Marauders questions

Peerless warriors of varying types, from hulking armored dreadnoughts to stealthy light-footed nightblades.
Fall

Marauders questions

Post by Fall »

I love the concept of marauders! My character is coming together just thinking about it all. The idea of a clever combat pragmatist, no qualms with fighting dirty, mixing in some runes to get the upper hand. Here are some things I have questions about:

Graceful Dodge: Is there any way to train acrobatics or dancing to get the benefit from this?

The Tactics Marauders ability mentions artifice and dirty tricks. I don't see any dirty tricks to learn, though? And how do we train artifice?

We have access to Follow Punch and Shield Bash. One requires a shield, one requires an empty off-hand. Are these meant to be mutually exclusive?

Side By Side: Will this work with an NPC, or only other player chars? I can't wait to find someone to use this with.

Can we expect more abilities for marauders? I think we might have the fewest of all the warriors.

Thank you for making this great class!
You notice ((DEV Rias)) reaching discreetly into your crude threadbare wool pants! Seeing your attention, he quickly withdraws his hand.
Rias
DEV

Re: Marauders questions

Post by Rias »

Graceful Dodge: Is there any way to train acrobatics or dancing to get the benefit from this?
Not yet. I'll look into adding them somewhere and figuring out a way to get practice points for them. (Suggestions welcome.)
The Tactics Marauders ability mentions artifice and dirty tricks. I don't see any dirty tricks to learn, though?
Oops. I'll add some of the Dirty Trick abilities to their list.
And how do we train artifice?
No way to train Artifice other than stealing at the moment - you can steal from hostile NPCs like infested vagrants and the like to get practice without risking trouble in town. I've been brainstorming additional means of Artifice practice and general usage that aren't theft-related, so I'll toss some of those in soon(tm).
We have access to Follow Punch and Shield Bash. One requires a shield, one requires an empty off-hand. Are these meant to be mutually exclusive?
Yeah, presumably you'd choose whichever one best complements your fighting style - or get both, so you can switch things up based on the situations you encounter.
Side By Side: Will this work with an NPC, or only other player chars? I can't wait to find someone to use this with.
It works with NPCs as well (not those hostile to you, of course). So if there's ever an attack on the town for instance, and you find yourself a defender in the gatehouse, enjoy Side by Side bonuses from the NPC gate guards, whom have all trained in the ability!
Can we expect more abilities for marauders? I think we might have the fewest of all the warriors.
Absolutely. I have some in mind already, and I'm going to throw in some of the previously mentioned Dirty Trick ones in just a minute here. Suggestions are always a great way to get things going, too. So if you have any, please post them.
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO
Fall

Post by Fall »

Where can we get medium armor?
You notice ((DEV Rias)) reaching discreetly into your crude threadbare wool pants! Seeing your attention, he quickly withdraws his hand.
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

Nowhere, at the moment. Hmmm. I think I can easily make it possible to craft brigandine by adding metal armor studs and rings to metalworking/metallurgy, and then you ATTACH those to a piece of soft leather or quilted cloth armor and it becomes brigandine.

But I should also probably make it possible to buy some. Ooh, maybe I'll add an armory to Stormholdt Castle for warriors to use. Stay tuned!.
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO