Stormholdt: Missing Things

Peerless warriors of varying types, from hulking armored dreadnoughts to stealthy light-footed nightblades.
Gorth

Stormholdt: Missing Things

Post by Gorth »

Just a list of things I'll rattle off that I think the place could use.

- Guards. We've seen Stormholdt Warriors at the festivals. It'd be neat to see them here, too. Or just Warriors wandering around, too. We don't have very many NPCs, in general, there. It'd be neat for them to be there when the spooky things from the east gate finally come a-knocking. I know it's coming.
- A water pump. Or a place to bathe in general. People stay here, right? Mercenaries and trainers and trainees, and the like? This place must reek.
- We've seen the name of at least one lead trainer of Stormholdt (I assume that's who it is). I'm very, very interested in meeting the higher ups in general. This is less of a thing to put in the area than a hope for these people to pop up.
- A post board. Mistral also could use one of these in their Warrior Guild chapter.

I'll update this more as I think on it, but I think this area hasn't got as much love as it's really cool descriptions warrant (yes yes, I know you're sad, scholars). Feel free to add stuff, guys. I'd love it if people felt reasons to come hang out here more often.
:undm_scales_key: :shagerd:
Proud owner of the ten thousandth post.
Squeak

Re: Stormholdt: Missing Things

Post by Squeak »

I second this. The place needs more "life" aside from a wandering cat. Even if it's the old veterans (since the younger bodies would be out and about) randomly showing up at the dining hall and belting out stories about their conquests. Guards roaming the halls.

There is a "bath" there, but it could do with an upgrade.

It'd also be neat to have places to actually stay there, private, austere rooms with a cot and a footlocker/armor stand. This would probably run counter to Rias' current hoarding crisis, though.

Someone should have a meeting in the Stormholdt halls to encourage the appearance of "higher ups". A call to arms, as it were. (hint, hint)
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

Squeak wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 6:03 pmThere is a "bath" there, but it could do with an upgrade.
What's lacking with the baths area? I thought it was one of the nicer bathing facilities available in the game.

And yes, providing quarters would just be one more way for people to hoard items, so I wouldn't count on it.
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO
Jilliana

Post by Jilliana »

I could be wrong and confusing her with an NPC in another area but I don't think the healer has a name.
(Rias says, "Happiness is accepting your past as part of who you are.")
Gorth

Post by Gorth »

Take a shot. That's intentional. She's too stressed to chitchat. Assumedly Hilderbrand is different because we have the best Physickers in Shadgard who help him so much he just has to be a figurehead.
Squeak

Post by Squeak »

Rias wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 6:20 pm What's lacking with the baths area? I thought it was one of the nicer bathing facilities available in the game.
I stand corrected; It is much nicer than I recalled. Now I'm curious as to which bath I was thinking of when I posted that!

As to the rooms, I figured it was a no go. It would give the place a nice feel of being inhabited, though.
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

There are a couple of guards now (who aren't talkative, they're busy staying alert!), and one new NPC who will wander around on a schedule and is mildly talkative (they're asleep at the time of this post (like I really should be) so don't go looking for them right now). I'm glad people want the place feeling more inhabited and busy, so we'll get some more NPCs running around there and add some scripts to a few of the rooms over the next few days!
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO
Volinn

Post by Volinn »

Very cool! Thanks for the work.
Gorth

Post by Gorth »

Just revisiting this after a little while to say that the additions are awesome! Keep up the good work.
Gorth

Post by Gorth »

The heater shields are described as round shields, and also, to my memory, are only sold in the town based chapterhouses. The former is worth looking at, and the latter might be intentional.