My Friend Shaol

A place to share those crazy "out there" theories that staff won't give any official comment on.
Navi

My Friend Shaol

Post by Navi »

Many of us are familiar with the effects of the Shaol glyph. How it can levitate objects by drawing on your energy reserves. There aren't many explanations as to how this glyph works though. It could be the individual's will acting on the world to break physics here, or perhaps it is something completely different.
I'm talking about extraplanar beings. Is that bag levitating with crazy mind powers? No, It is much more reasonable to think that a contract is formed when the glyphs are drawn. A being is summoned to carry and guard an object, a being that exists outside of the character's realm. In exchange, a portion of energy is transfered initially, and then more is given based on the weight of the object. This is how the bag is able to evade thieving hands, and how no one else is allowed to get close to it to retrieve items. Since opening and closing it poses no threat, and it's technically outside of the contracts details, it doesn't prevent this action. Go figure, it's not a bug, but a loophole the extraplanar being has found. The carry limitation is also part of the contract that is drawn. It has to be so in order for it to be attractive. Arcanists just haven't figured out how to adjust this value.
wander without wanting, thrust into lands unknown. the shadows shift and change, and the worlds with them.
I'm not a soldier but I'm fighting
Can you hear me through the silence?
I won't give up 'cause there will be a day
We'll meet again