Mason's Rack (Instanced)

Have a new general feature to suggest, or think one should be tweaked? Share your ideas here.
tulpa

Mason's Rack (Instanced)

Post by tulpa »

As stonemasons do not have their own designated workshop (something that would potentially be cool, but going a bit overboard), it would be nice to see an instanced container in the workyard(s) for their use. This would help reduce ground clutter in the workyard and encourage sociability, to my mind. The rack could perhaps also store unprocessed stone chunks (mine/vault > cart > rack > allow us to carve and crush directly from there, not the ground, with no need to hold it in hand). A less involved solution might be to let us CARVE blocks/stone from a handcart/minecart, but that leaves crafters open to mistakenly using someone else's materials, and isn't great with handcarts contributing heavily towards a room's storage capacity.

Something like "a mason's slab rack": "A sturdy steel frame atop a flat cart, designed for storing stone and transporting it around the workyard. A %town_insignia is etched into the wheel caps."
(I am far from well-informed about these things, do suggest amendments!)