Clerics?

Discussion about the occult and arcana in general. (Don't call it "magic" if you want to be taken seriously by scholars.)
ocayucos

Clerics?

Post by ocayucos »

Is there or will there be anything like clerics in the game? Using spells or diagrams provided by an immortal.
Rias
DEV

Re: Clerics?

Post by Rias »

Considering the Immortals here are a lot less in-your-face than in may other fantasy settings, I'm not sure clerics would work as a guild class or something with a public set of powers. On the other hand, I've often mulled over ideas to have some kind of way for characters to mechanically show their devotion to particular Immortals (and have it be recorded somewhere I can see it), and the possibility of earning a few thematic perks through something like that. I wouldn't want to build an entire core character type around it or anything, though. So I would say: don't hold off on choosing a guild/class because of this. Your character will still have opportunities to dedicate to an Immortal after choosing to become a warrior, adventurer, scholar, or artisan.
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO
ocayucos

Post by ocayucos »

That's good to know, thanks! I'm looking forward to whatever it ends up being. Do you mind if we post some suggestions?
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

ocayucos wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:10 pm Do you mind if we post some suggestions?
Sure, just maybe start a new thread for it over on the "Religion & Immortals" forum: https://exiles.contrarium.net/bbs/viewforum.php?f=15
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO