Roles!

Share about your character, or get help brainstorming a concept, skill setup, backstory ... all that fun stuff!
Dennis

Roles!

Post by Dennis »

• Blacksmith
  • Tailor
  • Woodcutter
  • Fisherman
  • Farmer
  • Fighter
  • Weaver
  • Miner
  • Woodworker
  • Surgeon
  • Locksmith
  • Rancher/Beekeeper
  • Cook
  • Brewer
  • Potter
  • Herbalist
  • Hunter/skinner
  • Leatherworker
  • Mason
  • Carpenter
What kind of shoes are you excited to fill? Me personally, I'd love to be a renowned chef and/or restaurant owner. Though I'm still working out what kind of angle I'd like to tackle it from.
"Always remember that we are a community before anything else. Before being a 'game' or a 'world' we are a bunch of folk who get together to have fun."
Spearman

Re: Roles!

Post by Spearman »

Ask me 6 months ago and it's 100% blacksmith/miner.

Now? Lapidary with minor mining and locksmithing.
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

I'd say, but I might end up actually making a character and doing it, and I don't want anyone to know it's me. It does involve a smattering of skills with nothing especially mastered, though. No crippling over-specialization for me!
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO
ocayucos

Post by ocayucos »

If it's like Somnium I plan to be a diver. Diving for mussels and stuff was so cool! I'm still holding onto my dream of being a ship's captain, too. I'll have some combat to keep the respect of the crew but not mastered or anything, and some other skills I won't give away OOC. I see several roles on that list I'll want to recruit.
Agelity

Post by Agelity »

Definitely looking into a more physician type of role, so a focus on herbalism and medical most likely, but we'll see where things are once the game's actually open to players since I can only speculate as to what abilities are available and will be available. I'd love to actually get around to playing a legitimate "healer" in a game without having to resort to some type of "magical" power or ability to do so, which many games seem to sort of force you into being in order to mechanically play that type of role.
Lexx416

Post by Lexx416 »

I just wanna be a slightly dour druidy-ranger type. I'm not entirely sure what role(s) from this list I'll be able to assist in or fill yet, though! Mostly depends on things like abilities, guilds, so on and so forth.
"You hear the Woses, the Wild Men of the Woods... Remnants of an older time they be, living few and secretly, wild and wary as beasts."
preiman

Post by preiman »

Since I have decided that my character is going to be part of the Canavan line, either maric's elderly son, or his grandson, still not sure yet, he's going to be a fighter, likely with an extreme level of skill, probably with very few skills outside it, barring those skills one has to have, just to get to the places where people need protecting or evil needs putting down. not sure yet if that means I want him to join the church or not.
Karjus

Post by Karjus »

Going combat, for sure. With a little extra spice. Find out what, or not.
- Karjus

Speaking to you, XYZ says, "Never bother to wash it. It gets dirty again anyway."
Speaking to XYZ, you say, "I hope you don't treat your ass the same way."
Jaster

Post by Jaster »

A deft-fingered fisher of men.
Xariff

Post by Xariff »

A sentient taco from the ancient lands of yore here to find his father.