Woodmending ability

Communion with primal forces associated with animals, plants, and the very world itself.
Rias
DEV

Woodmending ability

Post by Rias »

Per the changelog: The new Woodmending ability is now available to Rangers and Primalists at the druidry initiation site.

More info can be found by clicking here or by typing HELP WOODMENDING in-game.

I was tempted to make this Primalist-only, but it just didn't seem right to keep it from Rangers. Primalists get the full repair version however, while Rangers will have to be better about repairing things before they become too damaged to avoid having to go to a Primalist for major repairs (or a merchant).

I'm pretty happy with finally figuring out how that material is replaced both lorewise and mechanics-wise with the whole kindling-merging thing. The kindling does need to be the same type of wood as the damaged item.

Note: The more damaged an item is, the higher its required roll per repetition to successfully apply some repairs, so more druidry skill means faster (and less frustrating) repairs. (Yes, the skill rolls do take morale into account.)

P.S. The stuff in the IC description about it not affecting items that have been damaged for too long doesn't mean there's actually a mechanical timer or anything, it's just there as an explanation for why druids can't just magically repair, say, some ancient broken wooden artifact that was discovered and meant to stay in a state of disrepair for story/aesthetic purposes, etc. As usual with magical stuff, we need some circumstances where the easy magical solution won't work. (And of course, sometimes the primal spirits may just be fickle and decide they don't want to help with something.)
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO
artus

Re: Woodmending ability

Post by artus »

A reason for the Gaea to be mean.:p I don't care about your 30 year old wooden staff. You should have cared 30 years ago. Well, rip.

I'm very impressed and happy it's lore attached though. Nothing sounds more right than Fasa druids needing survivability and come up with that to aid the hardship in their nomadic traveling. May be I'm just Fasa bias, dunno. But this would be worth celebrating. I've been thinking more and more as of recent ever since the whole primalist update news was told around. It was a nifty old nitch stuff on Clok that unfortunately killed the item quality. I'm glad to see a band new version of it, much better than before.

Fix your skewers, anyone?
Lexx416

Re: Woodmending ability

Post by Lexx416 »

Very neat ability, thank you! My only request with it would be to see some kind of occasional progress update as to how far off you are finishing repairs.
"You hear the Woses, the Wild Men of the Woods... Remnants of an older time they be, living few and secretly, wild and wary as beasts."