Tse Gaiyan Meetings

Guardians of the Fifth Wind, dedicated to the containment of the resen-infestation.
Squeak

Tse Gaiyan Meetings

Post by Squeak »

Posted on the Board in the Chapterhouse's Meeting Board:
Members: We will be having a meeting on Kingsday, the 21st of Augum at approximately 7 bells past zenith for those who can make it. We will have a brief moment for introductions before opening the floor for discussions on the Resen problems facing the lands - please bring any information you have on the subject as it will all be collated into a single book for addition to our libraries. After, time pending, we'll touch upon short and long term goals for the Chapterhouse and how we can assist make these goals happen. Reach out to Chimaera Deranai with any questions. Dogwood-Rose, #6857.

(This was posted back on Monday the 14th, and I hesitated to put it on the boards - I couldn't decide if it should be kept IC or posted on the board as well. Still on the fence about it)
artus

Re: Tse Gaiyan Meetings

Post by artus »

Both is fine. Usually events that need gaining notoriety are posted on the forum, though I'm not sure if it should be here or in player run events. I'd post in player run events, but that may be the me thing. This one's more for lore/gameplay discussion and stuff.

Also, my ooc memory these days is severely bad, sorry bout that. I'll try to make it though if I don't forget.
Frisbee

Post by Frisbee »

I used to be pretty on the fence about such things myself, but after a recent roundtable during which we got the dev's clear opinion on it I'd say it is fine posting about it on the BBs. Since this meeting pertains to this society in particular, I'd also say it belongs in this section and not player-run events.

In any case, hope everything goes to plan.
Stop putting watermellons into the first thing you see that looks like it can hold a watermellon. It is most rude, because you'll only make them feel like they don't belong.
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

I think posting in-game and then posting about it here on the BBS as well (while pointing out where it was posted in-game) is a great way to get maximum notice out! It lets people know Things Are Happening and is a great way to involve less-active people and encourage more in-game activity overall. And no need to stress over which exact BBS topic to put it in, though I do think here on the Tse Gaiyan board was the ideal choice for this one. Hoping I can at least be able to stop by and spy!
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO
Squeak

Post by Squeak »

Posted on the Chapterhouse's Meeting Board:
Chapter House Meeting Board wrote:With all the turbulent times at hand, I would like to host another meeting of peers, perhaps on the second week of Desumbar if possible. Aside from any news on the infested front (of which my studies have been lax of late), I would like to broach the topics of Mistral (frmrly. The Dominion), the Church of Light, and how we can assist these groups as the situations in the lands progresses. I'm sure there are a few new members to introduce as well. Please respond to #6857 with availability in the coming weeks, or post here. - Chimaera Deranai, dogwood-rose.
It is further been updated with:
Meeting is tentatively set for Desumbar the 12th at 10 bells ante-zenith. Should anyone be unable to make it at such a time, I will be happy to have a second meeting for later in that afternoon to touch upon the topics listed.

OOC: I'm still trying to figure out the best times to have meetings for members, hence the odd timing of this one in comparison to the previous. Got to find that sweet spot for folks on the other side of the world, too!
Squeak

Post by Squeak »

As posted on the Tse Gaiyan Message boards:
Tse Gaiyan Message Board wrote:Due to unforseen circumstances, I'll be needing to postpone the aforementioned meeting to two bells post-zenith. - C. Deranai, Dogwood-Rose, #6857

((Work posted a sudden meeting for four hours ... right over the time I'd set aside for this meeting. Sorry peeps!))
artus

Post by artus »

Are you still going to provide belated catchup meeting for those who can't make it? Because if it's 2 server time, I definitely can't because it's 4 in the morn my time and I'll likely be asleep. Can't set an alarm either because I share a room with mom. It'd be nice if you still could, but also fine if you couldn't.
Frisbee

Post by Frisbee »

artus wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 1:02 am Are you still going to provide belated catchup meeting for those who can't make it? Because if it's 2 server time, I definitely can't because it's 4 in the morn my time and I'll likely be asleep. Can't set an alarm either because I share a room with mom. It'd be nice if you still could, but also fine if you couldn't.
Yes.
Stop putting watermellons into the first thing you see that looks like it can hold a watermellon. It is most rude, because you'll only make them feel like they don't belong.