The Risks of Resen

For technical bugs that merit special attention or discussion. (Please use the BUG command in-game first to report the bug.)
Frisbee

The Risks of Resen

Post by Frisbee »

So I am a bit hesitant to make a bug report about this, as it might be some sort of intended feature. I've just discovered that if I snipe at steamstalk mushrooms and similar types of targettable objects, my risk goes up like crazy, even with no one else in the room. Somewhat amusingly, this makes low-perception mobs spot me instantly. The ones I am experimenting on are not a threat to my PC, but I am thinking this might unnecessarily endanger characters trying to pick off mushrooms by making them more spottable.

Then again, hive minds and infested, this could be explained away, maybe! What do you all think?
Stop putting watermellons into the first thing you see that looks like it can hold a watermellon. It is most rude, because you'll only make them feel like they don't belong.
tulpa

Re: The Risks of Resen

Post by tulpa »

I think that's kind of cool, whether intended or not! To hear you tell it, it sounds similar to the reverberating spiderwebs in The Hobbit film/BG3 that alert nearby hostiles. I'm actually keen to see more environmental features that can be interacted with in this way (respawning blood cultist effigies? Nether tarns?) I like the barricades dotted around, as well, and wonder whether their destruction should trigger some kind of response.
Frisbee

Re: The Risks of Resen

Post by Frisbee »

I am finding myself agreeing with this more and more as I read and reread it. Thank you for providing that perspective! And here is to more similar effects happening.
Stop putting watermellons into the first thing you see that looks like it can hold a watermellon. It is most rude, because you'll only make them feel like they don't belong.