Shadow Familiar Grouping

The harnessing and manipulation of nether.
Maina

Shadow Familiar Grouping

Post by Maina »

So - dealing with Shadow Familiars in groups is a little buggy and kind of frustrating at times.

To join a group, you need to disband the group with the familiar before you can. If you do it this way, there is a lag in the familiar's movements - I suspect it's not joining the new leader's group.

You can avoid this by having the other party join you and then transferring leadership - then the familiar is in the group properly and can keep up. But this is also kind of a pain.

I wonder if it might be better for Shadow Familiars to simply not attempt to group up but have zero movement lag - so they can always keep up with their creator without needing to be part of the group?

Though that may cause issues with area effects, like the new Minor Haunting. I don't know. I'm just always missing joining groups because I miss the 'you're already in a group' message, making people wait on me to notice I missed it, and it feels like it makes grouping with me a little more unappealing.
Dennis

Re: Shadow Familiar Grouping

Post by Dennis »

An alternative suggestion: Give them horse-grouping, where they're in your group but detach and attach to the group like a led horse does. This is a best of both worlds scenario (though... horses... have... certain bugs because of this feature.)
"Always remember that we are a community before anything else. Before being a 'game' or a 'world' we are a bunch of folk who get together to have fun."