square of cloth to clean the lenses of his @@my_glasses.

emote glances incredulously at the @@notmy_glasses that someone has left sitting on the ground in a crowded marketplace.
Bless you! I never knew my and notmy would work with targeting.
You think to yourself, "I am surrounded by idiots and petulant children."

Firesong

Post by Firesong »

It would similarly be nice if construction folks could make different types of boxes. For example:
As related to this thread here, it would be nice if they could make letter boxes.
ThresherAle

Post by ThresherAle »

Powderhorns and their amounts showing in the AMMO command would be real nice.
A black entity asks, "What goal is that?"
A sunset-orange entity says, "Gettin you to take a bath."
A black entity says, "I look forward to one of these boxes blowing up in your face."
silly

Post by silly »

-Candy/cookie jars(or something that can store both.) for those of us that like keeping a good amount of them on hand. Having them work similar to dye cases would probably be helpful in reducing item bloat? In my head, they're PALM-able, small-sized ones, So I can sneak-eat during long, boring conversations -- and so I'm uncertain if they should be able to store an unlimited number of these things. Final say is definitely up to ya'll.
-A "blanket pile" item in Shadgard's warehouse that'd also work the same. We just take out the ones we want to use, and then put them back when done. So there isn't a big chunk of text for people to read, on peering/walking into the room. This is the only one I've seen so far, but maybe there are/will be other places where people want to lounge about on their own blankets?
Using your hands, you work at washing a wash basin at a wash basin.
A wash basin is now clean.