Aprons & Protective Clothing

Have a new general feature to suggest, or think one should be tweaked? Share your ideas here.
tulpa

Aprons & Protective Clothing

Post by tulpa »

Has the idea of aprons (or other safety equipment) being required for certain crafting activities been shelved?

I'm not very concerned, if so! Though I'd quite like to see people who wear them receive some mild benefit for doing so. Perhaps they're able to work more quickly and easily because they've got the right gear on? Or something along these lines: if players aren't wearing a helmet when they enter the mine, for example, they get a gruff rebuke from Lem/Ralston/Lem Ralston as they pass.
tulpa

Re: Aprons & Protective Clothing

Post by tulpa »

Oh! I forgot to add the initial reason for posting. Aprons don't seem to protect clothing from getting dirty, for example when characters are cleaning out the stables. That'd certainly be appreciated!
Prism

Re: Aprons & Protective Clothing

Post by Prism »

I’d also love this.

The possibility of Trade skill accidents in general is kinda neat. Metalworking, metalcasting, construction, leatherworking— all of these could hurt you in miscellaneous ways. But even lacking this, I’m fully in support of what was stated above, as well. Minor benefits for people who choose to use the protective gear.
"The sky, above the clouds; A rainbow that fate has devoured
I gave up Hope
But I'm not going to be lost tomorrow; Even if it is hell
I'm gonna' crawl. "