Various Quality-of-Life Suggestions

Have a new general feature to suggest, or think one should be tweaked? Share your ideas here.
Dennis

Re: Various Quality-of-Life Suggestions

Post by Dennis »

Extend the duration that molten metal remains molten slightly longer for ease of access to newer players and to make it slightly more forgiving for timing.
"Always remember that we are a community before anything else. Before being a 'game' or a 'world' we are a bunch of folk who get together to have fun."
jerc

Post by jerc »

It would be cool if attire was stored in containers specifically designed for it when changing outfits.

Clothing in wardrobes, armor in armor stands, shields and weaponry on weapon racks, footwear on shoe racks, etc.

I've now got this cool armor stand that's unused unless I intentionally transfer stuff to it after changing outfits since it's the last container placed in the room :cry:
Pendulum

Post by Pendulum »

It would make a whole lot of sense if there were a towel in the infirmaries with basins.
It's not hard to make decisions when you know what your values are.
- Roy E. Disney
tulpa

Post by tulpa »

A quick 'return to sender' option for items sent to the wrong mailbox/character that retains the anonymity of the original sender.

(Similar to something suggested earlier in the thread but with that anonymity being key, it's all handled by the clerk, or perhaps by the twilight eye?)
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

A restaurant/bar tray that will let you carry a bunch of full mug or sit down food items at once.
Guillaumo

Post by Guillaumo »

Do you know how heat can hurt a snowperson?

Maybe make it so that Rain can damage an Arcane Circle which is left out in the wilderness. This could make placement more important if you're using a persisting effect, OR, if you're like me and some other Arcanists, help when you draw a circle out in the woods and forget where you put it :)
Taliaferro

Post by Taliaferro »

Since the recent changes to livestock on farms, we can only lead out five at a time. I have, for example, eight cows. One of them is brown and all the rest are white. I can specifically target the brown cow, but I can't target a particular black and white one. Which means three of my cows aren't getting milked. This is bad for my experience, my pocket book, and the cows. Dairy cows need to be milked regularly, or they get uncomfortable, cranky, and sad, and the comfort of my text cows is very important to me.

Anyway, can we fix this, please? Either a command to LEAD OUT SECOND COW, &c, or a command to specify the leading out of unmilked cows. I imagine the same problem must apply to people who have more than five ewes or alpacas or what have you. It's been suggested that I can get around this by naming all my cows. But... I don't want to, and it'd be hard to keep track of, doing it that way.

That is all! Thank you!
Pendulum

Post by Pendulum »

It would be an improvement in the quality of life if we could pull clothing items (pull hat, pull hooded cloak, pull pendant, pull neckerchief, etc.) without needing to empty one hand. My character likes to have props in his hands while walking through town, and the need to put something away in order to pull a clothing item seems unbalanced with all the many other things we can already do with an item in each hand.
It's not hard to make decisions when you know what your values are.
- Roy E. Disney
Teri

Sorting animals in sheds

Post by Teri »

Taliaferro wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 11:03 pm Since the recent changes to livestock on farms, we can only lead out five at a time. I have, for example, eight cows. One of them is brown and all the rest are white. I can specifically target the brown cow, but I can't target a particular black and white one. Which means three of my cows aren't getting milked. This is bad for my experience, my pocket book, and the cows. Dairy cows need to be milked regularly, or they get uncomfortable, cranky, and sad, and the comfort of my text cows is very important to me.

Anyway, can we fix this, please? Either a command to LEAD OUT SECOND COW, &c, or a command to specify the leading out of unmilked cows. I imagine the same problem must apply to people who have more than five ewes or alpacas or what have you. It's been suggested that I can get around this by naming all my cows. But... I don't want to, and it'd be hard to keep track of, doing it that way.

That is all! Thank you!
Seconding this. It would be also nice if whatever animals were just recently led into a shelter were placed at the end to be lead out again as other animals are moved in and out. Currently the same 5 animals are targeted with lead in and out as general 'cow' or 'alpaca'
Oh no, looks like I might die as I have lived. In the wrong place at the wrong time
Lexx416

Post by Lexx416 »

A COOLDOWN command that lists all of your current things you have a cooldown at the time would be useful!
"You hear the Woses, the Wild Men of the Woods... Remnants of an older time they be, living few and secretly, wild and wary as beasts."