Concerns: Lost Lands to Become More Dangerous

If the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, discuss it here.
Gorth

Re: Concerns: Lost Lands to Become More Dangerous

Post by Gorth »

Blind people don't particularly need notice, here. If it's a triggerable string, we'll manage.
:undm_scales_key: :shagerd:
Proud owner of the ten thousandth post.
artus

Re: Concerns: Lost Lands to Become More Dangerous

Post by artus »

Firerose wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 3:08 pm Moving around is incredibly spammy. As far as I know, most--if not all of us--probably keep prompt off (if they know they can do that).
I like the idea of signs, though what might be helpful is something actually stopping us, then a message or two coming up two or three seconds after we stop moving. I'm just thinking here, I don't know if it's something most people would like. The reason I'm suggesting a pause is for screen reader users. If we get hit with a room's info, waiting a couple seconds to give us time to react and actually read the message could be helpful--that is unless/until Artus puts a sound into his pack for whatever, or the rest of us who use another mud client do the same.
FYI: Artus's pack has sounds for "also here:" and "You also notice..." messages. I have them on mine. I don't know about others, since so many seem to use his MUSH pack.

If it gets added, that'll be my priority to add stuff in. I may even delay this very near done update just for that. Currently in a phase of testing stuff anyway and still get 0 particular feedback from miners after I released a test pack on here for hazard stuff.:)

I like the idea or warning and danger zone notification, and also the flavor text (which I'm always a fan of in general btw). It feels like an ambient of sort and ambient alone can actually invoke something. The only difficulty is making it obvious. Sometimes flavor text alone may not be clear enough for people what danger they're about to face, talking about clueless newbs who have 0 Clok knowledge prier here, and even newcoming Clok vetorans.

I definitely love the idea of calling horses. Not everyone has tracking to go leagues to search for one and get themselves in a position to be attacked by anything when being attacked is what they're afraid of in the first place. Something like that would help big time. With that said though, I've enver seen any horse ooc easily frightened, even workhorses.

Screenreader users usually have rpompt on for spam reasons. I particularly care about spam given I too find it hard to notice stuff sometimes and sounds definitely help. There's also one thing to note and this is something I always care about whenever I think of adding sound stuff in my pack. Not everyone make, or know how to make triggers and aliases. You get a clueless computer users who barely know how to play muds, for example. They're not going to fiddle with code immediately, right? Even I struggle most of the time, knowing nothing about coding and all. I definitely feel for those in need of the same thing and don't know how to go about doing it.