Breaking the Mold

Share about your character, or get help brainstorming a concept, skill setup, backstory ... all that fun stuff!
Gorth

Breaking the Mold

Post by Gorth »

I like mold breaking characters, who take a system with some information about classes or skills and does it just a little different. I like all characters, really, if they're told right, but I'm curious if any of you have anything like this.

Does your character operate within their class, skills, abilities, et cetera in your mind a little, or a lot, differently than the information regarding those things might say?
:undm_scales_key: :shagerd:
Proud owner of the ten thousandth post.
Gorth

Re: Breaking the Mold

Post by Gorth »

Caius is...well...he's a little hard to say. I think he's pretty typical of a Dreadnought, and the only mold-breaking I feel that occurs is in my head; because I want to be a little different. The focus on armor within Dreadnoughts is a little more than I think meshes with the idea of the guy, mostly just because he is, first and foremost, a fencer. But that's it, really. I like to think he's a little more finesse based than most are.
:undm_scales_key: :shagerd:
Proud owner of the ten thousandth post.
Jilliana

Re: Breaking the Mold

Post by Jilliana »

For my part, I play all of my characters exactly so until I find my footing and start to stray a bit.

I struggle with Leiana the most in some ways. She is a loner in some ways and very social in others. The preference to fight alone is a big example of very much being a loner. She only fights with others if they ask her along or if she's asked to guard. She is also developing a taste for mounted combat and people seem to be surprised at this. If only shield bash can be done from horseback...

I have always taken abilities and skills to be strong suggestions rather than requirements for the most part. We'd be identical otherwise.
(Rias says, "Happiness is accepting your past as part of who you are.")