Various Quality-of-Life Suggestions

Have a new general feature to suggest, or think one should be tweaked? Share your ideas here.
Teri

Re: Various Quality-of-Life Suggestions

Post by Teri »

The ability to use speech like shouting while staggered.
Oh no, looks like I might die as I have lived. In the wrong place at the wrong time
Maina

Post by Maina »

Code: Select all

task reject <task>
To remove a task from a task spot and initiate the timer for a new one to spawn.

I don't think it's really abuseable since you still have to wait for it to respawn, but it would be a life-saver for people banned from Shadgard presently and still occasionally useful for other people as well.

Obviously, it's ideal if you just aren't offered tasks you can't complete, but this would still be useful for tasks to places you don't want to go for RP reasons even if you aren't banned.
Heron

Post by Heron »

All kills should give a nominal amount of experience even if you don't get skill training off of it.

High level warriors sometimes accompany other people just for fun. When those people return to town for healing or a break, we hop on our warhorses and run that long-distance package to Stormholdt and back, hopefully before our party notices. This was something I did before my leave of absence and I did it like twice again just yesterday.

It actively discourages grouping when our party sits at 100% and we sit at 0. A baseline of 2-4% a kill would be perfect. That way, you still have much better sources for EXP but you don't starve out while grouping with weaker folks. And you don't have to run off and jump through weird hoops to keep your pool going.
Pendulum

Post by Pendulum »

Currently, there are some items that are not saleable at market, such as damaged and cheap-grade (or lower) items. Makes sense.

Would also like to see the market merchants refuse to handle the following items as well, items with any of these (or similar) flags:

dirty
bloody
blood-covered
gory
fetid

For obvious reasons of realism, to also make sense.

Also, I would like to see the market refuse to purchase portfolios. These items are bound to the original purchaser and are unusable by any one else. As it stands, having these for sale at market serves only to dupe newcomers into thinking they can save a bit of precious riln, only to find out the portfolio is a dud to them.
It's not hard to make decisions when you know what your values are.
- Roy E. Disney
Maina

Post by Maina »

Allow use of 'dry' if there is a towel in a container in the room, rather than having to hold it (since you can do that in bathhouses anyway).

Or have a special furniture item that allows this (so the code only has to search one item) if there is a towel on it.
Janarc

Post by Janarc »

Would it be possible to target PC corpses by name?

At the moment, you can't 'drag PC' to drag their corpse, or even look at them. You have to find the right base keyword, or figure out which corpse number it is.
Delphine

Post by Delphine »

I'm sure this has been suggested before somewhere, but might we consider giving a bit of XP gain from pulling stumps? I always feel guilty holding people hostage for pulling stumps, knowing they're not getting anything out of it besides that warm fuzzy feeling from helping the Dominion prosper.

:bathal_gauntlet_rod:
You think to yourself, "I am surrounded by idiots and petulant children."

You experience a sudden flash of insight, as though you have an increased understanding of who you are.
silly

Post by silly »

Unsure if this is the right place to make this suggestion, but could we possibly get something similar to the command from the old game that gives us a little idea of our chances of successfully stealing from a target?
Using your hands, you work at washing a wash basin at a wash basin.
A wash basin is now clean.
Teri

Post by Teri »

The ability to knap rocks into smaller ones, for very important snowman building purposes.
Oh no, looks like I might die as I have lived. In the wrong place at the wrong time
nobody

Post by nobody »

Teri wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 12:28 pm The ability to knap rocks into smaller ones, for very important snowman building purposes.
Or alternatively the ability to forage small rock to just get the correct size like is possible for branches.