Mining Cave ins!

Have a new general feature to suggest, or think one should be tweaked? Share your ideas here.
merin

Mining Cave ins!

Post by merin »

Hey friends,

So, I've been mining last night. I'd say I am mining right now but it got a bit more dangerous so I can't multitask anymore. Granted, it's on a character that's got 50 in the skill right now, so my observations might be somewhat limited.

If I am to understand the skill right, the higher stoneworking means the less chance for cave ins. Yay! If that's not right, then, boo!

Anyhow, it's that low threshold that I'm kinda concerned with. I haven't done any number crunching or anything, primarily because my math sucks, secondarily because my math still sucks, but one of the things I've learned is I think the random number of seconds, if it is random, between getting the "oh crap you're gonna get smashed with a rock run" acave in message to actually getting smashed with a rock is too low on the low end. When I mine, I get minus 14 energy with about nine seconds roundtime. There have been several instances where I have gotten away, yes, but there have also been several instances where i've gotten thumped by a rock and still been standing there for two seconds. (not an exact measurement). So I guess with all that said can the low end of that reaction time be adjusted up by a second or two? I understand this is to catch me out for not paying attention, but I don't think it should be a common happening for me to get hit with a rock if I'm alert, present, and paying attention--I do like the "well, i ran really fast but still got fracked" chance (you gotta pay the pain tax sometimes) but not this regularly :).

Also, maybe a bug report or suggestion i don't know. But I didn't have luck when Dorun was active on my character. So I don't think it's activating. Not sure if it's meant to, or if also just got bad luck on that.