Various Quality-of-Life Suggestions

Have a new general feature to suggest, or think one should be tweaked? Share your ideas here.
Serity

Re: Various Quality-of-Life Suggestions

Post by Serity »

strip should default to strip armor, whereas a new parameter strip all should be added to remove everything. Just to, you know, avoid those public mishaps.
tulpa

Post by tulpa »

The option to remove confirmation requirements for certain actions, for example the COOK command. Perhaps this could be achieved with something like COOK CONFIRM OFF/ON. For me, 'If you're sure, repeat this command again' is only necessary until a player fully understands the implications of an action.

(edit: the above wouldn't apply to confirmations for particularly critical things, or decisions with long cooldowns like changing aura color, etcetera)
silly

Post by silly »

I'd like to be able to erase writing slates.
Using your hands, you work at washing a wash basin at a wash basin.
A wash basin is now clean.
Delphine

Post by Delphine »

[api] <CHANGELOG> (Combat) The punch command can now be used to deliberately use an unarmed punch attack even if other weapons are readily available to the attacker.
This tickles me. What about a backhand command to go with it that hits harder if you're wearing uncovered rings? My character would, 100%, finally take off her gloves for that.
You think to yourself, "I am surrounded by idiots and petulant children."

You experience a sudden flash of insight, as though you have an increased understanding of who you are.
Taliaferro

Post by Taliaferro »

I'd like to be able to transfer all items of one type from a container, or surface, or the ground, or whatever, to another place. Like, TRANSFER ARMOR FROM BACKPACK TO STAND, or whatever.

Categories would be stuff like armor, weapons, ammo, clothing, containers, food, gems, medicines, periwigs, shoes, ships, sealing-wax, cabbages, and kings. Et cetera.
nobody

Post by nobody »

Parsing wiki pages with formatting rather than color when options ansicolor is toggled off (see http://cogg.contrarium.net/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=2004).
Last edited by nobody on Thu Jul 27, 2023 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
silly

Post by silly »

Snare traps tend to persist a while, if they're built in areas that don't yet have animals to hunt added in. Maybe it might help if there were some sort of messaging preventing us from doing so?
Using your hands, you work at washing a wash basin at a wash basin.
A wash basin is now clean.
Dennis

Post by Dennis »

I miss the old days when I could automatically craftmark items as I crafted them. The additional 10 seconds to brand a blade adds up when I'm doing dozens of them! I'd love a craftmark toggle and to roll this into the process.
"Always remember that we are a community before anything else. Before being a 'game' or a 'world' we are a bunch of folk who get together to have fun."
Serity

Post by Serity »

Adding the writing implement to various places both before and after writing:
You consider writing the following on your blank papyrus label:
You consider writing the following on your blank papyrus label with a stick of writing charcoal:

You read an inscribed parchment note (Common Letters) that you are holding:
You read an inscribed parchment note (Common Letters, written with a stick of writing charcoal) that you are holding:

You read an inscribed parchment note within a leather-bound folder (page 1, Common Letters) that you are holding:
You read an inscribed parchment note within a leather-bound folder (page 1, Common Letters, written with a stick of writing charcoal) that you are holding:

You might try to read it (Common Letters).
You might try to read it (Common Letters, written with a stick of writing charcoal).
I assume for these purposes, the inkwell would be the writing implement when it comes to quill and ink so you can have 'written with a brass inkwell filled with red ink' or whatever.

...or maybe best just to have writing implements have a field for implement-material (charcoal, black ink, etc).
Last edited by Serity on Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gorth

Post by Gorth »

Serity wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 2:52 am Adding the writing implement to various places both before and after writing:
In heavy favor. I'm sure other people want to show that they're fancy with quills and whatnot.
:undm_scales_key: :shagerd:
Proud owner of the ten thousandth post.