The Headless Lord and the Pumpkin King [Octum Spoilers]

A place to share those crazy "out there" theories that staff won't give any official comment on.
Lexx416

The Headless Lord and the Pumpkin King [Octum Spoilers]

Post by Lexx416 »

There will be some spoilers for Spooky Octum Stuff here so - if that's something you want to discover first person, read no further!

My latest thing to post up on the Conspiracy Wall. Based on a few things, I think there's a pretty good chance that the Headless Lord and the Pumpkin King could be the same entity - and I wonder (after a discussion in discord with Bonehead) if he is also the same entity known as the Pumpkin Lord. Given the conflict between the Wraith and the Pumpkin King, I also wonder if his head is stolen at the start of every Octum by the Wraith of one of the Wraith's agents/believers, so that he cannot always tell the difference between Mortals and Lost Spirits.

Additionally, I saw a VERY cool thing in game, and I believe as a result that the Headless Lord rides the roads during Octum to collect the wayward souls of those lost spirits in his lantern - which is shaped like a grinning pumpkin. I think he's using those wayward spirits to animate the Scarecrows at the strange Scarecrow Farm. To what end, I cannot say - perhaps he is giving these lost souls a Body and a Spirit, so that they can find some peace and not straddle the worlds of the Living and the Dead. Perhaps it is for his own purposes, that he needs an army of animate scarecrows.

In any case, I do think there's reason to believe those three entities are the same being, if not very closely related to one another.
"You hear the Woses, the Wild Men of the Woods... Remnants of an older time they be, living few and secretly, wild and wary as beasts."