Lockpick Selection

Have a new general feature to suggest, or think one should be tweaked? Share your ideas here.
Rilulth

Lockpick Selection

Post by Rilulth »

With the chance of getting fancy lockpicks from boxes now, give locksmiths the option to SET LOCKPICK to pick which pick they want to use.

Playing my treasure hunter and wearing through my fancy higher quality lockpick because I didn't realise it had swapped with my average bronze one made me sad :(
tulpa —
If we ever get player housing, Mistralite houseshares are going to be full of this stuff. "Damnit who let the thousand-year old angry venomous moths out of their velvet pouch again?"
Frisbee

Re: Lockpick Selection

Post by Frisbee »

Yes please. And thank you.

It's already doable by putting the rarer ones into different containers, but I don't know that it would realistically make sense having 27 different places to put my lockpicks in. So this would be a real quality of life change!
Stop putting watermellons into the first thing you see that looks like it can hold a watermellon. It is most rude, because you'll only make them feel like they don't belong.
Serity

Post by Serity »

I'll just add a small note that it should prioritize lockpicks in your hand, so you don't have to re-adjust the setting every time you want to pull out the big guns, but otherwise I very much agree with this. I refuse to carry my better lockpicks just because I don't want to fail to notice that the game selected my good ones to use.
silly

Post by silly »

I usually tend to use one lockpick until it breaks, so being able to set a lockpick would be a big help. Not having to rearrange picks in a container, so that I don't accidentally use ones that I don't want to, would be nice, too.
Using your hands, you work at washing a wash basin at a wash basin.
A wash basin is now clean.