Dancing

If the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, discuss it here.
Shaula

Dancing

Post by Shaula »

I was looking at what to spend my remaining points on and saw dancing, and was wondering what it would be used for.
Rias
DEV

Re: Dancing

Post by Rias »

Good question! This is one of the skills I almost removed because I couldn't think of a whole lot to use it for, but I think I'll keep it, because it has a few potential uses I really like. Including:

- Unlocking various RP uses of the command.
- A performing skill that can be used to make some money from NPC tip-givers, akin to storytelling.
- A way to get some Dodge defense in combat situations without a character necessarily being a trained fighter (see the Graceful Dodge ability)
- Dance-based occultism. You essentially become the glyphs yourself by making the right dance poses. Because I don't care what anyone says: I think this is an awesome concept!
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO
Jaster

Post by Jaster »

Rias wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:02 pm - Dance-based occultism. You essentially become the glyphs yourself by making the right dance poses. Because I don't care what anyone says: I think this is an awesome concept!
A la The OA, on Netflix. https://miro.medium.com/max/750/1*Ljp7N ... qOKO6A.gif
Dennis1

Post by Dennis1 »

Dance based occultism would be amazing. Shamanish style magics where you communicate with the spirits of the world to influence reality? Hell yeah.

Practicing dance, having been a former dancer myself, is long and arduous with slow rewards. It's all muscle memory. I think dance can be akin to a recipe - you learn particular steps to a dance and a routine and create the dance from that template. While you can give yourself to the flow of the music and freely dance, you aren't communicating anything more than your passion.
Fall

Post by Fall »

I really want to be an occult dancer marauder, now...
You notice ((DEV Rias)) reaching discreetly into your crude threadbare wool pants! Seeing your attention, he quickly withdraws his hand.
Shaula

Post by Shaula »

Is there a way to train dancing to use graceful dodge?
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

No way to practice it yet - mostly because I'm low on ideas for how one might do so that don't involve just typing "dance" over and over. Suggestions would be very welcome.
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO
Lexx416

Post by Lexx416 »

Rias wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 9:13 am No way to practice it yet - mostly because I'm low on ideas for how one might do so that don't involve just typing "dance" over and over. Suggestions would be very welcome.
A system similar to Storytelling, where someone dances for a crowd perhaps? It could generate riln, and have a similar process of determining what kind of crowd the mood is in, and have different styles of dancing (cultural perhaps), and different specific moves. Could, perhaps, be done in Inns, Taverns, and maybe town-squares, and be on a similar cool down.
"You hear the Woses, the Wild Men of the Woods... Remnants of an older time they be, living few and secretly, wild and wary as beasts."