Incentive to RENT

Have a new general feature to suggest, or think one should be tweaked? Share your ideas here.
Dennis1

Incentive to RENT

Post by Dennis1 »

I was thinking that a good incentive to make people rent inn rooms was if logging off in a bed continued to make the exp bucket decrease, because you're having a good rest while you're away. This will decrease vagrancy and encourage home renters hip.
Rias
DEV

Re: Incentive to RENT

Post by Rias »

I'm a little wary of giving people less incentive to actually be logged into the game with something like this.

I will say that renting inn rooms does give some decent benefits already, I think.
- Morale bonuses for logging out while lying on a comfortable bed
- Convenient storage space (note: the inn rooms are 100% janitor-proof, including the floor)
- Privacy

That said, I do like thinking about more that could be added to inn room perks, so suggest away!
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO
Dennis1

Post by Dennis1 »

What about including a towel to dry off with inside the room, since we're intended to use it as our main bathing area?
Xandrea

Post by Xandrea »

I'm a bit of an evil contrarian but, I'll keep this as far as I can. The morale increase is great but, only when there's no physicers online. (I'm far enough along that for the most part I can ignore a low sanity.etc though I've a feeling that will change before long.)

As for a convenient storage medium, it's more expensive than three or four visits to my vault. Aquiring money can be easy but, I don't retain it well. If money burns holes in pockets then my pockets are literally bottomless and can't hold anything lol.

I buy things that I see are necessary or atleast of use to further a goal. (All of my riln goes to either equipment or sheep wool.) So the reason I don't ever rent an inn room is because I've not found a reason to necessitate it. In the 'other' Mud I stopped renting because I'd end up spending all of my money buying back my items since I would very easily forget to renew the time.

If I weren't draining my riln on a profession then maybe I'd think to afford the luxury of an inn room but, as of current I can't find a reason to include it within my expenses. Or maybe I'm just a super stingey person and don't realize it yet?

Regardless I do see some people that are just idled for a long time (likely waiting on that bucket) I don't believe in inscentivizing people to not play the game. Though I won't log out when I goto sleep just so that bucket drains. It would keep people off the streets at least and if it drains just as slowly as it does when we're logged in then some people like me would actually use an inn room when logging out. I would really encourage this idea even if it's only half or a quarter the speed of actively being in the game. (So it it took 2-4 hours t obtain the whole bucket being logged off I think that would balance it out. Sleeping helps sort ya out.
How many Sorcerers does it take to read a book?
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

I think it's okay if some people don't feel the need to rent inn rooms, as long as there are perks involved that mean the feature gets used by at least a decent amount of people.

I'm still leaning away from the idea of bucket drain when not logged into the game, though. Any other ideas for useful inn room features?
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO
Lexx416

Post by Lexx416 »

Being able to get mail forwarded to your room would be nice. Even if it was an extra service/had a fee attached. Being able to leave messages for people in Innrooms would be pretty neat, too.
"You hear the Woses, the Wild Men of the Woods... Remnants of an older time they be, living few and secretly, wild and wary as beasts."
Dennis1

Post by Dennis1 »

Room service? The ability to order food delivered to your inn room, even if it's overpriced food that doesn't provide any bonuses.